Did Togashi regress in terms of his character writing...

Did Togashi regress in terms of his character writing? Why are Yu Yu Hakusho characters far more likeable and enjoyable than HxH characters?
Hiei didn't need constantly wanking like Killua to have a solid fanbase.

Attached: uO5t3hR.png (580x547, 573.22K)

I like the YYH cast more than Gon and Killua but I like Kurapika and Leorio more than the YYH cast. HxH also has way better side characters than YYH.

That depends, do you consider Koenma and Botan as side characters?

YYH hakusho characters are so bland that by the end the only one i liked was kuwabara and he was excluded from the last anime arc

the yyh cast are more...what's the word, archetypal? less subtle. less nuanced. more fake. moreover if you're an anime only casual retard the english dub does heavy lifting for their personalities.

either way that's why you like yyh's characters more - you're a child or worse you're a man with childish taste. my guess is that you enjoy battle shounen like one piece, naruto, bnha, kny, snk, etc. instead of viewing them as the childish trash that they are. yyh's characters are still better than the vast majority of shonen characters because togashi is a genius, but he clearly improved as a writer by the time he started hxh.

Attached: 1648253927339.jpg (2527x2118, 397.99K)

because you are a boomer and bias towards yyh

Regressed? Did you read YYH post the tournament arc.

Hiei a cute.

Attached: Yu Yu Hakusho - 094 - Epilogue! Towards Tomorrow!.mkv_snapshot_05.44_[2021.06.16_19.33.05].png (1280x960, 2.11M)

Give me a single example of a YYH character more likeable and enjoyable than Morel in HxH.

Attached: 0000000 morel.jpg (225x350, 23.3K)

Attached: hxh_x_reality-min.png (1200x5808, 1.22M)

OP is right, they are more entertaining, but your reading comprehension is shit and your brain immediately jumped to muh nuance as if that has anything to do with it. Your inferiority complex is showing. We're talking about manga aimed at teens here, but you seem to believe you're an intellectual for reading HxH. Get s fucking clue.

I think YYH Characters are better then HxH's but I like HxH's story more since it was somewhat planned out from the start.

I never even knew that he did both series. Yu Yu Hakusho and HxH just feel so different that I've never bothered to check.
To answer your question it's because the setting allows him to write more 'human' characters for YYH compared to HxH, where everything is wild fantasy instead of having the human world and all that spirit world fuckery.

the point is that nuanced characters are more entertaining if you're an adult.
>We're talking about manga aimed at teens here
yyh sure. hxh? maybe in the beginning. that changed as the series progressed.

>my guess is that you enjoy battle shounen like one piece, naruto, bnha, kny, snk, etc. instead of viewing them as the childish trash that they are
You sound like a bitter teenager. It's okay to like fun stuff, user, nobody really cares about you or what you like.

You're so mature, user.

>hxh? maybe in the beginning. that changed as the series progressed.
Pure cope HxH has always and will always be a Shonen manga. Ironically thinking that something marketed towards kids can't be deep or nuanced and therefore it must secretly be targeting adults is a very childish dualistic way of thinking.

we're not talking about what a series is marketed toward. we're talking about what age group a story is aimed for. hxh was increasingly made for adults. thinking that something made for adults can't be occasionally goofy and lighthearted is a childish way of thinking.

the characters are less nuanced but much more fun, a character being simple dosnt make them inherently worse, only pseuds think that. yusuke is a compelling and charismatic lead in a way that was only possible before dragon ball established the 'Shonen main character" archetype. not to mention the characters of yyh prob would have been given the same treatment as the hxh cast later on but togashis editor stopped it, togashis frustration with this is part of why he ended yyh.

Attached: yuyu-hakusho-vol-10-9781421506951_hr.jpg (1531x2325, 590.14K)

>hxh was increasingly made for adults
Based on what?
>thinking that something made for adults can't be occasionally goofy and lighthearted is a childish way of thinking.
Projection

Attached: JirenTheGray.jpg (735x987, 64.79K)