This anime's ost is still unsurpassed to this day

this anime's ost is still unsurpassed to this day
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvQ6Hs7tJE

Attached: 215_WolfsRain_TT_Cover.png (890x501, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xOucxaTlU
youtube.com/watch?v=dh0QU08WOW0
youtube.com/watch?v=7wVDghsz3IY
youtube.com/watch?v=LpVNNC52Q_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3Gak8EOOk
youtube.com/watch?v=CFthpfOyawY
youtube.com/watch?v=hQkn8dwSh6k
youtube.com/watch?v=fhnBWoaavkw
youtube.com/watch?v=cYDox4mHx8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=C2d3_qbhKBw
youtube.com/watch?v=zJwAL9KY9B8
youtube.com/watch?v=eOy3AuB5PtI
youtube.com/watch?v=c9cwF7lSuMo
youtube.com/watch?v=eWMhayzKdkU
youtube.com/watch?v=1CtQAKJzDFs
youtube.com/watch?v=rsOsoxIQjCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If by unsurpassed you mean gay and boring then yes

>Yoko kanno
That explains everything

It's unsurpassed because she plagiarized everything

this is the only anime OST I've ever bought. very good taste op. I've been wanting to rewatch Wolf's Rain lately after seeing trailers for that new Vampire anime that looks really similar

OST so good they left 3 fucking hours of it unreleased

>that brief pause at the 3:58 mark
orgasmic

it's genuinely upsetting how many great tracks were never released, fuck Bones
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xOucxaTlU
youtube.com/watch?v=dh0QU08WOW0

But it didn't surpass Yoko Kanno's magnum opus

youtube.com/watch?v=7wVDghsz3IY

Attached: 1636244149945.jpg (2454x1129, 798.43K)

that's because IT IS Yoko Kanno's magnum, the track you posted doesn't compare.
Yoko is at her best when she's not going for choir vomit

>the track you posted doesn't compare
Indeed, because Moon is on an entirely different level from anything else Kanno's composed.
It's the most visceral and hopeful anime track ever composed.

Attached: Turn A Gundam - Ep. 49 - Golden Autumn (720p).mkv (00.17.48.693).jpg (960x720, 326.58K)

>Yoko is at her best when she's not going for choir vomit
True, the tracks below are the only ones I like from her Gabriela Robin artist persona, she's definitely better when composing for other singers or just plain old instrumental songs.
Wolf's rain is great because it's the only work where she collaborated with Steve Conte, the guy has a great voice
youtube.com/watch?v=LpVNNC52Q_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3Gak8EOOk
youtube.com/watch?v=CFthpfOyawY

Wait it's not that one song? The others are also stolen?

Yes, a lot of the tracks from wolf's rain are just stolen from other artists, here are some examples:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQkn8dwSh6k
youtube.com/watch?v=fhnBWoaavkw

youtube.com/watch?v=cYDox4mHx8Y (at the 1:10 mark)
youtube.com/watch?v=C2d3_qbhKBw

The song OP posted is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=zJwAL9KY9B8
If wolf's rain was made today she would be blacklisted from the industry, that's probably why you don't see her working recently, the internet has caught up with her and now she can't get away with it anymore.
I'm so upset this shitty hack's music was such a big part of my childhood, fuck her

it's not just wolf's rain, her entire career is a sham
youtube.com/watch?v=eOy3AuB5PtI
youtube.com/watch?v=c9cwF7lSuMo

Well I can't really be mad because I found one of my favorite songs thanks to her, but yeah it's shitty. I wonder if it's possible to make a list of every copied song from the anime to redirect people to the original.

Name of the song I was referring to is finding beauty by Craig Armstrong btw

This is sad

Did all this happen just because we're idiots who never broadened our horizons beyond pop music.

I'm kinda guilty of that myself since I really don't have the energy to go beyond my same few pathetic amount of hobbies and interests
in entertainment media.

I really dislike artists who frequently sing the same few genres of songs, or just pop songs in general.
I guess composers are going into that list as well.

>Did all this happen just because we're idiots who never broadened our horizons beyond pop music.
I think it's mostly due to how secluded the medium used to be, it might not feel like it today but back in 2003 anime was just a niche hobby and Japanese composers were just obscure no-names in the west, no one really knew who they were so they did get away with a lot of "borrowing", they didn't pose a threat to the western music industry either so no lawsuits were needed.
It's really not about expanding your music taste, some of the artists Yoko copied from were fairly obscure at the time, you'd have no way of finding out unless you were some underground music critic, in which case you wouldn't have time to be watching anime

it's also worth noting that not everything was a click away back in the 90s, the speed at which you can look things up today cannot be compared to back then

It's good, but not even her best work.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWMhayzKdkU
youtube.com/watch?v=1CtQAKJzDFs
youtube.com/watch?v=rsOsoxIQjCo

The quality of a Kanno soundtrack is indirectly proportional to the quality of the series itself.

literally none of those songs sound alike, this is just slander.