I've been watching anime for 12 years now...

I've been watching anime for 12 years now. The more I watch the more pretty much everything just feels like it's made up of the same exact building blocks, with a little bit of variation. It's like eating nothing but a thousand omelettes, with the only differences being the variations in the amount of salt and the number of accidentally included egg shell fragments.
Every once in a while there's some genuinely fun show that doesn't feel derivative as hell, but those are very much in the minority.
It just sucks the fun out of it when you can usually always guess what's going to happen next and how a character is going to react to a given input. It's like an endless groundhog day.
I genuinely feel like you could easily train an AI to write these generic ass scripts with very good success.
It's not like any of it really feels real anyway, and I mean that in the sense that the writers are totally autistic shut ins who've never talked to another person and learned everything they know about human interaction from other similar works.
They might as well be lizard people or space aliens pretending to be human with nothing but textbook knowledge.

Attached: 1631827700637.png (673x375, 184.45K)

Congratulations you described all fiction and nonfiction

Watch more old anime

go read a fucking book, nerd

Stop watching shonen and romcoms.

>Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!.

Watch old anime. It's still very tropey, but the tropes were less calcified at that point, so it avoids the "written by autistic shut-ins" feeling.

>Every once in a while there's some genuinely fun show that doesn't feel derivative as hell, but those are very much in the minority.
I would have believed you. but you typed this
Which is false. All anime are trash, every single one of them. The same is true with all manga. If you liked one it means you are a retarded brainless zombie and you have no standards.

If I wanted to look at real people I'd just do that.

read manga instead its less of a timesink and makes you appear smarter

Attached: 1624212117635.png (1850x3700, 1.3M)

Attached: 1624212149803.png (1814x3800, 1.48M)

The problem with manga is that it's only really worth reading completed works, as the typically month long gap between chapters completely destroys the flow and makes you forget what happened in the last bit before the next part comes out.
I've recently been spending a lot more time on VNs. The type of narration they have that is a lot more based on the characters' internal thought process is a welcome change of pace.

He should have qualified that every once in a while there's a genuinely fun show that turns to utter shit after 2 or 3 episodes.

Are you OP?

How is that a problem, it's not as though there's a lack of completed works.

I share the sentiment that old anime feels a lot less generic and formulaic, though that may be at least partially attributable to the fact that I've been more selective in terms of what I've watched when it comes to the old stuff and only really watched the works that have a good reputation.

didn't read lol

Attached: CaEL2q8WwAA-gI5.png (1022x618, 506.09K)

Nah even that is wrong. Each one of them is shit from the start.

>watches garbage anime
>surprised when its garbage

Attached: 16520420491149.gif (540x303, 2.85M)

Monogarbagetari

Jesus why are you juvenile headcases even on this board? Get a grip.

Eh even old anime is very tropy and all of them are either shallow or boring.

You're not wrong. Every once in a while I pick up something that looks interesting and read through it pretty fast.
For some reason I'm just a lot more hesitant to pick up manga blindly. I should probably work on changing my ways.

I've just been burned many times in the last several years, wanted to express that frustration.

Why? Come on , everyone knows that this medium is shit. It's fun to make fun of mentally retarded japs..

>posts nisioisin shit
LOL

You are not burned you simply grew up and realized that there is nothing worthy for your time i this medium.

Be less of a pretentious cunt who sounds like they're in their mid 20's and find more challenging media, then maybe one day you can go back and enjoy some of the formulaic stuff that has other aspects going for it

This, but I started appreciating kodomo more

>kodomo
?