Tengoku daimakyou

So I picked this up after seeing a dump thread yesterday and holy shit the story is filtering me so fucking hard.
Can anyone explain to me what the FUCK is going on?

I've re-read the whole thing twice and I was kinda following it pretty alright for the first 3-4 volumes but now I hit chapter 43 or 42 when the school with kids gets bombed and raided by soldiers and I have NO FUCKING CLUE what's happening, so much shit just dropped randomly out of nowhere.

who are the angel soldiers with guns sent out by grannie principal, what is the welcoming thing? where are they going? why did they leave the school unattended? were the guys repairing it in the future or in the past? Did all the kids get extracted? What was the plan for them, just to get them out and give them new lives? What the fuck happened to Tokio and her baby and why was her bf so weird, what does he know. Who are all the new kids that got dropped randomly in past few chapters, i got that the one that lost her memory is the girl with one of the mc's who died but who are the other two? God I feel like 50 new plot threads just dropped on my head in the span of 2 pages I'm so fucking lost I have no clue who is where and when and why.

Attached: 54856515-9586-45b1-9df8-06a261ce9ca8.jpg (3023x4299, 2.16M)

? Just keep reading or read the whole thing again

I think you should catch up. Some of this is answered in the latest chapter.
>who are the angel soldiers with guns sent out by grannie principal, what is the welcoming thing?
Those are artificial soldiers that the director made to stop the government's attempt to stop the meteor
>where are they going? why did they leave the school unattended?
They were told that they would be going through some test so they decided to investigate what was happening.
>were the guys repairing it in the future or in the past?
Repairing what? The school? anything to do with the academy is in the past
>Did all the kids get extracted?
All except 5
>What was the plan for them, just to get them out and give them new lives?
Yes. They weren't indoctrinated to the academy's beliefs and they aren't violent so there's not much harm in letting them out.
>What the fuck happened to Tokio and her baby and why was her bf so weird, what does he know.
Tokio just protected her baby. He can see the future to some extent so he probably knows a lot that we don't.
>Who are all the new kids that got dropped randomly in past few chapters, i got that the one that lost her memory is the girl with one of the mc's who died but who are the other two?
They're the next generation of kids. There were 4 and the new kids are the 5th. We haven't seen the other two kids in the future.

This is a mystery manga that does not hold your hand for the answers. A lot of the pieces are there but it trusts that you will put them together.

Okay I see.
I mean get that it's a mystery but I feel like it was playing it very gradually with the two stories in the beginning, it introduced characters slowly, switched occasionally and developed them.

And then suddenly we flip back and forth between the two like every 2 pages at the speed of light, they dropped like 20 new kids who all look similar and the events started going at breakneck speed just bam bam bam one after another shit just happens at the speed of light.

Is the author fearing of getting cancelled and doing a turbo wrap up or something?

I like the pacing. Some chapters have a lot happening but it doesn't feel like it's rushed or anything. I think the earlier volumes felt slower because they focused on Maru and Kiruko and their side of the story is much simpler.
>Is the author fearing of getting cancelled and doing a turbo wrap up or something?
No. He just writes short story driven manga. Only his slice of life manga are long.

a lot of stuff isnt exactly laid out at this point. there is stuff we have to speculate on and then there is stuff that is explained but in a roundabout or hidden way. you kind of have to connect the dots yourself in a lot of places

>I think the earlier volumes felt slower because they focused on Maru and Kiruko and their side of the story is much simpler.
Yeah I can see that but I feel like we got a good slice of both sides in the beginning, I preferred that pacing, now it seems more chaotic.

Also I just remembered was that one girl from an inn that had a hiruko core in her one of the kids?
She would have to be younger than the youngest ones we've seen, a kid of one of the kids?
Or did they explain another way for humans to have the core and I just completely missed it.

Also I just realized that usami and the dying girl was the mechanic kid and mimihime, I thought they were from the beginning but it felt too weird but now that i read more it seems pretty confirmed with the button.
That feels like a really weird resolution to their arc.
I had hoped Mimihime would have a bigger role to play because she had those premonition powers and we focused so much on her early, almost full chapters just about developing her and her ability and relationships with other kids and all we get is she gets the disease and dies?
That feels like a waste doesn't it?

>That feels like a waste doesn't it?
we know how she dies, but we still dont know what happens to her between the calamity and her death. there is still plenty of space to fill and time to wrap up her and shiro's arcs.

I mean maybe but the last time we saw them as kids kinda felt like a farewell moment like we aren't gonna see them ever again.
But I sure fucking hope we do or otherwise that would be the biggest disappointment of the whole manga.

The hotel tycoon had a core. The academy kids can have children and the cores are hereditary like how the baby with the ice powers was the son of whoever turned into the ice spider. She's the daughter of one of the students but we don't know whose.
Yeah those are them. Mimihime was given the same name as the girl in the bandage. We see how they end up but they still have a role to play in the past events. I think they'll be meeting up with Ohma eventually so we'll probably see how the two groups find each other again.

Oh yeah I didn't even think about the ice baby.
Fuck wouldn't that mean the kids from the academy joined the crazy female cult? Man that's fucked.

Now that I think about it... it was 2 girls who wanted to have a kid and then escaped... could it be the 2 kid girls who were making out at the school? It kinda makes it better but the fact they got involved with such a fucked up place to begin with is so sad.

Also I've read in the last thread someone mentioned that the core means you'll get the disease that turns you into a hiruko, is that true?
Does that mean the hotel girl is fucked?

i dont know, i felt the button scene perfectly tied the two timelines together. im not really sure we need more with them, but i would certainly welcome it. i think ellipsis can be a powerful tool in stories like this.

>could it be the 2 kid girls who were making out at the school?
That's the most likely scenario. The kids are naive, they didn't get much experience so they'd be easy to trick into a cult.
>Also I've read in the last thread someone mentioned that the core means you'll get the disease that turns you into a hiruko, is that true?
We don't know if the core causes the disease or if the disease and the cores together make them into monsters or something else. Dr Usami probably also had a core but he didn't have the disease that Mimihime had. We simply don't know.

>I have NO FUCKING CLUE what's happening

basically the stuff happening with the school is in the past and the stuff happening with Maru and Kiruko is happening in the future
the most recent chapters help explain things better

Attached: 1643022332011.jpg (1000x4312, 446.43K)

chapter 44 posted a timeline

Attached: 1633820449325.jpg (1114x1600, 406.1K)

Attached: 1628578845764.jpg (1114x1600, 364.56K)

I'm tempted to do a timeline/giant chart/theory for next chapter. they always look so fun

Attached: melancholia chart finished compressed final final.jpg (9000x6586, 3.97M)

That would be a huge help. There's a lot of confusion in these threads. You'll need a detective's wall full of yarn to keep track.

Why did one of the winged soldiers want to return to "mother" and why did it call Tokio a mother?
Is it just because it saw tokio as a baby and heard her name?
And why was he able to get through to her while Kona couldn't?
And why did Kona have no reaction to the whole thing?

I guess it imprinted on her when she found it. It looked like Kona summoned it to sacrifice itself to release her. It seemed like he was expecting it, he smiled when he saw it and got out of it's way.

Meant for