Casshern Sins

>Spends the entire series regretting bringing the Ruin to the world
>Vows to find a solution for it
> Him and their group change their mind in the last 2 episodes and decide that now mortality is a good thing

Was I supposed to have watched this thing without delving too much into it ? I know it had some subplots that were ignored, like that rock thing , or Leda's past, but this really came out of nowhere and made the entire journey kinda pointless.

Attached: Casshern_Sins_DVD.jpg (265x376, 15.7K)

>change their mind in the last 2 episodes and decide that now mortality is a good thing.
Are you baiting or missed the point of Casshern Sins this hard? It was never ever against mortality.

I thought the point was that robots had become hedonistic and empty because they were pretty much immortal.

Casshern becoming the embodiment of death was meant to force robots to start to value life more.

>has sex with some random black guy
Well that felt out of place.

Attached: KyashanSins-FanFactory-Boxset-3Bllu-ray-SerieTVCompleta_5.jpg (1600x900, 115.44K)

When in the series did it start preaching against immortality besides the last 2 episodes ?
Every person Casshern encountered was afraid of death and suffering because of it. And he was always regretting what he did with Luna and brought to the world.

Are you some bizarro user who understands concepts in reverse? The whole journey Casshern treks through in Sins is him pretty much seeing with his eyes that there is reason in life being finite, the suffering that the Ruin brought was amplified by the Ruin, several characters in the series believe there should be death in the world, immortality isn’t for everyone.

>Every person Casshern encountered was afraid of death and suffering because of it
Watch slower next time, there is more than one character who found meaning in their lives knowing that the Ruin will eventually kill them.

The majority of them were always afraid of dying to it. I can only think of the painter, that bell woman, and the singer as people who didnt seem afraid.
That little girl who had her circuits fried was already too far gone to care about death.

Anyone else was either too far gone to care, or was searching for Luna to stop the Ruin from killing them.

Those episodes were an odd way to make her fall in love with Casshern.

Why didn't the character designer of this work for more series? Is the style too uncommon? I dig the look of Sins and its characters a lot.

Attached: wtitwqgj.jpg (664x658, 63.14K)

I liked the art, music, ambience, the characters. Only thing that bothered me was this twist at the end of story.

Same me too. It was pretty unique and it's one of those series I actually remember, even ages later. I like a lot of anime enough to watch all of it but I couldn't tell you shit about 90% of them a year later anymore.

Remember that magic rock they took from that kid's chest and then never brought it up again? lol

Was the director planning for a sequel to explain these things ?

He has tons of credits though, do you expect character designers to use the same style in every anime they work on?

I just wanna say I hope Yoshihiko Umakoshi goes back to design more original characters after he's done with the My Hero Academia anime. I saw his art for that one Doremi movie that came out a couple of years ago and he still has his magic touch.

Attached: asuka_momoko fujiwara_hazuki harukaze_doremi heels kawatani_reika megane nagase_sora ojamajo_doremi segawa_onpu senoo_aiko yoshitsuki_mire.jpg (2920x4127, 1.4M)

Didn't know it was him, I really enjoyed that movie.

Then she died right after recalling that. It was the best part of that shit series.

japanese fiction writers have a strange obsession with immortality being bad

That was the point user: the robots became so much like the humans they replaced that fear/acceptance of death was the last step

Aren't westerners the same? Though it's surely a trope that annoys me. Another one is the "advance/technology bad" which is just as grating, especially if the very same series shows how many people the technology has actually helped and made happy. And in the end the MC always comes up with some contrived reason for why it's bad, gets rid of it and the story never tells us what happened to all of those that needed it to live. Literally Marche tier.

not surprising considering how japanese religious themes focus on death and possible reincarnation