So I'm pretty early in the story, but why does everyone and their grandma say Berserk's art is godtier...

So I'm pretty early in the story, but why does everyone and their grandma say Berserk's art is godtier? It's pretty solid and consistent, but nothing special.

Attached: berserk.png (1082x730, 1.06M)

Welcome, contrarian.

It does get way better after a while

Post good art from modern manga. Actual hand drawn art, not clip paint assets and traced blender/3d models.

Attached: mangaTraceBro.jpg (1208x1732, 280.62K)

5 Mangas with better art?

(You)

How much better? Does it actually get into the "godtier" zone of manga art?
Why modern manga? Isn't Berserk really old? Also I wouldn't know how to tell if something is hand drawn or not.

I haven't read too much manga, so I couldn't name 5, but the manga I have read no one told me the art is gonna blow me away, some of them actually I love the art for.

if you cant tell if something is traced 3d model like 99% of current mangas, why the fuck are you making a thread about art quality?

I keep hearing people throw out "Berserk has the best art in manga" over and over. From what I've read, it's good but nothing special. I don't think 99% of modern manga does what you're saying but who knows?

If by that you mean high levels of detail, yeah, of the ones that don't use any 3d or real life pics, it's the best one together with vagabond.

No matter what your opinion may be, congrats
You're that guy, making that thread
Why not just come up with a cool, new and fresh opinion?
Berserks art is objectively great and it's not even in my top 15 series or manga art
This thread is dumb

Why is Vagabond said to have amazing art? It's the same as Berserk in my eyes. I haven't read Vagabond though, I just heard the same thing about Vagabond so I looked up "best Vagabond panels" and nothing blew me away. I don't think you can discredit "3d or real life pics" of art in manga, because we are talking about how good the art is, not the skill of the person who made the manga.

Takemitsu Zamurai is the best manga i've read in terms of art and also Matsumoto's best manga mostly because he didn't write the story. Truly a genius. When it comes to more conventional art though Blade of the Immortal is my favorite by far Hiroaki is too good for the manga industry.

>Berserks art is objectively great and it's not even in my top 15 series or manga art
Art cannot be objective, so no you are wrong with it being objectively great. I could see if people said Berserk has good art, not great at the moment of where I'm reading, but it is good imo. I just can't agree with it having "the best art in manga"

> I just can't agree with it having "the best art in manga"

What is best?

>Art cannot be objective,
depends on what you are talking about if its purely enjoyment then yes its 100% subjective but there are certain structures in place that can be judged objectively.
>I just can't agree with it having "the best art in manga"
you have to realize most people only read a few manga and Berserk is literally baby's first manga so it makes sense as to why people would say this.

When we talk about manga art I understand that we are talking about the artist drawing.
Going outside or going to google images and taking some pics of tokyo just to pass them through some textures with photoshop and paste them over the panels isn't art, they are literally real pics.

What value is there in "great art" except its ability to invoke emotion in the audience? And how are you supposed to understand or care about a work enough to feel said emotion if you just stick to the introduction volume? Do you think such seinen manga are just some kind of art competition of who can just draw great spreads, disjointed from any kind of story?

Shit thread.

Attached: 1648386366909.jpg (812x1000, 392.45K)

I haven't read enough manga to say, but even if I did I have no right to name a single manga and say it has the best art.
I guess that makes sense, a lot of mfs read Berserk, very popular.
Nah, if people told me "Berserk has the best handdrawn manga art" I'd still disagree but it's more deserving of that praise than just "best art in manga". Photography is art too.

>What value is there in "great art" except its ability to invoke emotion in the audience?
I would agree, there were maybe 5 or so panels from the 3-4 volumes of Berserk I have read that invoked any emotion out of me.
>And how are you supposed to understand or care about a work enough to feel said emotion if you just stick to the introduction volume?
I'm not just sticking to the introduction volume, I plan to read all the chapters. I have the deluxe edtion of Berserk so I have read the first 3 volumes physically and I read a bit forward digitally but I plan to just read all of Berserk physically.
>Do you think such seinen manga are just some kind of art competition of who can just draw great spreads, disjointed from any kind of story?
Never said any of that, it's just I hear "Berserk / Vagabond has the best art in manga" and I just don't see that at all. The actual content of Berserk is good at least from what I have read.

Photography is art in the sense of getting the spot, lighting, angle, composition, theme, telling something etc, not in the sense of how good the resolution of the camera is and how detailed that something came out. In the same sense, how good manga art is isn't even about how detailed the panels look.
But besides that, you can't tell me that whatever trash you like looks better than berserk when most of the it hasn't even been drawn just because sometimes it looks more real and detailed to you because it's a literal real pic.

yes my favorite is the tiger miura draws

Attached: tiger.png (1010x730, 870.99K)

miura's tiger is awesome

Attached: 60b4e3ebbc5cfecba22ce5eb69dfb31c.jpg (800x1157, 254.74K)

>Not owning the deluxes
You didn't read Berserk or see Miura's art

Attached: DxIa908X4AA7WiU.jpg (2000x1435, 505.25K)

>I haven't read enough manga to say, but even if I did I have no right to name a single manga and say it has the best art.
This means Berserk has the best art of any manga you have read so far.

classic penwork and solid planning

>But besides that, you can't tell me that whatever trash you like looks better than berserk when most of the it hasn't even been drawn just because sometimes it looks more real and detailed to you because it's a literal real pic.
How do you know what I like? I don't care about detail either. Just as said it's about the emotion a panel brings out of me. In Berserk it just did not happen very much from how much hype the art gets brought up. You think I like One Punch Man or something? I actually haven't read the manga just seen some panels, but the art in OPM just doesn't do anything for me.