Jump could have had another Masakazu Katsura in Tsunehiro Date

>Jump could have had another Masakazu Katsura in Tsunehiro Date
>They axed Cross Account
God, WSJ is dumb as fuck
There's nobody in Jump right now who can draw anatomically well, just 5 year old doodle bullshit

Attached: cross_account_1_3.jpg (1200x873, 173.23K)

Looks like a Keitai ripoff

I agree that he should be given another chance. His artwork is top tier for a romcom

It's garbage. Look at the dump thread. Nobody cares. Must've hurt it that nobody care about your dumps huh?

I was the one doing the daily threads, and no I'm not the OP. I do agree that Date deserved better, but even I agree that CA's art was better than its writing.

Reminder that they axed CA for no reason.
Ranking only went down after it got axed(series always get axed months on advance).

The editor in chief has no clue what's he doing which is why so many dogshit series with bad art keep getting published in WSJ.

Who gives a fuck about what Gaijin like you think?

>CA's art was better than its writing.
See CA only got bad after the axe
The crossdressing stuff that people associate with CA getting axed started after the series got canned for no reason

>Ranking only went down after it got axed
As much as I defend CA so much, that's plain wrong. It was doing shit from the start and hit last place multiple times even before the axe fell.

>The crossdressing stuff that people associate with CA getting axed started after the series got canned for no reason
Actually the axe came around or just before the axe, not after. You can tell because the crossdressing chapters began at chapter 15 and I don't think the double volume announcement happened until after that chapter came out.

Attached: cross account ranks.png (644x500, 12.3K)

I meant to say "the axe came around or just before the crossdressing arc".

Except japan also think it's shit? Seethe more. Baffling that some shitty mangka that keep churning out u19 garbage had some dedicated retard shilling for them

>Except japan also think it's shit
NTA, but source? Like, can you link to comments or posts saying that?

Cross Account was shit, cope and sneed.

I should have been more clear, I meant that the writing got bad only after axe around the crossdressing arc.
Series always get axed axed really early(like often 20 chapters in advance).

The series was doing okay before despite the bad writing as you can see with the constant 14th place rank in the last 9 chapters. The sales were also decent(1st volume got reprint iirc).

It simply didn't get the PUSH from the editor-in-chief.

Attached: DafZjksWkAAhlfX.jpg (596x579, 146.44K)

And that's what I meant.
The crossdressing arc is the consequence of the series getting axed.
Before then the writing hadn't jumped the shark yet.

The series didn't get PUSHed by the editor like other series.

The only one who is seething you, THK.
Now stop shitposting in my thread.

Given how it was doing poorly out of the gate, I don't know if a push would have made any difference. Sure it got reprints, but so did plenty of other axed series. Didn't Phantom Seer also get reprints before getting axed?

If anything, I blame bad timing. Jump already had Bokuben and Yuuna at the time and maybe there just wasn't enough room for a third romcom in the magazine. Perhaps it was published in Jump+ or Young Jump instead it could have had a better chance, but that's not a guarantee. Heck, as much as people said it could have survived if it was a WSM manga instead, I doubt it would have lasted much longer even then. After all, WSM has been axe-happy about its romcoms lately.

>best ever ranking was third from the bottom
>that was chapter 2 (chapter 1 if you go by the japanese method)
>it was doing okay

>The crossdressing arc is the consequence of the series getting axed.
I don't think so. I think the crossdressing was going to happen sooner or later considering how they were building up towards the MC meeting Nanoka's alter-ego. The true sign of the axe was the childhood friend getting rejected so soon and Nanoka's big reveal: I'm sure had the manga not ended so quickly those would have been saved for much much later.

Katsura was always a shit writer anyway, VGA being the one decent work in his entire career

>VGA
What is this series?

Video Girl Ai

Come to think of it, had CA not been axed, where could its story have gone anyway? Elaborating more on Nanoka's past? More buildup for Mao? More crossdressing antics? More idol stuff? I'm not actually sure if there was even much more to expand on the story.

>Given how it was doing poorly out of the gate
So did Bokuben actually.
Bokuben did just as bad before Sensei's character was rewritten.

If it got the PUSH(which for the record I always found a laughable initiative) it probably would have done better and would have lasted a few years at least.

>If anything, I blame bad timing. Jump already had Bokuben and Yuuna at the time and maybe there just wasn't enough room for a third romcom in the magazine.
Oh I get that, I'm just saying Bokuben was in the same situation as CA.
Bokuben got lucky that it serialized before CA so it got the PUSH.

It was never in the bottom 3.
Worst it ever did was chapter 4 and 6 when it fell down to 16th place(which is probably when the decision to axe it was taken) but after that it was a consistent mid-tier until chapter 14 or so where it started to get climb up the rankings.

Nips seemed to be okay with the crossdressing stuff basing it on the ranking so the writing being less than stellar wasn't a problem.

It's clear the series had a rough start but was getting more popular.
Too bad there were 2 other romcoms in the magazines.

>I think the crossdressing was going to happen sooner or later
Probably much much later. It might have been after 100 chapters if it didn't get axed.
It's clear the story was rushed but the rankings seemed pretty stable throughout that arc either way.

>It was never in the bottom 3
Actually, it was in the bottom three for its entire run. Like the user said, it never went above the bottom three even once, and it actually was last place in the ToCs multiple times, including as early as chapter 6. If CA started today and did those ranks, it would have been a strong U19 candidate.

Attached: bottom three.png (644x500, 14.74K)

>The true sign of the axe was the childhood friend getting rejected so soon
That was way after the axe come on

>the rankings seemed pretty stable throughout that arc
Stable in that it was stuck at the bottom of the ToCs throughout that time. One chapter of that arc was at last place in the ToC while the rest either ranked 2nd from bottom or 3rd from bottom.

I think what bothers me was that Nanoka never showed her pantsu even once in the manga, while Mao had multiple pantsu scenes. I don't know if Date did that on purpose or simply never had the time to make a Nanoka pantsu scene before the axe, I just found it suspicious.