Odd Taxi: Innawoods

Where is the extra episode? The great conclusion to the anime? It was supposed to be released today. Did it air in the cinemas only or what?

We NEED to know how Odokawa and his power of friendship defeated the evil villain mastermind (the Bubukka girl, forgot what her name was).

Attached: - me as odokawa -.jpg (1752x2048, 402.36K)

Sorry bud, but Odokawa's brains are splattered over a taxi windshield.

How? There's no way she could get a gun, even the Yakuza are only able to get 1 gun per gang, and with barely any Barrets.

It's a movie, dummy.

>he doesn't use Crunchyroll
Sucks to be you.

Anything that's on CR should be immediately ripped and on nyaa. If's not on nyaa, it's not on CR.

Any leaks yet?

Crunchyroll is shit in some countries.
Well, shittier.

Only has seen it so far.

Do they even have woods in Odd Tokyo?

>expecting leaks
>from japs
I'll never trust those bastards again after Eva 4.0. They won't even fucking leak JJK 0, holy SHIT Japan

Sent from my OnePlus - IN2017

Japanese fans are stubbornly respectful when the companies ask them to refrain from spoiling ANYTHING, no matter how minor. There was an exhibition for Zombieland Saga a few years back where you could pick which pair of girls to guide you through the exhibition. I asked one Japanese fan if he could message me what the conversation between two of them was like on one course and even told him I was overseas, but he said he couldn't because Cygames/Mappa didn't want people spoiling the exhibition.

Keep in mind this was held in 2019, and I asked the person who went to that event this year

>Sent from my OnePlus - IN2017
Why are you like this?

It's gonna take 2 years for it to come out in the West like Made in Abyss, isn't it?

Waiting

>streaming
>the current state of nu/a/

Where did it all go wrong fellow 4chaners?

Well, I saw it today. (I can't believe that no other J/a/panon hasn't already watched it...) The Friday early afternoon screening was COMPLETELY sold out, which warmed my heart.

It's well worth watching, even if it cuts 90% of the silly conversations that define the show. Instead the film plays as a series of interviews conducted on Christmas Eve (just before the climax of the series) with all the main characters. The identity of the interviewers is ambiguous, but they're implied to be a detective agency led by, of all people, that elementary school classmate of Tanaka who always had the coolest erasers.

(My favorite moment in these interviews is definitely when they ask Shirakawa how on Earth she knew to be at an abandoned construction site to save Odokawa's ass from Yamamoto. She just replies, "As if you don't know!")

This structure may break the "slice-of-life" aspect of the show, but it really does bring out just how tightly plotted everything is.

Anyway, as for the spoilers you want, Odokawa makes it. Probably. Sakura gets into his taxi and is quite surprised that he doesn't recognize her; finally she responds to his repeated requests to give him a destination by looking out the window, seeing that there's no one anywhere near them, and saying, "Here is fine." She claims she just wants to talk, and the two of them chat about how lucky they both are before she tries to slit Odokawa's throat with a kitchen knife. Next is an exterior shot as the two occupants of the car apparently struggle.

Then we get a jump cut to Odokawa picking up Shirakawa for a drive and a date at the zoo, which is the goddamned cutest goddamned thing I have ever seen. The two of them still have that adorable chemistry even in human form. Shirakawa asks why Odokawa saw her as an alpaca, to which he mutters, "'Cuz I like 'em," resulting in some seriously fun teasing from Shirakawa.

That date is the last scene in the film...

Attached: Odd.jpg (3264x1836, 1.97M)

What were the seasons for the scenes? Potentially important with how time is often portrayed

The cat girl is stronger than the top 1% of strongest men in history. She can choke someone to death with one hand while pushing their head into the table with the other hand. Insane upper body strength. Literally stronger than Yamamoto despite him having actual muscle. Powerful & brave, like Captain Marvel!

Sent from my Xiaomi - Mi A2 Lite

>Anyway, as for the spoilers you want, Odokawa makes it.
Not like anyone excepted anything other than a Disney ending.

...but the end credits sequence comes with still images that show all of the (non-incarcerated) characters enjoying each other's company. In one of these images, a TV behind Odokawa shows Sakura apparently having been arrested, strongly implying that he managed to block her knife and overpower her. This suggests that the date sequence happened after the attempted murder, and was included in chronological order.

(I'm also inclined to believe that Odokawa survived based on the fact that there was no blood spatter on the windows during the struggle; if Sakura had successfully slit his throat there would have been a LOT of red.)

There's one more piece of delightfully teasing fun after the credits when we get a few LIVE-ACTION shots of someone typing up an investigation file on Odokawa, suggesting that perhaps we, the audience, were literally the mysterious interviewers all along, or perhaps that we have been suffering from a condition like Odokawa's in which we perceive everyone as anime characters. I don't think it has any deep meaning, but it's very fun.[/spoilers]

At any rate I'm glad I got to see it and to buy my Odokawa and Shirakawa buttons. (The theatrical bonus is a little sheet with investigative notes on a random character, covered with three little "sticky magnets" I can put anywhere.) I'm going to bed literally right now, but I don't plan to give any more details—just wait until you can see the film yourselves!

Now I don't feel so bad that we won't get to see it on Nyaa for the next 8 months.