Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Can someone help me understand why this painfully average series is so shilled by everyone? Maybe I've just seen too many shonen anime at this point but I felt nothing watching this. Much of the character development is just rushed or doesn't make any sense, the world feels generic and boring outside of alchemy, and barely any of the mysteries set up early in the series have satisfying payoff.
The only thing the show really has going for it is the gimmick of alchemy, which did make for some interesting moments but was super underutilized and felt fully explored after the first few episodes.
The show just felt soulless. How people can put this shit over HxH, one piece, or even AoT makes no sense to me. If this thing was released today and not in the 2000s it would just be another Boku no Hero or Black Clover.

Attached: fmab.jpg (500x281, 24.28K)

Why is this show shilled by everyone? Who would watch a series with a thousand episodes?

Attached: 1525431221706.png (550x400, 182.82K)

because it's the only popular battle shonen outside of hxh that gives ample space to tragedy, not just as a tool to motivate the hero or to make the villain despicable, but effevtively setting an overall bleak mood.
Shounenkids, being illiterate, cannot comprehend this new feeling and ascribe it to good writing when in rwality it's just their ignorance speaking for them

>eeeedwwaaaard too soon lmao

Kill yourself, normalfag.

Attached: 1251778430420.jpg (759x720, 67.69K)

Weak bait

You’re not actually wrong, OP. In order to enjoy brotherhood, ideally you’d have already seen the first series, which is why the first part seems quite rushed. Brotherhood is the fix for FMA and made with the general assumption the base of viewers who love FMA will have seen the first arc already.

1)it's what everyone wanted for the manga and the first series, it skips a lot f the buildup for the story and gets into the things all the fans wanted to see aimatd, which makes it a weaker watch if watched on its own
2)it looks mediocre now, because everyone steal from it, so you've probably seen already a whole bunch of stories that borrowed a ton from FMA
3)HxH is shit that only feels good if you have brainrot from reading too many shonens

>HxH is kino that you only like if you are genre savvy and can appreciate the subtle and clever ways it subverts genre tropes to make something entirely new
yes I am a HXHchad, how could you tell?

>yes I am a HXHchad, how could you tell?
I just looked for te guy who eats his own feces

It only gets praised by retards on MAL.

Attached: 1592997200819.jpg (2827x1899, 886.52K)

It's just an example of manga/anime that aired in the right historical moment

>Total package of shounen: have good parts in all fields while not being the best in anything. But this mean pretty much everyone regarding their tastes could find something interesting on it
>Aired in a moment the DBZ mania fed off, One Piece was still relatively "niche", and Naruto was the only other rising powerhouse shounen. the original FMA looked more mature and with less cultural barriers compared to ninjas shit
>Didnt overstayed it's welcome. The author had a clear vision of the story and ended it at the right moment
>Compared to previous shounen, had rather fleshed out and dept characters. Now it seems bland compared to modern shounens, but it's because following shounens copied it
>Author is actually a woman, so she know how to make cute women AND how they think. So her female characters are much better than the gloryfied titted waifu baits wrote by male authors
>The love interest for the MC actuall work and have a role in the web of subplots, while not taking space for useless female fight sequences
>Anime exploded as a phenomenon more or less while FMA was being published, and so everyone was tristy for any kind of anime. Being relatively easy as an entry level anime, it was often the first anime people started watching outside DBZ and the big three

I would also add another point: of all the animes i have followed, FMA is one of the few were the actuall protagonists always ranked in the first ranks of popularity pools.
This mean the villains played their role well, without stealing the spotlight, and the author didnt fall into fanboys demands of giving x character more screentime than the one her originall planned just to cather to them (unlike other authors like Kishimoto that ressed Kakashi under fanboys demand, leaving him with pretty much no relevant purpose for the rest of the saga)

Attached: fullmetal-alchemist.jpg (1280x720, 214.03K)

True. I honestly preferred the 2003 version.

I think OP was whining about FMA as a whole, not just the second anime

>soft-sei-AIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shut the FUCK up you FUCKING RAT. Only the weak rely on """morals""" and """character development""". If you EVER talk bad about my hero EVER again, I will FUCKING SLAY you where you stand, you insignificant ROACH.

Attached: 1615858544953.jpg (739x1024, 125.99K)

Stop

Attached: 2A4131FA-C164-41CB-BF1A-197C299FB760.png (1063x4747, 1.95M)

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A CHARACTER DOESN'T NEED CLEAR MORALS
Back to /trash/

It's even worse than that

Attached: autism.png (1366x768, 274.07K)

Based fucking GoKING, putting the trash in it's place.

what happens to make someone this autistic

Get help.
There are better ways to get human interaction than making the same shit thread on Any Forums for the 1000th time.

universal healthcare including psychotherapy when?

Normies, being extremely soulless creatures, lap up this series because it's just as soulless as they are

It is not absolute shit tier, but it's not that great either, below mediocre without ever managing to dip anywhere below it, but neither rising above it's mediocrity.

Now imagine yourself a normie, your understanding of anime is that it's the same stuff as morning cartoons but only made in japan. You've never really seen any anime and then watch FMA:boredomhood. It's blowing your mind, imagine you have only ever eaten food spiced up with salt, and now for the first time ever you got some food seasoned with the cheapest, most basic bbq steak seasoning imaginable. It's the best thing ever for you.

And then they refuse to watch any series out of their comfort zone and lap up dubbed normieshit-tier basic bitch anime and manually keep Brotherhood high up in their lists because they refuse to really get into anime and expose themselves to some way better stuff, keeping their overall taste in anime as beginner tier as possible, maybe having watched 3 series in total

And that is why everyone shills it to high heavens

Like literally right now? Unless you are a**rifatso.

Obvious 11 year old lmfao

>normies
>soulless
Who let this normalfag out of his twitter account

>protag has a freak out moment
>oh woww so deep and subversive it subverted my expectations wow!
kys marvel nig

nigga you stole my post
this kills the crab