Fate thread

Why the hell would you ever summon a caster?
Easily the weakest class
They only have cons, and almost no pros
Cons:
>weak stats
>can't fight for shit up close
>can't run away due to low agility
>Can't defend against noble phantasms
>Magic attacks are unreliable and ineffective due to magic resistance. B rank resistance can decrease effectiveness of attacks, whereas A rank resistance completely nullifies them. There is no countermeasure to this, either. If they have to fight against a high MR servant they are fucked
>curses can be nullified by anyone who has enough mana
>environmental attacks like the air pressure attack medea used can be nullified by surging mana
>Magic attacks can be easily dodged
>Other servants have better and more reliable ranged attacks, ie they have better magic attacks than the casters
>archers are better long range fighters
>many may lack any sort of combat experience
>may lack offensive noble phantasms

Pros:
>potential verastility but this is never really shown to be the case, or is ineffective

Casters have had a pretty bad showing overall.

Attached: FateStayNight.jpg (349x285, 22.89K)

Because they're the cutest

Attached: 1621346795273.png (1000x1000, 481.02K)

it's not like the summoner has a choice in the class they get

They can use a catylyst which improves their odds of getting specific servants i think

Caster can be done properly, as long as you don't fart your brain.

Attached: cuhusomethingsomething.gif (500x288, 1.97M)

As seen in FSN 2006, their Territory Creation allows them to create entire underground cities for you to live in

Dude I just want to fuck a big tiddy girl. I don't give a shit what class she is.

He was only strong because he was a servant from another class summoned as a caster. Because of that, he had battle experience, which got rid of one of the caster class' biggesest weaknesses
Pure casters don't typically have this advantage

It's intentionally rigged so that the three knight classes (three families) would win.

i know, which makes it even weirder that someone would summon a servant like medea intentionally

Probably "I bet a super powerful magus could fuck with the rules of a game designed by far less powerful people" and they'd be right.

I don't see any cons in summoning this

Attached: __tamamo_and_tamamo_no_mae_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_wisespeak__3165ea34e846c77e9e60ef874b053695.jpg (1667x1520, 624.9K)

Medea was able to hack and edit the grail to bestow her with CS even with a shitty master and lack of mana at the time. Also, given enough time she can fully capture the grail from the outside.
Gilles was not even a true caster and he can unite other servants to focus fire on him. He's also someone with a shitty master and limited sacrifices. Imagine what he can do with better resources.
There's also in the event you win or survive the grail with your caster somehow, they are also the easiest to maintain without support from the grail.
I would rather pick Caster from all other classes.

and how exactly would they do that?
>CS
what is this?
>Also, given enough time she can fully capture the grail from the outside.
Except that in a grail war, people will be coming after you. If they suspect that you are trying to do this they may even prioritise you.
And i don't see how she can capture the grail. Wouldn't the other servants / masters come after her?
>Gilles was not even a true caster and he can unite other servants to focus fire on him.
Probably because he was using physical familiars rather than spells. Ultimately he did not actually pose a threat
The fact that he is not a true caster probably helped him, because he had combat experience.
>I would rather pick Caster from all other classes.
Then you're retarded since sabers are much better

this

Attached: file.png (350x300, 169.61K)

DefinitelyNotOdin and Solomon have won Grail Wars.
Assassin is the loser class.

Attached: Odin misses Gungnir.png (1270x705, 761.94K)

Which wars?

His words, not mine

Attached: Screenshot (813).png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Solomon won "The Holy Grail War" in FGO timeline.
Odin won the same war's singularity alongside (you) and Mash

Attached: Huginn and Muninn.png (512x724, 866.05K)

Command spells user.
>If they suspect that you are trying to do this they may even prioritise you.
The best thing about caster, most caster anyway, that they can hide themselves but can also hide you.
>And i don't see how she can capture the grail. Wouldn't the other servants / masters come after her?
Just like how she can hack the grail to get slot as a master, she can eventually hack to modify the grail fully. Anime won't show them, but plenty of bad ends because of Medea gave a glimpse of how powerful she can be with proper prep, including turning Shirou into a staff that can cast UBW.
>The fact that he is not a true caster probably helped him, because he had combat experience
Not only he was mad, he didn't even go melee with any of them. But while the book NP did most of the work, him being crazy was what saved him from being controlled by the book. He has a huge threat potential. In any case, summoning physical bruisers was not a new thing. Medea also summon countless skeleton soldiers to hold back Saber.
>Then you're retarded since sabers are much better
No, you newfag just don't get how this war work. In an if scenario where you and me participated, we would both be the worse master than Kuzuki, and he's someone that gave penalty to his servant worse than Shirou to Saber. All other classes will have the servant's parameters and ability greatly downgraded with a shitty master. Caster? Not so much because they don't play with those.

So maybe they can win via subterfuge or "hacking" the grail. But canonically this is not very likely, as it is repeatedly stated that saber is the strongest class, and its the saber class that wins most of the time.
In a straight up fight, casters are for sure the weakest

Pro is they set up a workshop, and you don't have to worry about supplying mana anymore, and they can theoretically spam NPs.

Casters are probably one of the few classes where the Master's combat experience is important, as you mention they might not be too good with it.

A number of the Casters shown can create small armies, if they send a servant to raid your base, that servant isn't protecting their master.

The whole Grail War is a con.
The three founding families just want to sacrifice people and their servants to get their wish. The three knight class servants have magic resistance so Caster is fucked. Assassin sucks at physical combat, and the only times Hassan Assassins dominated the meta was off screen in minor grail wars in Apocrypha's backstory. Berserk drains too much magical energy, and the servant is insane. Rider is decent, but the three knight classes are the best.

>Not very likely
Medea has one of the higher dead end rates of any servant in FSN

fpbp

Attached: Caster cute.jpg (2047x1577, 593.47K)

>But canonically this is not very likely, as it is repeatedly stated that saber is the strongest class, and its the saber class that wins most of the time.
The only people believing that spiel is misinformed Rin and anime only. Even limited to Fuyuki grail war, until the fifth war Saber class only ever got to the last round and that's it. They never won. In the fourth war it was clear Gil would come up as the winner if they were to continue fighting. In the third war they even managed to summon a pair of saber and still lost.
And why care about straight up fight? It's free for all, not formal duel. Three out of seven classes are even about roundabout tricks. One could argue rider class is also not made for straight up fight, so that's four out of seven.

>And why care about straight up fight?
Muh mage honor and etiquette like Kayneth.