This was bad. So bad that I had to question myself if the previous parts were even as good as I remember...

This was bad. So bad that I had to question myself if the previous parts were even as good as I remember. The pacing is terrible, the cast is a bunch of unlikeable thugs (except Bucciarati, he was alright), Giorno is a bland protagonist with a vague, unconvincing motivation. The main villain is even worse (and it's even worse for coming after the great villain from the previous part). The fights and stand interactions made absolutely no sense. In previous parts the characters had to use their powers and abilities in clever ways to get out of tough situations, but in part 5 Giorno just pulls some new ability out of his ass, or some really forced, stupid interaction happens and things just work. What they did to Polnareff was just insulting. Giorno's theme is great and all but I can't recall any other memorable music track. What the actual fuck was Part 5?

Attached: jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-golden-wind.jpg (1000x563, 165.52K)

Unsubscribe from blog.

>you can't talk about anime on Any Forums

>What the actual fuck was Part 5?
Araki didn't want to make a new JoJo but editors forced him to. Also he was depressed at the time. Shame cus the premise has potential.

Sounds very close to what happened with Kojima and MGS4. It was an interesting premise but nothing clicked. The only good fight was the train one, imho. Fugo and Trish were underutilized. Jotaro being in this part at all just makes things even more confusing. Why didn't Polnareff contact him about the arrow instead of a bunch of strange gangsters?

>Why didn't Polnareff contact him about the arrow instead of a bunch of strange gangsters?
He was just shoehorned in at the last second to try and keep your attention. The whole plot makes no sense.

Source?

The D'arby episode is a perfect example of a well written, clever battle of wits with a lot of intense and funny moments. It was basically a Fukumoto inspired episode with stand abilities. Shame episodes like that were nowhere to be seen in Part 5, which was basically:

>my golden experience fixes this

Attached: poker.jpg (1280x720, 75.41K)

>''I originally wanted to end JoJo with part 4 and figured I would start drawing a different type of manga, but the editorial department told me I wasn't allowed to take a break(laughs), so I forced myself to start a new part and make new characters. I did end up getting attached to them along the way though.'' Eureka(1997)

doppio was the saving grace of part 5

Bucci and mista were based. Fat gangster Black Sabbath was a great arc. The story goes full retard with SCR and the final act because king crimson is too OP and can only be finally defeated with asspulls. Maybe someday araki will finally plan out his end fights before just making them absurdly unbeatable time stands

I really enjoyed Va a lot.

Attached: E6koP-7VEAYPruI.jpg (1247x1247, 248.83K)

Mista was the most brazillian anime character I have ever seen, even though he was italian. Naranchia was cute in a pet tomboy little brother kind of way. No homo.

>king crimson is too OP and can only be finally defeated with asspulls. Maybe someday araki will finally plan out his end fights
Yup, 2nd strongest stand in JoJo because it can change fate/gravity.

Attached: D0gsgIfX0AAEvYK.jpg (780x1200, 335.34K)

>tomboy

I meant femboy.

Thank God. Completely agree.

Part 4 was also kind of a mess. A lot of plotlines that lead nowhere, a lot of underutilized characters...but at least it had style, it had SOUL.

>The main villain is even worse

Diavolo was intimidating kino villain right until his fucking face was revealed. The basement fight with Bucci encapsulates that perfectly.
Diavolo went down from 10/10 to 3/10 instantly when his tranny femboy face was revealed.

>Tranny

sucks to be you

Yeah, he was all buildup, no show. The double personality was a weak gimmick and for someone with such a powerful stand he was unbelievably incompetent. His dumb paranoia for keeping his identity hidden is exactly what gets him killed. A dude that can literally erase time was less intimidating than a serial killer with a much more limited stand that can turn the things it touches into bombs.

One of my personal complaints that I never see brought up is the artstyle in the manga, especially black and white
It's a really awkward first step into the style Araki used in 6 onwards and all the characters look derpy most of the time and the action is the hardest to decipher in the series