Luffy was never a Rubber Man

The Hito Hito No Mi : Model Nika is not what made Luffy into a Rubber Man.
It was Shanks telling Luffy that he is a Rubber Man and Luffy believing it himself.

Why did Shanks tell him that it is the Gommu Gommu Gommu No Mi?
Because it hid the fact that his fruit is a mythical one (a fruit that can do everything the user wants or believes in) from everyone including Luffy to keep him safe, until he is ready and strong enough to actually wield it's power properly.

That's why he wasn't on the radar of the marine.
That's why no one connected the dots and recognized the fruit and it's powers.
It never showed any property of what they where looking for until it was literaly too late.

It also helped that Luffy and everyone else believed the name of his fruit was a complete different one.

Attached: Rubber.jpg (724x498, 152.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mIOeEhVm2hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE'RE TINY
WE'RE TOONY

youtu.be/mIOeEhVm2hk

Attached: 2.png (194x181, 38.57K)

But user, Luffy stretched before he was told what the fruit was.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-01 165518.png (436x466, 260.14K)

No it gives him rubber properties as well

Before he learned about the fruit he was already stretching lol

Attached: 37f727bfc4b5c108e04accd4f334ee09.jpg (1139x694, 656.57K)

Damn. Well there goes my headcanon.

OP here, sorry user. I'm a complete fucking retard and I made this post thinking no one would notice I hadn't watched or read the story. Forgive me for being extremely fucking gay.

if being stretchy is the most easily accessed ability of NIKA(it would make sense, just like kids learn to touch stuff with their hands and not elbows or face, the sensory ability is best utilized there, it doesn't take thinking to know your body's inherent ability)
then shanks simply told him what he already discovered, to limit him from discovering the rest.

I kneel OP.

People need to read the Japanese for more clarity on intent.

The Hito hito no mi is not it's "Real" name, it's just another name for it, we don't know how fruits actually work but the current assumption among the moonman fans is that Nika was a lunarian "god" who's will/lineage factor was imbued onto the gomu gomu, hence why Luffy has Paramecia AND zoan attributes and the ability to do fire with Red Hawk.

Or his arm stretched because he WANTED to leave, but wasn't strong enough to get his hand out of Shanks fist.
Thus his fruit granted his will and stretched his arm, so he could leave.

>Because it hid the fact that his fruit is a mythical one (a fruit that can do everything the user wants or believes in)
The fact that it's the fruit of freedom doesn't mean it's literally the freedom-freedom fruit, OP... it's just that it both grants greater flexibility (haha get it) in fights and it was the power of the mythical warrior of liberation.
As for the flexibility, it should be obvious: he's functionally both zoan and paramecia, so he has less limitations than other devil fruit users.

How Luffy forms work? He has a hybrid?

If his immagination is his only limit and his base form is rubber (flexible in every way) it is indeed a freedom freedom fruit.
Maybe not in name, but in application.

We have seen so far that he can influence his surroundings and opponements alike. The sky is indeed the limit and i doubt even that is true.

so he's always been in hybrid mode in base form?

So in elbaf we gonna get a Hito Hito No Mi of some norse god or what? kinda sad that they explored this posibility almost in the end of the manga

I mean what's next? Can he turn water into rubber as well?
Normaly Devil Fruit user loose their abilities under watter, but Luffy was able to stretch even if completely submerged in sea water back in the Arlong Park Arc.
Admittedly not by himself, but shouldn't that be impossible either way?

>chapter 1
>reaction panels
>goofy gag

Attached: mmmmm.png (512x512, 24.49K)

Shh user.
That' never happened before New Piece...

>If his immagination is his only limit
Is it?
>muh slippery slope

You tell me

Attached: Apparently.jpg (514x260, 50.29K)

>supposedly
>Again. Is it?

Supposedly
I am not Oda, but i doubt that bit of information was thrown in randomly.
Given that it is the wise guys sying it, i would go with mayhaps yes.

Btw. I said IF his immagination is his only limit.
But keep spliting hairs.

Given that the wise guy is the one doubting it himself with the word "supposedly" and that it hasn't been seen in 800 years, I'd go with likely not.
Well, "if" his fruit is actually the Penis Penis fruit then we could be discussing that too, right? "If".

>Given that the wise guy is the one doubting it himself with the word "supposedly" and that it hasn't been seen in 800 years, I'd go with likely not
You mean like everyone said the golden city was just a myth and it turned out to be true?

>Well, "if" his fruit is actually the Penis Penis fruit then we could be discussing that too, right? "If"
I bet that sounded really funny in your head