What's your take on TOMIE?

So uhh, what are your thoughts on the story ( stories? ) and the characters?

Attached: 25ta75kcu4m31.jpg (1427x2048, 368.7K)

She's pretty and I want her to kill me

OP samefrieding here.
Personally I think it's nice to have this creature who's simultaneously the victim and the perpetrator. It's like a more socially aware femme fatale. It can also be seen as a metaphor for abuse. And each story is like its own universe which works with the whole genetic mutation idea.

Id hit it and fully accept the eternal torment in exchange for my virginity.

Would she let you though? I wonder...

Look how fucking gorgeous she is
Would unironically beg on my knees to have one night in a love hotel with her

She is the antithesis of Remina despite the somewhat similar looks.

Good take user. Which Tomie do you think is the cutest?

Attached: 8jqm9ndoqne51.jpg (634x900, 139.15K)

Not the live action version for sure lmao. Probably the slightly older one from one of her most schizoid arcs in my opinion, the one where she marries a dude who has four sons.

Little finger is a good choice. I really like the manipulation tactic she employs. This entire chapter kinda reminds me of "Under the skin" with Jennifer Lawrence.

Attached: HEGBGIO.jpg (1427x2048, 618.93K)

Fuck I meant Scarlett Johansson. I have a habit of constantly confusing actors for one another.

This spoke to me because the horror aspect was actually kind of tame. Instead Ito revved it to the max with the psychological manipulation, insanity and depravity. I wonder if he wrote it as a commentary on IRL gold diggers, haremshit AND Oedipal hentai tropes at the same time but that's just me being a schizo.

I like, but it left me wanting more...
I would like to have had a some stories where the concept it exacerbated to it's limit, like, world ending stuff
millions of Tomies, Election Tomie, I don't know
but that's just fanfic anyway, I like her character

What parts of her character do you like? I always saw her more as an abstract idea than a tangible coherent being myself.

Attached: DmvBM_sWwAA1o3J.jpg (1024x437, 101.14K)

I like that she's a manipulative monster but has a tragic side of people she manipulates ending up trying to kill her
You don't really sympathize with her, but can feel sorry sometimes
I think Ito hit the nail on the head with that one

Remina is another interesting case now that I think about it. To me she's a Christ figure and also a metaphor for suppression. Remina Star can be likened to The Father and Remina Girl to Jesus. But also you could say that Remina Girl is the conscious and Remina Star is the subconscious.

What about the based hobo? I remember thinking "nah this dude is definitely the lost Mineishi son, the space nerd one" the moment he was depicted immediately understanding what was going on when Remina Star fooled around with Earth.

Cool character. If we go with the Christian interpretation maybe Simon of Cyrene.

>the model dude who figures Tomie's nature out then spends the rest of his life working to capture her to get revenge after she fucks him over like everybody else
>finally accomplishes said task by incasing her in a concrete shell
>spends the rest of his life until he's old to break it open and laugh at her withered ugly old form
>there was a slight hole in the shell allowing her to escape decades ago through the wind

This always pissed me off, but it goes with the theme of the unobtainable beautiful female that is Tomie. Oh and the Ugly guy who gets fucked over by her also pissed off, actually I hate Tomie but I know I would be just as under her spell if she were real.

Attached: 1648951053187.gif (300x300, 571.09K)

I love her so much that I need to chop her into pieces.

tranny Tomie best

I think his cat manga is way better than his horror stuff

Attached: file.png (351x500, 293.13K)

Some of the coolest shit ever.
Some of my favorites were the original three stories, the one where Tomie gets dissolved into sake that makes you trip out, and the one where she regenerates from some fingers and leads a dude on.
The way Ito so clearly outlines his metaphor while also doing compelling stories in their own right is genius level. We don't have many great minds like his. I recently bought "Deserter," and I'm hoping to have time to read it soon.

Attached: Thumbs Up.gif (176x176, 3M)