3x3 thread

Attached: 3x3an.jpg (4088x4088, 3.82M)

>return of rocks and shota x shota
Not a bad week
Rejoice with me fellow gem connoisseur

Attached: Anime.png (1754x1240, 3.36M)

4/8
Why Steins Gate twice? Only rating it once.

6/9

Attached: 3x3triangular.png (1000x866, 823.78K)

Manga.

Attached: manga3x3triangular.png (1000x866, 507.9K)

Because S;G 0 deserves its own spot

Attached: 1653408309934.jpg (500x500, 72.88K)

If you say so. It's your 3x3.

4/9
2/7
2/5, -v gundm

Attached: anime grid.jpg (1500x1497, 816.56K)

What's going on here?

Attached: 1653515882232.jpg (280x539, 30.03K)

It’s like when artists paint over old paintings, need to get the restor/a/tion team here to uncover the original

I unironically read
>It’s like when autists paint over old paintings
and it made perfect sense.

Still working on my manga one, I want to finish a few things and for once Put some effort into making it look aesthetically pleasing it with some nice pages and/or panels.

1/1 + Eva
3/3 +Utena, Tatami, Princess Tutu. What's middle?
1/1 + Victory
3/3 + YKK, Yotsuba, Dungeon Meshi

How different is Sailor Venus from the original? I thought it was really boring and lifeless and traded it for some rare oop Usagi Yojimbo volumes lmao I'd be willing to give it a try if it's different because I like the setting, same for the anime which looks fun.

Also, I have to check Endevi, I love Atelier of Witch hat.

1/2 + Turn A Gundam - Macross 7 oof sorry but that show is three times as long as it needs to be, it's baffling, I ended up sick of it. I liked the OVAS tho.

Attached: new3x3.png (920x920, 1.65M)

>tatami
Not tatami
>middle
Rocks

>How different is Sailor Venus from the original?
The Sailor V manga IS the original. Sailor Moon is just a spinoff.
And it's way more relaxed. The Sailor Moon manga had to rush its plot to keep up with the anime (only 1 year worth of around 12 chapters per story arc), and the characters and pacing suffered for it. Sailor V on the other hand was Takeuchi's leasure project where she put her heart and soul in, and it is what established the tone and formula of the Sailor Moon anime, with its strong character focus and comedic tone. So, I'd argue it's very different. Most importantly, it stands on its own, where the Sailor Moon manga for most people only really works as a companion piece to the anime.

I feel like you get this question every other thread. You should include an explanation when you post your grids

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1200x1200, 532.67K)

Characters.

Still haven't found a fourth female character I really connect with to make it perfectly balanced. I could choose female MC I like, such as Lina, Izumi Noa, Ahiru or Coco but I'd feel like I'm putting them as filler cause I don't really connect with them. Fug.

>not tatami
Woah fuck, what is it then? Is it another Yuasa thing? That movie?

Also "Rocks" tells me nothing useful lmao can you spoonfeed me a little more on what it's supposed to be called. I'm very curious.

That sounds like it makes a lot of sense, the manga feels rushed as fuck, and Makino felt like a guest star in the manga, there was something that felt "established" about her, as if I was supposed to know more about her. Very interesting, I'll give Sailor V a go, thanks for the answers.

Attached: chara3x3.png (920x920, 1.11M)

I should write an extended encyclopedia about my 3x3 and suggest it as required reading for these threads. I'd just need to find a publisher willing to print and distribute it for cheap.

The day is long, stay here boy
And houseki no kuni
I eagerly await your passionate reasoning for how universe is anything but low effort crap

>how universe is anything but low effort crap
How is it "low effort"? I'd get "low budget", because it definitely was, but it was one of very few Nagai adaptations that actually cared about exploring and expanding on the themes and characters of the original.
Sorry, but your post comes across as mere bait and I don't think you're even able to reason for your low opinion on it, considering the way you expressed your criticism.

>The day is long, stay here boy
But it's almost night user I have to leave and go to bed please tell me okay got it lmao it is the movie

And I was wrong about what I thought that was, never touched HnK. I'm not even sure what I was thinking but that screenshot almost looks like something from the 90s, with those colors. Thanks for answering anyways.

>5.4 mal, 5.8 imdb
Hardly bait to have a low opinion of it, clearly you are in the minority liking it. Which is fine, like it all you want but there’s no need to take someone disliking your favourite series as a personal attack as you always do.
Universe just felt overly cheap, a stiff and plasticky imitation of a charming if not particularly fleshed out manga. I guess the budget can’t be helped, but it still didn’t really add to the story in any meaningful way. As creative and influential as he was, Nagai’s stuff as a whole just feel like prototypes of later better manga that improved upon his ideas. I still enjoy his manga despite the breakneck pacing, but pretty much none of the adaptions I’ve watched have done any justice to them. Universe at the very least isn’t an insult to its source like crybaby

>5.4 mal, 5.8 imdb
Oh, so you haven't even seen it yourself and just parrot those thrash sites.
>clearly you are in the minority liking it.
Ah, yes, because obviously all casual audience members go to rating sites, right? It literally has 8 reviews on MAL by compolete morons.
>Universe just felt overly cheap, a stiff and plasticky imitation of a charming if not particularly fleshed out manga.
Kek. Wanna look up that manga's rating on MAL? Maybe you'll quickly change your mind on it as well, because you're in a minortiy liking it.
>didn’t really add to the story in any meaningful way.
Except it did. Everything about Tarantula, everything about Natsuko, Honey's reaction to people around her dying actually getting more gravitas and so on. I love the manga, but to claim that Universe didn't add to it is ludicrous.
>pretty much none of the adaptions I’ve watched have done any justice to them.
How did Universe not do it justice? It was as respectful as you can get and didn't disregard anything about the manga, while also adding its own spin on it. Most importantly, it explored the same ethical conundrums as the original, with the same analogies and metaphors, but transported them from the manichaistic nature of the manga to a more deontological morality with a Kantian approach. Which I found refreshing.
By the way, the Cutie Honey adaptation that your "majority" or MALtards enjoyed the most was Anno's RE:CH, which completely did away with those themes of morality and misinterpreted pretty much all of the characters, if it even included them. It was still entertaining in its own right, but if any Cutie Honey adaptation was truly "low effort", it was that one.