Is this really true? there was no point to the story?

is this really true? there was no point to the story?

Attached: Anno.jpg (912x1024, 127.05K)

he's being facetious and understands the symbolism more than he admits

Yes, the story willed itself into existence to waste the time of many people

(laughs)

its almost like at the end of the day anime is still only a sophisticated version of cartoon and not some revolutionary art form

Yeah, it's just a generic giant monster attacks city anime + harem. There's no point to it except for otaku to clap & flap.

Fiction is created by people making shit up as long as their pen allows it

Attached: 1653303290090.png (748x382, 365.96K)

Based Anno dabing on the brainlets.

and why are movies and tv shows any better? they are just as shallow user. We should judge them based on the merit of the work itself.
because I sure as hell would consider Oyasumi Punpun art for example

>Generic shit is great because they don't draw the protagonist as he actually looks
It always boggles my mind how easy it is to impress normalfags.

There was never any merit or story or anything of value beside the production value (xD) in this overrated pile of shit. It doesn't take a genius to realize this series got nothing to tell, and when it tells you something, it is negative and harmful and hardly constructive which is the opposite of what stories are supposed to tell, and that is why numerous figures in the industry hate Anno and hate NGE.

Attached: Lelouch pipe.jpg (575x421, 25.83K)

>negative and harmful(...)which is the opposite of what stories are supposed to tell
Why?

>The power of Christ is so strong it compels those who know nothing of Christianity to include it in their work
Based. Christ is my saviour.

Attached: weistlingourrefugeandstrength7.jpg (581x600, 395.87K)

>normalfag
What is not normalfag? the word lost its meaning. unironically using this word only outs you as a dumbfuck nigger with no argument. neck yourself

Attached: Cheap Joke.webm (640x360, 2.64M)

Why do you think tales are made? Or rather exist at all? To tell a message. To teach you a moral. To pass over a wisdom. This is not limited to fiction however, I'm talking about folktales and pretty much any story out there. One example I can think of we got here is a tale of a man who always pranked his village by telling them wolves are coming to eat them all. He did it once, people fell for it and it was funny. He did it again, once again people fell for it and he got his laugh.
But the third time was different, the wolves actually came this time. And when he told them about it, hardly to anyone's surprise, they didn't believe him. And thus, they all died.

This short tale speaks volumes, which is the point. Why would you tell anyone a tale that holds no merit or value to pass over? Unless that's someone you hate and you want to harm them or waste their time.
And beside of that there's the other factor which is NGE is targeted to teenagers, especially in their puberty phase, the most dangerous and difficult time in one's life.
So imagine instead of helping them you tell them to become even more depressed, this is why NGE is trash and so many popular figures publicly state they don't like it, because it serves no one, it just harms poor teens whom some of them most likely killed themselves after watching it.

TLDR eva is bad cuz it has nothing to tell + its edgy

This, non-artists don't get that sometimes artists just don't want to explain every little thing to you

>numerous figures in the industry hate Anno and hate NGE
not really

itt: people that never understood Eva.
Anno can say whatever he wants, the End of Evangelion is probably the most meaningful work I've seen in my entire life. Is he lying? Maybe, Japanese are NOT used to brag about their success, rather they downplay them, and expose their faults, sometimes even outright lie about them. He has also said at some point that he wanted people to think by themselves, so maybe he really IS consciously lying so that only brainlets itt think he had nothing to say.
Could it be a coincidence that The End of Eva faithfully represented the kabbalistic ritual of the union of all egos as is literally depicted in the scene where Shinji overflies the Kabbalah making it one of the perfect movies to end the millenia? It is hard to believe, but maybe they just struck gold. But then they must have struck a big, big chunk of gold, because it is not only meaningful, it is meaningful in a way that stays with many of the viewers. The sheer quantity of readings the last part of the movie has, for me, already justifies the entire series and, again, this is my opinion, the movie was *the* last movie from this century.

You're fucking stupid as shit.

Guys at the end of the day it is a show about Depression. Thats it. Eva is about living with depression. Either you understand that and relate to it on an incredibly personal level, or you can't see the forrest for the trees.

Attached: 1653018669524.jpg (1440x2160, 1.23M)

You're a retarded faggot who has nothing to say, kill yourself

>fiction has to serve a purpose

Attached: 1652002426912.jpg (262x236, 18.88K)

cope

It's not edgy, it's escapism. Everyone cares about something, saying nothing matters is just a sad cope with either your inability to get what you want or you're just depressed, but I won't dive deeper into this.

Can you niggers at least think before pressing that greasy enter button and posting retarded replies like this? Dumb faggot, kill yourself.

Saying nothing matters is incredible. You realize the fultility of life and come to peace with it.

What do you think of post-modernist fiction? You seem to not understand it.

Attached: x26o89wpgzz41.jpg (480x360, 11.9K)

>You realize the futility of life and come to peace with it.
Indeed, that much is true. But what comes afterwards? Why did you stop thinking? If you think all what our life amounts to is the triviality of its existence, then you're gravely mistaken. I implore you to continue thinking, even for a little. For what awaits you is a joyous revelation, I hope.
>post-modernist fiction
What does that have to do with what I said? It serves a purpose.