Talking heads wax philosophically: the anime

Talking heads wax philosophically: the anime

Attached: 2000816816.jpg (1184x1500, 202.58K)

My favorite genre. What else is good? I've already seen serial experiments lain and ergo proxy too.

Man, I miss GitS...

texhnolyze is the best one

That's Patalbor 2 outside of its bait and switch opening.
GitS regularly punctuates Oshii's script with action sequences.

Huh? I remember SAC being mostly action and plot, with occasional philosophical stuff that mostly served to explain character motivations.

It's the best anime ever.
It's life.

Attached: major_motoko_kusanagi_ws_wp2_by_seniortwinkie_d1a6xtk-fullview.jpg (1024x640, 51.52K)

Kara no Kyoukai.

Attached: Kara no Kyoukai - 8 - Epilogue [BDRip 720p x264 AAC].mkv_snapshot_25.25_[2018.10.15_21.37.26].jpg (1280x720, 86.11K)

and it might be a simple observation but anime for instance is suppose to filter people out of it like code a lot of people simply aren't supposed to get it but it's like a living truth, a change in your consciousness though and you understand it, original gits was about this trick of reality as well, old mason stuff probably

oh yeah and it's "joker" references and it being like joker 2019 are pretty neat, it's just one of those ahead of it's time things that always never were

well what can I warn you about? going schizo, the Nietzsche demon of eternal reoccurrence and how people via trickery make it ironic truths to hide the real truth and so your life is an act but it becomes an act, gits references this with art imitates life

all the memes about the show are a coded joke as well, then ultimately gits is blamed for being some controversial thing, like having a hooker in it or the shoulder thing that goes up

then it's forbidden art and so on, it's like flcl I realized there's the same pattern in it of artistic flow or something

I was taken out for realizing that though in my own way, the matrix

it references star wars as well and all kinds of things, fight club, but once you're retarded it might as well just be referencing how retarded you are and how you can't follow a simple plot

oh and how it's all nothing and yet it's all sacred, nobody is real there's a lot of lies told in it too that are meant to be there, it's the smartest anime probably

but I reminded myself like myself I'm not new anymore and it's not new anymore and so the way your perceive is supposed to be fucked up anyway, a book isn't just a book, an anime isn't just an anime, they're psyhcological experiences I suppose

it's really deep

oh and you have to be careful with the mind
if you think it's just philosophical circle jerking then that's what it is but the ghost in the shell thing remains relevant
it's basically the real slim shady but he just piggy backed global consciousness and there is a rapper in the show and that was around that time
truf in the boof

One thing I've always found interesting about GitS is the thematic inversion; the setting is so cyberpunk that it hurts but the protagonists are glowies who belong to a paramilitary secret police organization and the antagonists are the people which basically any other piece of cyberpunk media would follow.

Attached: 1286952652429.jpg (643x726, 44.09K)

Psycho Pass, Aku no Hana and Jin-Rou,

Battle Angel Alita also does existentialism a lot.

Talking heads wax philosophically: the thread

I just like playing along
based r9k poster, if it wasn't cyberpunk it would just be some extrapolated version of life in the present, it's actually barely cyber punk at all, it's like barely cyber punk at all- besides being so cyber it hurts

it's so kino it's basically medieval with witchcraft and dantes inferno, the cyber is just a simulation of the mind anyway which is what shirow's work gets at the spiritual side of being a robot and it's just like being human

but that's also an oldfags cope so the future doesn't outpace him

>SAC
>wax philosophical
Did we watch the same show? It's a slice of life police procedural with some light cyberpunk thematics going on

what it is is surreal
it's the best anime ever made because of that
it took me a while admittedly to realize how good it was, I saw it as a teenager but then a long time later it started to click

but it is what I would consider forbidden art, and I do mean that in the Any Forumsfag sense, there is a promotion of communism in it but also not, and there is the tranny bimbo thing, you are simply not allowed to watch it imo and it also suggests all sorts of stuff and that's part of the product is your input into the process otherwise there's no point you're just looking for problems with it, if you like it you have to keep it a secret from big brother and mommy
a lot of people are just playing a game where their whole lives are the weapon

Texhnolyze is funny because there's next to no dialogue for the first segment of the show.
It's definitely a member of the genre, though.

Attached: yoshii.png (360x360, 185.55K)