Isn't it dishonest for so many

Isn't it dishonest for so many
>deep
anime to have an anti-escapism message expressed through an escapist medium? It's like trying to make someone quit smoking by gifting them their own personal hookah.
>Do you see how smoking could destroy you?? Now smoke this pipe that's the equivalent of a 100 cigarettes!!
It's pretty cynical, it feels like it's done in bad faith. If I wanted someone to quit smoking, I'd try to convince them to gradually ease the stuff out of their life, not tell them to smoke even more so they could REALLY feel the brunt of what this destructive habit can do to them. And unlike smoking, watching anime, or consuming any media, is not a destructive habit at all, unless it gets out of hand of course, but what isn't harmful in excess, exactly? It honestly feels more like the creators of such anime/manga are patting themselves on the back for having awareness of the possibility that their hobby could be harmful rather than actually wanting to help people who have gone beyond the edge.

Attached: aba02167ccf140058dedc0389c6fef47.jpg (1000x752, 145.84K)

Attached: 1639069689039.jpg (680x680, 49.12K)

>dishonest
no, it's completely honest. a large multidisciplinary team of people usually across countries all come together to do their jobs to tell NEETs to go the fuck outside. it's incredibly honest.

>Isn't it dishonest for so many anime to have an anti-escapism message expressed through an escapist medium?
No? How else are you supposed to reach the target audience?

Anime is kind of a casual thing so I don't think it's that effective in regards to sending an anti escapism message. It's cooler in games.
I liked how it was done in the Suikoden Tierkreis game where you end up waking the world from a Tsukuyomi but also the narrative implies that you're the villain for destroying the escapism world, so you inevitably come to the conclusion that escapism is good.
I got hung up on that game's morale for like a year, still haven't seen any story with similar themes that is more powerful.

Attached: artworks-000029678975-ubt4vc-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 113.87K)

Lemme guess, didn't read the whole post? I was worried this would happen with so many speedreaders here.

>escapist medium?
This medium is not inherently escapist, you can defintely have a more down to earth story.
First you have to define "escapism"

No. Learn basic English because that's not what "honesty" means at all. Even accepting the premise that a medium itself can be "escapist".

they're trying to reach you in the only way you'll understand but it's not working

Engaging with fictional stories is by design an escapist activity. The reason why you're contending this is that the word "escapism" has a negative connotation to it in modern culture, when it really just "momentary disengagement with one's immediate surroundings".

Attached: Escapism.jpg (1499x669, 119.4K)

>when it's really just "temporary disengagement from one's immediate surroundings".

Games are pretty casual as well, I don’t understand your point.

Anime isn't deep. Never has been never will be.

>escapist medium
the medium isn't inherently escapist, though.

>what is "Jing King of Bandits"
Please watch it.

I'll use a simpler analogy: Does it make sense to make an obese fast-food junkie to quit fast-food by serving them a triple bacon & cheese burger with a giant side of fries and soda? Do you want them to have a heart attack, or lay off the shit and maybe eat a salad? If you wanted to "cure" an "anime addict" you wouldn't do it by giving them even more anime to watch, you'd approach them from an angle that doesn't involve their object of addiction.
>like what?
Like actually talking to them face-to-face for example.

Again, yes, it is, you only say that because of the negative connotation associated with the word. All fiction is escapist , and the negative connotation is only cultural baggage.

Stop being so neurotic, you fucking neet.

>Like actually talking to them face-to-face for example.
You're even dumber than I thought.

And to further prove my point: look at Evangelion. The whole thing is a massive exercise in failure in trying to make people "go outside and stop watching anime". Instead, it become an object of extreme obsession in both Japan and overseas, and spawned a multi-media project that made people only dig into it even more. Anno seethed so much about this he made the Rebuilds like
>OK, one more time, I'll try one more time to make them go outside
And it failed even doubly so.

And you're an inert bitchboy sitting on a throne of apathy and impotence. If everybody thought the way you did, rehab centres wouldn't exist.

>rehab centres are run by animators
What planet do you even live on?

Ffta

How fried is your brain to misread a simple sentence that badly? Don't reply to me again and kys.

You're suggesting an alternative course of action for the people making anime: to talk to people individually by running rehab centres.

I told you to not reply to me again, but I guess that too has to fly through your ears what with there being nothing between them.