Name the top 12 most popular anime in your country pre-2000's. Americans need not apply

Name the top 12 most popular anime in your country pre-2000's. Americans need not apply.
>Grendizer
>Captain Tsubasa
>Dai no Daiboken
>Detective Conan
>Hunter X Hunter
>Rose of Versailles
>Treasure Island
>Future Boy Conan
>Nadia
>Nobody's Girl Remi
>Daddy Long Legs
>Lady Lady

Attached: Screenshot_90.png (824x536, 292.25K)

No Saint Seiya?

Nah, never ever aired in my cunt, unfortunately.

how would i know

No Rurouni Kenshin?

Didn't air either.

By talking to peo- oh.... Oh, I'm sorry...

Are we talking about in general?
Picrel is Germanys top 12 according to a database.
In general it would be something like:
>Heidi
>Maya the bee
>Vikie
>Sailor Moon
>Digimon
>Detective Conan
>Captain Future
>Dragon Ball
>Nadia
>Pokémon
>Tottoro
>Ganbare! Kickers

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 22-54-02 Anime-Toplist.png (1118x624, 1.01M)

Are you Itralian OP?

Pretty nice list
>ganbare kickers
Wait, really? You guys didn't get Captain Tsubasa, you got the ripoff instead?

>my country
Literally none or I don't know. There were a handful of anime airing on tv but I never met more than two other people in real life that even watched anime in the 00s. Not sure how I would even know, it's not like anime were anything mainstream like you knew that maybe game of thrones was popular later whenever it aired but you don't casually see anime fans anywhere.
This. I assume that Americans have a better grasp because more people fanboy about stuff there and they have these school clubs or whatever. But even then you would be a normalfag to know or join.

Kuwaiti, but I'm pretty sure all of our imported anime were translated from Italian/Spanish/French dubs, and that goes for the entirety of the M.E, so what's popular over there is popular over here.

Not him we got both but Kickers aired like a billion times so more people have seen it. Not sure why.

I thought Germany liked Moomin and Alfred J. Kwak.

We got the 1983 and 2001 series but I think Kickers was more popular because it was released a decade earlier than Tsubasa.

I saw both as a kid but don't see anyone talking about it. Especially not on the internet.

Hmm.
>Voltes V
>Daimos
>Yu yu hakusho
>Ranma 1/2
>Princess Sarah
>Heidi
>Doraemon
>Magic Knight Rayearth
>Flame of Recca
>Mojacko
>BtX
>Ruruoni Kenshin
>Cardcaptor Sakura

Attached: 1650632720501.jpg (1170x1652, 310.86K)

No Slam Dunk?

>Doraemon
Italy?

>forgetting Dragonball
Yeah, I'd remove BtX there in terms of popularity.

Ahhh OK that makes sense. Syndication and earlier airing. I was also gonna ask about Moomin, but beat me to it. On that note, Germans dubs are, as far as I know, one of those rare occurrences where the enthusiasts are actually OK with them even after being exposed to the original Japanese. I think the German Digimon dub is pretty well-received too in that regard, no?

>Slam Dunk
>Dragonball
Fuck me. Its 5 in the morning and I am still having my coffee. Sorry.

Flip islands.

You guys got RAYEARTH? That's so cool. Philippines?

German Digimon was popular enough to have four German language albums.

Yeahhh German Digimon is reputable enough to be known overseas. Warms my heart that local dubs can be loved like that, I'm not a JP-purist.

Aha! I knew it! As soon as I saw Daimos and Voltes V, I knew you were Pinoy!

>Germans dubs are, as far as I know, one of those rare occurrences where the enthusiasts are actually OK with them even after being exposed to the original Japanese.
It depends. If we're talking about series dubbed 15-20 years ago I would agree. But nowadays they heavly overreact which doesn't sound good at all. I think it has to do with the people involved.

Ahhh that's a shame. I can definitely say the same in the M.E., and I know it's not a nostalgia thing, even the kids notice the difference between old and more recent dubs in quality. I think Anime in the 80s-90s had a boom that was global but not "globalized", you know what I mean? So there was a lot of emphasis on local dub production, but anime everything attached to it since at least the late 2000s have been pretty globalized, especially with the advent of subs and the ever-increasing for learning English as a second langauge.

Aye. It even aired with its main song being locally translated, hence why I remember it immediately.

>tfw Voltes V and MGR are in the new SRW
I am so happy.

>but anime and everything attached to it*
>ever-increasing propensity for learning*

Another thirdie making low iq assumptions it must be friday

italian here

>Gundam
>Goldrake (grendizer)
>Lupin 3rd
>Rose of versailles
>Captain tsubasa
>Hokuto no Ken
>Saint Seya
>Space Pirate Captain Harlock
>Heidi girl of the alps
>Urusei Yatsura
>Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
>Dragonball

By the way, is there really a rivalry between Voltes and Combattler in the Philippines

Not a single Go Nagai work? Fake.