Why do you watch seasonal?

Why do you watch seasonal anime? The majority of it looks like garbage, and so much trash is posted here about how shit the generic seasonal animes are everyday, I get that we all like anime and want our fix, but isn’t there a giant supply of critically acclaimed or at least highly respected by others here anime you could be watching, where you’re guaranteed an actually developed story that isn’t schlock, guaranteed for its time excellent animation and so forth? I don’t believe all of you have exhausted all of the highly acclaimed anime out there, and it can’t be you’re just watching seasonal garbage to talk to other weebs about it, is it? If that’s the case why not just watch trash television if you don’t really care what you’re watching and just want to talk about something?

Explain yourselves.

Attached: CBA4597E-3FBA-457C-B5BC-BCEDFE8682C0.jpg (1000x523, 439.2K)

Narutofags used to be kicked out of Any Forums on sight. This board has changed.

Every anime is seasonal
Retarded sub human
Even OVAs

Yeah but there’s a difference between going to what’s finished and has been praised or at least by word of mouth you’ve learned is really good, and you know, diving into the brand new isekai with one episode out that you’re only watching because it’s anime and it’s airing right now.

Every anime is seasonal. If you aren't a retard you could probably tell which shows are going to be great and which aren't.

By your logic no one should be watching any show that's currently airing and so no show would ever make any money.

You could but that doesn’t really account for the people who watch everything that’s currently airing and I still don’t see why they wouldn’t just go for something they’re sure is going to be good.

Honestly that’s not our problem as the consumer, if I know a book is 40 years older but probably a ton better I’ll read that every time over a book that just came out. Anime is no different.

Also that’s not really fair, you can read a light novel or manga that’s already well loved or you’ve already liked and hear its being adapted and then know it will be good, and you can catch word of mouth which of the new animes are the great ones, so I don’t see why people would consume such a high ratio of garbage to quality.

I watch what I enjoy, not what other people tell me to enjoy. I'm sorry for your mental illness.

>Every anime is seasonal
Fuck off newfags.

Word of mouth is utterly worthless, because most people are retards with awful taste.

All anime is seasonal anime.

I watch as many new anime as possible because I don't want to miss a gem, and I enjoy most of them because I don't just like good anime, I like anime in general and appreciate the little qualities and the efforts put into otherwise mediocre works. Some of my favorites had a very poor reception and I would have never watched them if I waited for the hivemind to tell me it's good.

>I still don’t see why they wouldn’t just go for something they’re sure is going to be good.
It doesn't exist. I'm often disappointed when I try a 'classic', so I'd rather pick some random new anime and have a chance to be positively surprised.

Why are you letting others decide what to watch for you instead of making your own opinion? The 'I only watch the critically acclaimed classics' attitude is no different from letting an anime Youtuber decide what you'll watch this season.

>it can’t be you’re just watching seasonal garbage to talk to other weebs about it, is it?
It really is just that. Most people enjoy talking about their hobbies, and a seasonal anime, where 1 episode comes a week, means there's ample discussion to have about each episode. this is the reason that netflix batches get so little discussion, there's nothing to discuss after each week. However, it seems you think that most people go out of their way to watch shit just for this discussion, but for most people, I'm sure they just watch one or two shows they enjoy, and since people have different tastes, a wide range of discussion occurs. There are also some who enjoy trash specifically because its trash, they like to see a live train wreck, or at times it's a guilty pleasure for them. Also, there are others which just want to experience a story as it unfolds, which happens for anime originals, but also for unkown manga, like the recent ousama ranking, which most of the viewers remained AO while watching it.
Personally, I tend to find one show which I enjoy watching per season, but on the flip side, I am currently caught up with around 40 ongoing manga. Manga chapters especially are horrible to read on a weekly or monthly basis by yourself; they're designed to be read in a volume at once, so the main reason I do it is purely to discuss it. Since most manga I read are original works, each week is a new experience, takes very litte time to read, and at times spend much more time discussing it, or atleast lurking discussions of it. I at times keep up with some pretty shit manga, but most of those used to be great and then turned to shit, so there's still a chunk of passionate yet disappointed fans which keep reading it, and their antiques can be quite fun to witness.

>seasonal anime look like garbage

All anime is garbage.

Late night anime itself are OVAs. They just get to air on TV to advertise the BDs.
Lurk moar

>by word of mouth you’ve learned is really good
Imagine not being able to think for yourself.

>why do you watch seasonal?
because I like to form my own opinions and try new things sometimes.

Attached: desumi sit.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

because watching anime is fun

>I still don’t see why they wouldn’t just go for something they’re sure is going to be good.
And how would they know what is good or not? By listening to opinions from people on here? Lol, you are a dumbass, there is the three episodes rule for a reason, stop letting people decides what is a good show, you should be the one to decide that for yourself.

>why do you watch seasonal?
I don't know OP. Why do we read books? Why do we listen to music? Maybe because I like anime and I want to something what I think is good?
>but isn’t there a giant supply of critically acclaimed or at least highly respected by others here anime you could be watching,
Why should I give a shit about what about what random people think? Why do you care even? Honestly, why should my tastes have to be approved and curated by some internet forum that don't like the shit the place is founded on?

Attached: 1624854791306.jpg (602x339, 53.62K)

>there’s a difference between going to what’s finished and has been praised or at least by word of mouth you’ve learned is really good
Word of mouth is shit. You may not believe it, but this place has the worst taste in anime. Basically if the show has a cast of girls in, then it's a 10/10 bump limit reached. If I followed everything this board "watches", I'll be watching slop like pic related.

Attached: sdhdjjdd.png (191x342, 52.17K)