Was he a good main character?

Was he a good main character?

Attached: b5-RxGEMJZLW4cy.png (230x345, 124.93K)

literally who?

yah

>I WILL PROTECT…. MUH FRIENDS
>I HAVE 0 OTHER MOTIVATIONS OR INTERESTING CHARACTER QUIRKS
ichigo started off kind of interesting but morphed into bland chosen hero #30408 by the end of the Soul Society arc.
He looks cool and he sells manga. But is he a good character? Hell no

Boring mamorubot.

>after SS bad
Opinion discarded for being a retard

I don't even know how to describe his personality near the end

Attached: 1647671341561.jpg (728x1160, 169.48K)

What part did he become bland during the Soul Society Arc?

>I became a retard near the end
FTFY

The big change is that he finally let go of his guilt over his mother's death. So the lesson is to accept death and move on...I guess?

He is genuinely the worst huge shounen protag. Shallow does not even to describe his character, and he more or less doesn't grow as a character. He's just drug around by the plot/story of the characters around him. He has next to no ambition and no character.

is an example of what his character COULD have been. he wasn't a cocky badass almost at all after the early chapters.

I would love to see someone defend why he was a GOOD protag.

He wasn't trying to stand out as the main character. He preferred fitting in with the other dudes.
For example, there's no Naruto and Sasuke BS here. They aren't forcefully trying to be the opposite of each other.

Attached: aCD.png (1673x873, 1.74M)

>he wasn't a cocky badass
Hi underage-kun

i am 30 and have watched/read bleach since it started. you are probably 50 and senile if you think ichigo was as cool in the rest of the series as he is in the ambulance page.

fucking everyone knows that bleach is 100% carried by its side characters

they were pretty antagonist towards each other or at least frenemies even though it was clear that Ishida was his buttmonkey after the initial conflict

>be strong
>be rash
>protect friends
>fight
>not good with grills
He’s the shonen MC basic starting kit upon which one begins writing a protagonist’s characterization. Kubo forgot to flesh him because he soon turned his attention to his gorillion new characters introduced each arc apiece.

Ichigo is sincerely the worst MC of any shonen. He has zero personality and just kind of exists, seriously try to describe his character. There's a reason he basically disappears from the entire manga for 100 chapters. Other MC's can get away with being boring because atleast they have interesting powers but all Ichigo has getsuga tenshou. He never develops any new techniques or acts in a different fashion. The one interesting part is Hollow Ichigo which goes nowhere and is only interesting in like 2 scenes. Literally the worst

He fucked Orihime, so yes

If you can call him a character at all.

>wants to protect his friends
>gains new ethnic backgrounds to solve arc problems

that is genuinely all i can say about ichigo

>gains new ethnic backgrounds to solve arc problems
I love this

Ishida stayed in his lane and kept a low profile, as he should've from the very start.

Attached: file.png (600x600, 278.7K)

>only throws ad homs and doesn't actually prove why people are wrong
Hello retard-kun, I hope you are having fun.

Insecure teenager with mommy issues, has trouble accepting himself until the last arc, and naturally matures through the series' run.

he literally resolves the entire series

>Insecure teenager with mommy issues
this is so fucking minimal and just exists as a reason to make ichigo have reason to exist

>has trouble accepting himself
i don't even agree with this, he just didn't want to be a hollow. again it really isn't that deep or that prevalent in the story

>naturally matures
yeah, visually lmao

There was more to not wanting to be hollow, but also accepting both white and black (as an example).

>here son, have this plot arrow to shoot at the villain

>i am 30
Sure kiddo

No.

>Thanks dad, please continue doing nothing but pose in the background.

Speedreaders