Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Premiered 25 years ago today.
Did it age well?

Attached: 25.jpg (630x393, 65.67K)

Eggs.

Attached: [Judas] Shoujo Kakumei Utena - S01E28 00_04_37.819.jpg (1440x1080, 231.46K)

たまだ

Attached: BAWL.png (550x1051, 580.13K)

Benedict

Attached: 133454565.jpg (602x453, 209.67K)

I can’t stand like half the cast
I recognize the show’s important culturally, I think it’s beautiful and captivating at times, but I just fucking hate almost everyone in the show.
And so while I’d recommend watching it, I can’t say I like it

In most ways, yes. Duel choreography could have been better though.

And then 23 years later Ikuhara finally managed to make his first decent anime

I love juri so much, her episodes are brilliant

>but I just fucking hate almost everyone in the show
same. I recognize that they're good characters, but they are not likeable people. Somehow, nanami is the most likeable person out of all of them, and she murdered a cat when she was 11

I first saw Utena in 4th grade and to this day it’s still the only show I can rewatch without getting bored.

>tfw she’s a lesbian

Bros…it hurts.

A lot of the duel animations aged okayish, not great. The filler episodes are a relic of the past that really bring the show down, I get that they're 'not filler episodes' and convey things about Nanami's character, but the episodes are still a slog to get through.

Have you heard? Have you heard?
They were the best girls.

Attached: 546775645.jpg (1600x1200, 359.44K)

So based

I love it and Revue Starlight

I don't have any problem with the way it "aged", whatever that means. I actually like the art and enjoy seeing the characters interact but I think really anything to do with the main plot isn't very good.

Attached: UtenaServant.png (741x1130, 999.11K)

revuefags always have to push their shit in to utena threads. why is that? it's not even ikuhara or enokido.

now that the dust has settled, were they wakaba?

It would have been a lot better if the Student Council actually duelled each other and Anthy actually got passed around.
No such thing.

Attached: Designs_JuriMikiNan_05.png (751x1264, 62.89K)

they unironically believe their moeshit trash is even close to the levels of kino that is utena

Benis :DDD

Attached: XDDD.png (960x720, 986.85K)