Planetes Thread

Tanabe is a cute!

Attached: __tanabe_ai_planetes_drawn_by_yazwo__646692f1431bb71efc1bd7f4e6c4899e.jpg (1200x1200, 640.58K)

Which episodes are we watching this time?

her butt is tiny

16-18 this week

Attached: Watch.jpg (1021x1190, 98.42K)

Recently finished this and I'm dying to talk about it so I'm going to spoiler tag it.
It was so fucking amazing, easily one of my all time favorites. Every character was both so wonderful and so wonderfully written. I normally hate characters who moralfag but I fell in love with Ai almost immediately. (Yes I am aware of the name pun). The atmosphere has to be my favorite part of the show. I am a sucker for scifi that is set only slightly in the future. The way that Debris Section are still just cogs in a big machine, but with the ability to watch the Earth is so beautiful and also what I wish I could do for a living. Speaking of Debris Section, they were all so great. Faye and her smoking habits in particular was one of my favorite jokes throughout the series. My favorite character has to be Hachimaki, which I know is quite basic, but I really related to him. In a weird way, Hachimaki is who I would want to be, not some big famous person, but just a little guy who gets to enjoy the wonders of space. Far and away my favorite arc had to be the Jupiter Mission Training. Not only was Locksmith a hilarious character, but Hachi's character change was extremely gripping. At the start we see that Hachi is just "going through the motions" and so it's "nice" to see him have a breakdown when he actually realizes it. At the start of the arc I was totally on Hachi's side when it came to him fucking off to Jupiter, but as it went on (especially after the terrorist attack) it genuinely shook me and my preconceptions. Fuck, I don't have nearly enough characters to talk about the series as much as I want, its so fucking great. Ai was pregnant at the end right? She looked pregnant and Hachi's mother was hanging up baby clothes
Also, Claire and Hakiim got off too good. Both deserved to suffer more. When I saw Ai in the wheelchair I nearly had a fit at the idea that Claire's idiocy cost Ai her legs. And Lucie was just a huge bitch.

The pregnancy in the final episode made me squeal like a middle school girl and I don't care who knows.

user, this is the watch along thread. Don't spoil things.

Tanabe is a nnoying

Tanabe is literal marriage material.

Attached: ごめんごめん.jpg (540x540, 51.94K)

He didn't know that though user, anyone watching should be careful in the thread.

Starting!

I competely agree user! The Debis secotion feels so comfy with all their antics. And the second half of teh show hits extra hard because if it I think. I'dbe lying if the ending didn't make me tear up a little

>I'dbe lying if the ending didn't make me tear up a little
Me too. It's not often that I get so moved by a story, but episodes 23-25 made me tear up. It's funny because before the terrorist attack, I was totally in favor of Hachi going "fuck this gay Earth, I'm off", but seeing Ai consider killing Claire was so heartbreaking. Ai was so wonderfully happy, and her interactions with Hachi were a lot of fun, so seeing her break like that made me so anxious/angry that I actually felt nauseous. Not to mention the primal fear of being abandoned in space.

up

Its been ten years. Time for a rewatch, lads.

Attached: 1640579057810.png (256x256, 57.5K)

Hot

Thanks OP. See you next week.

Someone talk to me about Planetes

Wait, there's a Planetes rewatch? If you weren't so far ahead I might've considered joining. It's one of those series I watched as a teen and absolutely loved, but haven't really had the guts to rewatch as I was afraid some magic would have been lost.

Attached: 251101.jpg (1294x1809, 1.72M)

Rewatch it. I finished watching it yesterday and it was absolutely incredible.