Has any anime completely dropped the ball harder in the final two episodes than this one...

Has any anime completely dropped the ball harder in the final two episodes than this one? I have failed to find one frankly. To find media that so totally cratered in the final act,I have to go to an entirely different medium (mass effect)

>weird post-modern art-haus disjointed ending through boring repetitious conversations
>no resolution to asuka's decline and fall, a character who has been getting built for over a dozen episodes up to that point
>literally unwatchable, so repetitious

It could have been legendary. It could have been one of the greatest anime of all time. It still is in a lot of ways. But man, those last two episodes are just absolutely ruinous.

And no, I'm not watching the 4600 different endings the creator eventually added. I don't have crippling, debilitating autism.

Attached: eva.jpg (448x252, 33.47K)

I mostly agree OP but you're missing out on EoE. It's the only ending you need, just disregard all the cash ins that were crapped out in the 25 years since

Kare Kano. Guess who directed it.

Pretty much this. As a mecha fan i understand where your coming from a little. ideon has worst off issues but the movies such as eoe creates a really great conclusion that makes it all worth it.

you'll understand when you're older.

> I don't have crippling, debilitating autism
you almost had me until this point

Just watch EoE then move on.

iirc Anno left Kare Kano way before it finished

That's why they made the movie, retard

This was an old-school direction fail where he had full control of the anime and no-one in the staff questioned it. Even 8 year old me watching it knew that something went horribly wrong.

That's what happens when you run out of money. Watch the real end of Evangelion. You'll know you're watching it when you read the title and it says "End of Evangelion."

It's definitely the biggest example. Gainax was literally out of money at that point and just couldn't afford to finish the series properly. Something to do with their terrible accountant at the time.
>And no, I'm not watching the 4600 different endings the creator eventually added. I don't have crippling, debilitating autism.
Just watch EoE. It's a solid ending to the series and that's exactly what it was intended to be; the first and best attempt to make up for the final 2 episodes of the series.

No, you don't have to watch Rebuild or any of the other bullshit. You watch the original series, and then End of Eva, and then you put it down because the story is done at that point.

gainax running out of money is a myth. They ran out of time.

Accidental art in its purest form. Ep 25-26 are the true ending and I don’t care if Anno says otherwise. EoE will always be the sellout ending.

>It's a solid ending to the series and that's exactly what it was intended to be;
>That's what happens when you run out of money
Please stop passing around old misinformation.

THIS. EOE happened because of complaints from unsatisfied fans. Anno planned the last episode the way he wanted.

wasn't the series incredibly popular at the time? How could they have no money?

Honestly dude, you might not believe it but….watch the final episode of Gunbuster(made by Anno before Eva)
It’s a stylistic thing for him. Gunbuster wasn’t as extreme, but the flashes of sketchiness and almost psychedelic detachment were just part of his style.
Also, 25 and 26 are fucking masterpieces. I personally prefer TV ending to EOE…but only with the context of EOE. They’re two necessary parts of the same whole

>Accidental art
This is bait and autism.

there is no way you're satisfied with an ending where the final battle takes place in the mind when the entire series was building up to a crescendo which set up a final eva battle or confrontation to prevent a final impact

You're just a retarded teenager or just retarded in general. The final two episodes contain the entire philosophy and message of Eva. High art isn't for you. Just stick to some generic mainstream anime if all you want is pew pew mecha battles and ecchi slapstick.