Captain Tsubasa

Why did foreign dubs of Captain Tsubasa call it "Oliver y Benji" when Oliver/Genzo was actually not that important and was frequently gone for dozens of episodes at a time?
Not to mention, Benji isn't even a common name in Spanish, neither is Oliver for that matter, so why of all names would they choose that for the localization? At least Tom in French makes some sense.

Attached: Oliver y Benji.jpg (592x841, 152.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYqF10SyMTk
youtube.com/watch?v=AKmzwpALHg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Supercampeones is the superior dub title

>Benji isn't even a common name in Spanish
its a dog name

I know, that just makes it worse.

>when Oliver/Genzo was actually not that important and was frequently gone for dozens of episodes at a time?
this one is even worse since we barely see him

Attached: 107854922_o.jpg (800x1228, 657.79K)

I would guess that the English dub came out first and every dub that came after it translated the English version, not the original.

I think they were just trying to hide the fact that this was a girl's show.

>English dub
>Captain Tsubasa
lol

You got them mixed up, Oliver was Tsubasa and Benji was Genzo.

Did European dubs 4Kids it and pretend that they weren't in Japan?

Localization, and a lot of the names were based on the Mexican voice actors who dubbed them.

Spanish dubs usually followed dubs from other countries and even adapt from there. So you could get an adaptation of an adaptation.

Is that carlos?

Don't you mean captain majed???

No

In French dub it's Tom & Olive
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYqF10SyMTk
I'm from Quebec but I could not stomach trying to keep watching it in French so I end up watching it in Japanese.

Italy used to do this all the time
easier for kids to remember names when they're in english or in their mother language

I'll never get over you fucking frogs stealing our opening for Lupin III for your inferior Captain Tsubasa adaption
youtube.com/watch?v=AKmzwpALHg4

Paco

>Got rejected
>Join Arselel
Poor guy

Attached: bc8402d91b8ea7bc91f044cd057652215ce9d442r1-512-512v2_uhq.jpg (512x512, 70.4K)

Shit designs

In French it's Olive et Tom. Tsubasa is Olivier Atton and Genzo is Thomas Price.