Character made the throwing knives many time heavier when they left their hands with gravity magic in isekai

>character made the throwing knives many time heavier when they left their hands with gravity magic in isekai
>so that they could have enough force to pierce through many layers of stone walls
But wouldn't doing so kill their momentum and make them fall to the ground instead?

Attached: b2ea1ca7-3d79-4880-a8b8-397e20c874b6.jpg (2232x1608, 1.05M)

How do yo make things heavier with gravity?

>throw knife
>increase its mass with magic
>momentum increases while velocity stays constant
It just works.

Depending on how much heavier they became.

>But wouldn't doing so kill their momentum
Things don't have speed as an inherent property.
Speed is a property that two bodies have, relative to each other.
If you say "thing loses its speed (or momentum)", what you are really saying is "thing accelerates to match the speed of this other thing".

On Earth, this often makes sense. When you touch the ground, the ground will cause friction and thus make you accelerate until you and the ground match. But if you throw an object, changing its mass would not be the same as dragging it across the ground until it has the same speed as the Earth's surface.

>onmyoji from ancient japan
So how could that guy know about gravity again?

>It just works.
But how? How did velocity manage to remain unchanged?

See

I thought he was from one of those modern day onmyoji worlds.

>gravity magic
>they just make things heavier every single time
I hate this trope. Why is there no one using negative gravity to propel people out of the planet?

As somebody in a recent thread explained to me, negative gravity won't really affect very much how a normal gravitational field pulls you in.

The local are all drooling retards, you can't trust their explanations. It probably work differently.

>I thought he was from one of those modern day onmyoji worlds.
Look quite ancient to me.

Attached: ee3b9f66-6910-4fbf-8250-d6c838812360.png (1131x1608, 1.09M)

The same way mass increased. It's magic dude. There is absolutely no reason for why the same magic that would alter the mass of the object would alter its velocity. It's not like altering the mass of something is a thing that can happens under regular law of physics (unless we go into relativity and shit like that, but it's not something I'm going to do). So it's not like we know how the process of altering one variable is going to influence the others.

Those things exist in modern Japan, too. We can't tell if he has a smart phone hidden in his clothes somewhere.

Maybe she simple threw it harder too?

Because if you can't get them to reach sufficient speed before the spell effect ends you are just sending them into the sky, not into space. Also it would take a long fucking time even if it was a permeant effect.

>Why is there no one using negative gravity to propel people out of the planet?
For the same reason most fire users don't also use cold attacks. Standard power sets works thematically, and more often than not don't include their opposite.

Is this a harem?

Fire isn't the opposite of cold.
Heat is.

Why didn't the earth mage dive to the ground to hide?

So those thrown weapons increased their masses but were unaffected by earth's gravity due to magic? Then how could they gain additional force?

This trope is best executed when it's something already extremely heavy that the user is using magic to make very light for themselves, so when they throw the object and their power loses effect they've functionally still just thrown a really heavy object. Like the polystyrene guy in saike mate shite mo.
Unless it's using gravity magic to increase the gravitational attraction between the target and the projectile.

Ok fine if you want to be autistic then you don't have fire users causing endothermic
reductions

What happened to Ankoku Kishi? It's no longer the hot shit?

>but were unaffected by earth's gravity
No one said that.
But all objects, regardless of their mass, fall with the same acceleration towards the ground. So there would be (almost) no change there.

Do you not know the first thing of physics? What class are you in?

Once an object is in motion it stays in motion dude. Increasing its mass would make it harder to stop, not the opposite

In normal combat, dodging is a terrible way of protecting yourself. Your weapon is much faster than you. Most of your natural reflexes are terrible guidance for sophisticated combat. So you suppress them and learn how to protect yourself with a narrow steel stick.

I imagine that a mage would go through a similar process, except with magic rather than swords. His learned reflex to incoming trouble is to raise stone walls.

Gravity affects the weight of an object, to increase something's mass, you need to increase its density

>thing becomes smaller
>that means it's more massive now

That's not how it works, dude.