Never seen hunter x hunter at all and know practically nothing about it...

never seen hunter x hunter at all and know practically nothing about it. it just kinda looked like another shitty shonen to me until I read that the dude who made Yu Yu Hakusho created it too. so going in blind, should I watch the '99 version+its OVAs or the 2011 series?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 197.11K)

2011 series

forgot to ask one question I had- Is the 2011 series in anyway like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, where they kind of skim over a lot of the story that was already covered in the first anime series?

1999 is better imo

I've been a fan for over 15 years. I lost count of how many times I've read the manga, and I watched each of the anime versions at least twice.
I can confidently say you should go with the manga instead of any of the anime adaptations.
The manga is the true masterpiece. The two anime are only so highly rated because of how good the source material is.

Attached: 1644118603103.png (1056x2192, 474.6K)

They don't skim over a lot like FMA:B, but the things they do cut are massively important and they create a bunch of problems by leaving them out.

You should watch the 2011 series but first read the 1st chapter of the manga. For some reason the 2011 anime skips an event that will later become important

imagine being this assy about every detail, if you're going to be this pedantic then no perfect adaptation exists

You didn't read the manga.
You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Dawg, first of all I'm not reading a thing in that long ass image, I have zero context for bitching about any specifics of the story. Secondly I don't wanna read the manga, that's why I asked which version of the anime should I watch. It's a binary ass question

>black hands typed this post
Please don't bother with the Hunter x Hunter.
It's unironically not for you.

Attached: 1636520729472.png (1280x720, 981.4K)

actually, thank you for this post. I want to now stay the fuck away from this series for the rest of my life. I'm going to go watch Digimon instead.

Thanks everyone else for your opinions. Fuck this faggot though

Just watch both

Have you read a single manga in your life?

I don't want to talk to you anymore, put your dad on

oh no, please don't do that, we really needed more blacks around here

I am the whitest of whites, I just dont speak or type like a fag. Love seeing weebs project and get mad insecure about black people though

No, I'm just curious if you read a single manga in your life, because manga is usually better than anime.

>fan of yyh
>dislikes shitty generic shonen
Watch 99.

>my hecking differencinos!
the only thing 2011 omits is first kite interaction which is fair enough, everything else is adapted faithfully

You fell for a meme and you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
The NGL section alone has 3 episodes worth of filler.
How does Emperor Time work exactly? Let me tell you it's not just simply "I can use any category I want!" like it's portrayed in the anime.
And if the 2011 anime only emits Kite, then who is pic related?

Attached: 1645469258218.png (753x479, 391.53K)