Franchise Milking

Pokemon used to be badass. On the same level as DBZ. It was all uphill until the end of DP where the downhill began... gonna be honest with ya, Pokemon is very lame and gay ever since BW.
XY was like Naruto if it was for 5 year olds.
SM and Journeys is not even pokemon. Its gay shit for babies. Absolutely fucking horrible.
I miss when Pokemon used to be cool, in the 90s and 00s. Had hot chicks, cool monsters, Team Rocket were evil lovable bastards, Brock was the bro, and Ash was basically me. RIP

Attached: 1648564954710.gif (240x180, 182.17K)

Don't care.
Iris best girl.

Attached: Smug Iris.png (2894x4093, 1.4M)

Her season sucked big time.
By removing Brock they showed just how hard he carried the entire franchise prior. The green haired dude was a literal npc and house robot.
Iris's design was too outlandish and weird. I am not even talking about how she is black, I mean her hair. That hair ruined it for me.
Ash went through a soft reboot, a horrible fucking mistake, it marked the start where the writing team would just do whatever with him and rewrite him every season. Rendered his whole character growth for 600+ episodes fucking pointless, and made the character a meme. XY is even worse, but BW was pretty bad compared to the previous seasons.

> he hates XY
opinion discarded

Attached: 1648218232801.jpg (1024x722, 133.13K)

tl;dr don't care
Iris best girl.

Attached: SmugIris.png (1024x576, 325.47K)

XY was very bad. I could argue even worse than BW. Ash became some kind of bland harem MC, people like to say how stoic he was and serious, but he had no character, no drive, no personality. Just a fucking self insert. He had no bonds with his pokemon, except for that frog, and you know how that subplot ended up.
Enter Serena, literally blond Hinata. Self masturbating the entire series. Her existence makes no sense in universe. It could have worked if it was like at season 2 or 3 but we are 800 episodes into the franchise at this point, Its fanfiction. The brother and sister characters were just gender bender May and Max, with zero the complexity of those two... there is nothing to them.
Aside from sakuga, the series is a joke, it is like a bad meme compared to DP. The ending alone puts this one as one of the worst series.

Blackwashed Misty

Attached: 1648562321602.jpg (1707x2400, 1.14M)

>Superior Misty
Yeah.

Attached: 5561d87246f97aef2bab972c206bbd90.jpg (844x1200, 89.75K)

Dude Clemont is one of the better developed male companions, he even had a romance subplot like May. He at least felt realistic for the type of guy he was, now Bonnie aka Eureka - yeah, cliche and boring as heck

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 12.65K)

>be a toddler
>enjoy show for toddlers
>group up, they keep making the show
>"wtf, this shit isn't cool anymore?"
I thought Pokemon was "lame and gay" from the first day it aired, since I was a teenager.

The anime has always been aimed toward kids. Only thing that changed was the art style.
I'm a genwunner myself, but it's true. Accept it or btfo.

you never had a childhood

Attached: justgiselle.jpg (286x176, 8.9K)

Ok, just because I happen to grow on the first 3, I was 3 when OS aired, and DP was the last one I followed religiously before giving up on Pokemon anime, doesn't make your argument valid here.

s1 was more mature, it even had one of the LoGH guys in it involved. They had no idea what they were doing with it, and the first movie was exceptionally mature.

I don't care if its for children. I find that logic childish in itself. The Pokemon anime had great worldbulding and made the games and pokemons come to life. It had a great bland of fun comedy, adventure, and solid action. I mean it even has strategy in it from the get go. Digimon never had that shit, yet brainlets call it the superior mature series when in fact its more childish by design.

FPBP
/thread

*blend
srls tho Digimon and YuGiOh suck, they always have.

ENTER

Attached: 1648562759984.jpg (700x979, 88.32K)

Filtered

Citron was great, really felt like him and Ash were friends. I never really got that too much with Brock and Ash

Attached: [PM]Pocket_Monsters_XY&Z_012_Satoshi_and_Serena!_Getting_One_at_a_Dance_Party!![H264_720P][EC6942B2].mkv_snapshot_05.14_[2016.03.12_01.44.13].jpg (1280x720, 76.31K)

Brock and Ash were like brothers. What are you talking about?