Re:zero

what killed the hype?

Attached: FRcAUeKagAABpcN.jpg (1650x2048, 1.29M)

Bad writing

Emilia

Tappei shoehorned Emilia in arc 7 to revive the hype and it killed the show even more lol

>what killed the hype?
1. Arc 7 is a mess and it feels like there is no direction or plan for the writing
2. The author loves the worst things about his story
3. Too many characters
4. Hiatuses

emilia is so repulsive i think the writer is actually retarded or just didnt think his sitty writing ever got an anime

Attached: 1582664342497.jpg (850x1275, 195.12K)

5. the cringy toxic waifufags and western fan community

I've never seen a series die as fast as this one

For the anime? Waiting four years to release the second season hurt it significantly. Re:Zero was red hot in 2016, and the studio didn’t capitalize on it in time. It also didn’t help that season 2 adapted a much less popular arc that gets overshadowed by the three arcs covered in season 1

Season 3 might revive the hype since it’s a battle shonen arc that everyone can get hyped about again, until season 4 comes out and once again has a restricted location arc that kills the hype

>what killed the hype?
No announcements for future projects, hopefully it will change most don't wanna wait another 4 years for news.

3 animes (although the one isn't good) and he has written for Pokemon movie too

>I've never seen a series die as fast as this one
Author can't help but adding fire to the waifu wars.

>until season 4 comes out and once again has a restricted location arc that kills the hype
Season 4 has no worries to have, it will save the hype with Rem waking up at the end.

All his other writing credits were because of the success of season 1 of ReZero.
His first attempt at LN failed and then he struck gold writing waifubait.

Shit writing, shit plot progression structure, pretentious plot, shit MC, panders to edgy teens who wants to self-insert into a harem. I'm genuinely glad this series is dying and the medium is much better off if it stays that way.

After actually reading Emilia's entrance, it isn't nearly as bad as I thought.
The tension is still more or less there, Emilia was definitely fucking up considering Priscilla warns her about the collateral damage she's making, and it's sad that doomposting has completely overshadowed the giant dragon death ray that nearly killed everybody.

It's not dying.
It's Kadokawa's most profitable series.
The got lucky and wrote the McDonald's (Rem) and Burger King (Emilia) of waifubait.
If you catch up on where the series is in the LN you can tell the intention with this story is to just milk waifufags for as long as possible.

/thread

kill Rem, kill your fanbase

Its fucking dumb that the weakest General in rank can do more damage than the Witch Cult and makes every fight in arc 5 look like a pillow fight.
Defending arc 7 just makes you look like a clown who eats shit.

>The tension is still more or less there, Emilia was definitely fucking up considering Priscilla warns her about the collateral damage she's making, and it's sad that doomposting has completely overshadowed the giant dragon death ray that nearly killed everybody.
Tappei did the impossible made Emilia's interference have a negative impact instead of a positive affect while having Rem save them using logic but people aren't happy, maybe everyone is a secret Emliafag and only pretend to be a Remeditor.

>has a necklace that lets her tank three fatal blows
>turns out this doesn’t matter since she has the Soul Marriage technique to make her resilient as fuck even without the necklace
The only way she gets knocked out of the running is if Capella turns her into a maggot, which is probably exactly what will happen.
Bringing back Rem revived the fanbase if anything since the volume 28 got a good amount of sales due to featuring Rem a good deal. It’s also hard to call a Rem who talks down to autistic dragon lolis “dead”.

Attached: 294735F0-3DD1-47B4-BD31-0C9ECEA7BF77.jpg (600x1033, 152.48K)

Idk about anyone else but for me the available english translations for anything after the 5th arc is basically unreadable. I got two chapters in before the terrible grammar and disjointed sentences made me give up and drop it.
It's like someone just copied and pasted it into Google translate.

Rem's not dead. The fanbase is dead. You're wrong.

>Its fucking dumb that the weakest General in rank can do more damage than the Witch Cult and makes every fight in arc 5 look like a pillow fight.
She isn't attacking alone, she was using air superiority to attack and destroy an enclosed village.

>into a harem
Re:zero is not a harem. Subaru is not in a relationship

Nah its your standard powercreep because nips love powerlevel wank bullshit.