Pluto

So there are Pluto anime settei marked as belonging to a "suspended" production popping up for sale on Yahoo Auctions now. I don't have access to it right now but seems like person selling them uses a throwaway account, which is indeed quite suspicious. Some people said it might be leaks and be sold illegally, others say it's proof the anime got cancelled since such production material wouldn't be sold otherwise. The studio hasn't said a word so far.

Do you think the production is dead? Should I kill myself? This was the only anime I was genuinely looking forward to.
People claim the studio recently said they had an ongoing project they were working on during some event, though. Considering that they never announced anything else the last years this should be Pluto. But the lack of new material is concerning. Wish they would clarify it, I want at least to know if I should abandon all hope or not.

Attached: FTu1JJnVsAIiGnf.jpg (750x979, 168.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_ChevalierLogan/status/1530107452473098240?t=y4548VzqmBksIniiiej5aw&s=19
twitter.com/_ChevalierLogan/status/1530115114938126336
twitter.com/_seequret/status/1530180404807880711?s=20&t=2StZBKDdKSWAY1cp8MYaaQ
twitter.com/_seequret/status/1530180993096859648?s=20&t=_pKod3cygbiiUIr3uwfcHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy it and continue the production

God I wish.
The little scene we saw during some event in France looked fucking good, it would be a shame if it was really dead. If they needed money I wish they would at least try to let community fund it or something. Urasawa has enough fans I assume and this is even based on something from Tezuka.

Attached: FTu1JJpUEAAIvAZ.jpg (750x963, 124.98K)

Do a flip

>it's proof the anime got cancelled since such production material wouldn't be sold otherwise.
Is immediately disproven by providing an alternate explanation as to why such material would end up on an auction site such as
>it might be leaks and be sold illegally
so I wouldn't worry about it until more info pops up.

twitter.com/_ChevalierLogan/status/1530107452473098240?t=y4548VzqmBksIniiiej5aw&s=19
twitter.com/_ChevalierLogan/status/1530115114938126336
twitter.com/_seequret/status/1530180404807880711?s=20&t=2StZBKDdKSWAY1cp8MYaaQ
twitter.com/_seequret/status/1530180993096859648?s=20&t=_pKod3cygbiiUIr3uwfcHQ

Have hope, it doesn't seem to be cancelled right now.

Thank you user I haven't seen these tweets yet.

Great that there is finally some confirmation that they are indeed working on this and that they can confirm the episodes they have worked on are basically done. Animators don't work on consecutive episodes so it means that a bigger part of the series must be 90% done already. Wonder if we will hear any news this year.

Bump

Those designs look really good imo I am glad they stick to the style as they did with Monster.
Wish I could see some first screenshots already.

>Animators don't work on consecutive episodes so it means that a bigger part of the series must be 90% done already.
Ehh, it mostly happens just because of tight schedule but the situation is quite different as they have all the time in the world to make this, so it wouldn't be unusual for animators to work on consecutive episodes.
Apparently the same designer as Monster.

Why do they even have all that time? I am not complaining, since it guarantees the anime won't look like shit or get bad later, but there is a reason for why most studios have such a tight schedule they can barely finish episodes in time. And this studio in particular didn't produce anything for ages as far as I know, I actually wonder how they are making money right now.

I just pray that Maruyama would be able to finish his dream adaptation while he's still alive.

I don't really know but if I had to assume, it's just the industry being kind to Maruyama and repaying him favours for what could possibly be the last thing he will ever produce. If you don't know who he is, he is quite the industry legend as in he is mostly responsible for the quality stuff that Madhouse produced during their peak. He is the reason why Kon kept getting opportunities to make movies even if they were complete tanks in the theatres. There's a lot that can be said about the man but you'd be better off looking at it on your own.

Also, one of the tweets posted in the thread ealier says the project is being backed by a huge streaming service (probably Netflix). And Netflix tends to have a much relaxing schedules for their top of the line productions.
Also, it's very likely that covid just stopped the production completely for quite some time.

Oops forgot to reply

so if it’s not cancelled, then it’s confirmed this is stolen production art?

Wasn't he the dude that wanted to make the Dream Machine movie?
Always wondered what happened. It's sad, I wish his and Kon's dream could have been realised.

Someone who works on the anime or at the studio probably just decided to be a jerk and leak it online this way for whatever reason. Any person who worked on the anime could've done this.

Yeah it's really the one good thing about Netflix, that they tend to license anime of genres and settings that are rather niche among the modern anime crowd. It often feels like they are more interested in series that would have been (anime) mainstream 20 years ago but I am not complaining, I am a sucker for good old action comedy like Pretenders or sci-fi like Pluto.

1k is nothing
if Any Forums were full of retards from Any Forums we can pool that under a hour and buy it

Yeah the dude that denied a cancellation rumors said he has access to all of these files and could have sold them himself. There are a ton of animators involved in such a project so everybody could have done this.

Trust the old man. He doesn't want to strain the animators. It might take them 5 years more than normal, but we'll get it eventually.