Peak paneling!

Attached: inwq74gbuj661.jpg (1717x2289, 908.7K)

Attached: good paneling.jpg (1124x1600, 268.61K)

Attached: paneling.png (844x1200, 587.71K)

That's just competent panelling, but hardly the most creative use of panels ever.
This one's pretty nice in how it makes the frame part of the narrative and merges different layers of the narrative in the same panels, while still keeping a clear and readable structure.
That's gimmicky panelling. Not bad, but a bit kitsch.

just stop embarassing yourself

How am I embarrassing myself? Nothing I said is in any way wrong.
You don't need to treat good panelling and composition as "the best ever" just because it's good.

ok and this one with the frame part?

Attached: panel.png (621x952, 413.02K)

Good. Having characters interact with the frame borders is creative, and in this case unobtrusive. Still not what I'd call the "peak of paneling", but more so than the OP pic.

Everyone and their grandma does panels where the white zone is a ledge, table etc.

because you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

I'm not the one who posted OP and acted as if complete standard page composition was the best thing ever. But suit yourself, moron.

Threads like these are so weird because no anons use the same terms or have a strong grasp of comic lexicon. For example the HXH chrollo page has really simple paneling, but its good because it highlights the amazing fight choreography making it great to read. Same reason toryiamas fights are so good. togashi has instances of really great paneling by doing what demonstrates, he often has characters stand beyond and over panels but he uses this to frame scenes in a really interesting and unique way, all based around moving the eyes around the page. Witch hat gets wanked to death for its paneling when really its just kinda gimmicky, a good comparison is the MHA page where the dudes hands was reaching through the page. People go WOAH THE PANELS ARE THE WINDOW BRO but it dosnt frame the actual scene well, if anything it makes it harder cuz u have to look at the page abit to now whats happening in universe

and this one ?
he actually prioritize readability rather than creativeness.
Witch Hat Atelier like here is one of the most creative manga that recently came up but sometimes it gets a bit too over the board

Attached: panel 2.jpg (720x1280, 201.45K)

yeah majority of people are ignorant of what makes great paneling and are just protting opinions, they saw gimmiky paneling and they oHHh woOOwW dUde.
Togashi's paneling is one of his greatest strengths. Especially during action scenes. Whenever characters are in combat the reader is always informed of what's going on. From panel-to-panel, page-to-page you can feel the character's momentum and the impact of their blows.
His choreography, positioning, transitions, and just flow of movement are top notch. That is a weakness that A LOT of action Mangaka have. So many fights where I'm completely lost in what's happening, or don't get the full experience because they don't incorporate flow and movement into their panels.

>and this one ?
Same thing. Togashi has good paneling and composition overall, and usually is pretty effective.
Still, it's nothing that deserves to be called the best effort in the field ever. It's just a mangaka understanding how to use a page effectively and unconventionally at the same time.
The only reason it may stand out is because so many other mangaka and comic book authors suck at it.

>paneling

its a bunch of retarded speedlines and shitty anatomy. its not called paneling by anyone. stop being retarded you stupid fucking weeb.

>speedlines and shitty anatomy
Do you even understand what "paneling" means? Because what you just said has nothing at all to do with that.

read

fair enough

Why point me to that rambling of yours? I don't agree with that "speedline user".

Attached: imagem_2022-05-27_201041364.png (1002x1405, 1.35M)

By the way
>it dosnt frame the actual scene well
It isn't supposed to frame the scene, it's supposed to reflect the character's inner emotional state and contrast it to the outer world, which is why two different scenes get overlaid and why it's a window, of all things, that's chosen as the symbolic framing device.
And, yes, it does require looking at the page a bit, and then thinking about it, to get what's going on. That's why people applaud it.
You're the kind of person who reads James Joyce's Ulysses and complains that all the stilted language, elipses, references to philosophy and literary history and local (pop)culture and lastly the swaps of literary styles, forms and genres make it harder to understand what's going on on the surface level, without trying to understand what any of those things mean and why they're there.