Berserk

recently picked up berserk, started with the og series and just finished the first episode. is this just another "sold soul to devil and needs to complete an impossible task for redepmtion" story? after watching it, that seems to be the case
>black swordsman/knight/rider/etc
>branded by some higher entity's logo
>suffers because of it but granted strength
>is on a mission to wipe out other powerful foes
>is scarred

Attached: angry.png (663x762, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XuRK4kiBn6k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He didn't gain any strength from losing his hand and eye

No, it's a get an OP armor for free cause he's mc then nothing happens as it turns into a generic fantasy moeshit series.

Yes now drop it and fuck off

He's a human sacrifice. His best friend sacrificed him to the "devil" but he managed to get away and now he wants revenge.

You fucked up by watching the 1st episode which is basically a spoiler and a sequel to whats about to happen. The rest of the show takes place in the past and it never comes back to the "present". Keep watching, forget everything you watched in ep 1.

Also, fuck you zoomer

Attached: 1549482667928.png (480x480, 223.58K)

Samefagging because I forgot to add that He cares more about protecting his girlfriend than revenge so it's not really just a mindless murder fest all the way through.

ok, now it sounds a bit more interesting.

so then what was the point of the first episode? just a free space?

The movie trilogy was unironically better than the og series and I'm tired of pretending it's not

why the fuck did he do this?

Attached: what the fuck did he do that for.png (1057x1499, 1.43M)

Because thats how manga starts, but in manga you have a lot of events before flashbacks. The anime is basically a arc of flashbacks called the golden age. It's really stupid for the show to have a 1st episode like that when the show doesnt contiune past those flashbacks. But never mind that, just keep watching, the rest of the show is the main dish and its great.

is the 2016 reboot/make worth watching? the torrent i got has the og series, new series and the golden age trilogy

you're better off watching cutscenes from the 2004 PS2 game than watching the 2016 anime

Fuck no. Just watch the og series from 97's. Read the manga from the start anime skips a few things if you want more.

Attached: 1565835246740.jpg (364x368, 12.53K)

youre better of taking psilocybin and reading the manga, or just read the manga

read the manga you stupid retard

it's unironically great, so much soul put into that game
youtube.com/watch?v=XuRK4kiBn6k

He gained the strongest thing of all, anger

I'm waiting so long,

I'm waiting so long...

Attached: 1647110249686.jpg (455x456, 55.17K)

Read the manga. At the start the art style can be a little wonky but it's still far superior to the anime.

>That's... that's the disabled swordsman! Run for your lives!

I think it could be Guts expressing his trauma and decides to harm himself as a way to cope. Just like how Griffith expressed his own trauma after letting himself be buggered by an old man for three gold pieces. Or I could be wrong and it's just Guts being 'le edgy blacked swordsmong' because Miura had no clue what kind of person Guts would be like when he began writing.

Attached: otqdook4eS1rl41on_1280.png (989x597, 538.25K)