You will never be this manly

legend of the galactic heroes

Attached: 1633871190411.jpg (1920x1080, 345.04K)

This looks terrible

Looks like a boy band

you must be threatened by their handsomeness

Attached: 1638015834629.jpg (1920x1080, 215.19K)

if you lump a bunch of attractive men together they will inevitably look like a boy band

Boy bands wear military uniforms now?

Attached: 1611289681863.gif (700x500, 14.58K)

Its actually pretty good as long as you don't compare it to its older ova brother. I could understand why some older fans wouldn't like this adaptation.

Attached: 1619114135274.jpg (1920x1080, 347.27K)

Everyone in the picture that is standing or sitting with their legs crossed is canonically gay.😕

s2's Tranquility is just unbeatable

Die neue these is genuinely great, people hating on this remake are just blinded by nostalgia

he is so handsome bros

Attached: 1648115941911.jpg (1920x1080, 339.02K)

Being manly isn't that good on the individual level. Manliness just ebbs and flows based on the harshness of conditions. Matters for raising children, innovation, state of the governance, political discourse... Never mind, now that I think about it society degenerates as men feminize. Goodbye masculinity, hello intellectual submission and droves of brown people!

>people hating on this remake are just blinded by nostalgia
I prefer the OVA, but I agree with you. Designs aside, DNT isn't awful by any stretch.

whats up with the pussy music OP

I liked the first two seasons. How does the new one compare so far? I really hate this "movie" format they're going with to be honest, so I'm planning to wait until all of it gets released.

DNT's much better production values and directing makes it eons better than the OVA series, the only somewhat legit argument I see against it is that the OVA's character designs are better. Yes, they are, but DNT's character designs are perfectly serviceable anyway, so I don't see how that can make it a bad series.

MCR did

>How does the new one compare so far?
so far nothing but side stories but pretty good

Attached: 1619046557888.jpg (1920x1080, 229.62K)

I think so far after IMO having improved in S2 over S1, it's gone a bit downhill with a quite a bit of new original content and fluffed up material that doesn't quite work.

it wasn't technically original content, the Klopstock storyline was merged with the Mittermayer one since it wasn't brought up at the first season, I assume they didn't think they'd be making this many episodes, I somewhat like the pacing and how it was incorporated.

the only thing DNT lacks is the classical music, everything else is top notch, even the character designs grew on me, I especially like Oberstein's.
If I have one thing I find weird it would be Reunethal's character, there is a lack of monologues of him second guessing his loyalty throughout the story as was the case with the OVA, in DNT you don't quite feel that egocentric build up throughout his scenes, maybe they don't plan on adapting his rebellion arc

Aren't the DNT character designs more faithful to how they were described in the novels or something like that?

I don't think it worked well with where they cut off the last episode, but that's a very small concern especially in the long run. I think some aspects of this flashback were and others were harder to understand the urgency in the original version in regards to Mittermeyer and it being a less public thing made more sense in regards to the whole running in the rain at night thing.

More than this part which just added a few bits like Mittermeyer in prison the stuff with Julian's training is original.

It's all fine, but I don't think it actually makes it better and it just kind of slows the pacing.

Not really. I've been reading the novels and while only a few characters have been described in more detail such as Rubinsky or Mittermeyer. I guess Muller counts since he has a more realistic hair color instead of being grey at a young age based on his limited novel description.

Largely speaking both adaptions meet most of the criteria of the character descriptions. I certainly do prefer the OVAs' though. Besides that though the thing I've noticed about DNT is that it looks to heavily riff on the original's designs while adding some feature like sideburns or mutton chops or slightly changing the hair style while keeping the colors even when the colors were chosen for the OVA version specifically.