You know a show is truly a pleb filter when people who don't get it get super angry about not getting it to the point...

You know a show is truly a pleb filter when people who don't get it get super angry about not getting it to the point they can't give a rational take about it and have to exaggerate and call it the worst thing in the world.

If I had a dime for every time someone called Logh phlisophy 101 or flapping mouths:the animation, I would be quite rich.

Attached: jB5zR0AF_400x400.png (400x400, 303.67K)

Attached: file.png (600x600, 417.71K)

Most of the "anger" here comes from the fact that it's highly ranked in a lot of people's lists, and it's pretty popular. Any Forums hates popular "overrated" things so the small valid criticisms becomes larger and over-exaggerated to the point of LoGH being a "shit anime." The echo chamber makes it worse.

If LoGH was unpopular, it would be a "hidden gem" in Any Forums

Attached: 1613348404853.gif (512x288, 2.51M)

>flapping mouths:the animation
This is completely correct thoughever.

Direction work is boring. It would be better if it was directed by someone like Dezaki for example. Except... he wouldn't be interested LOL.
>Dezaki: A lot of novels today, like Tanaka’s, are really text descriptions of visual scenes, aren’t they? I don’t consider those real novels. There are worlds only describable with words, aren’t there? I’d like to visualize that.

How is calling out the show's mediocrity "super angry"?
There can hardly be anyone that actually watched the show and "didn't get it" given that the narrator spells everything out for you. Repeatedly.

It's not any more true of logh than it is of 90% of anime especially from the era.

stop posting this thread over and over again

Not getting it means not getting the appeal. And since you'd say something like "the narrator spells everything out for you" you obviously don't seem to get it.

So you're super angry about people not liking what you like.

This but with penguindrum

>There are worlds only describable with words, aren’t there? I’d like to visualize that.
Is this a bad translation, or did he seriously say "I would like to visualize a world that can't be shown in visuals"?

this but with Naruto

>the narrator spells everything out for you. Repeatedly.
Because the writer was a big fan of history. He wrote the narration like it was a 20/20 hindsight history documentary narrator

This thread would be better if Kircheis were still alive

Forgot to mention that the narrator also sometimes lightly "spoils" the story like he's just recounting history that already happened

Some people just prefer shows where the characters have depth, user. It’s just a matter of personal taste

yeah, but were talking about anime here

>Kircheisposting is still alive 35+ years later
Love to see it. Tanaka made a masterpiece.

You can read it as him wanting to take something that can't be visually described, as in there's no visual translation, and nonetheless make a film. In the process, the substance may change, but likely Dezaki would not care about reproducing it exactly anyway, since such an adaptation would have no value of its own. Basically Dezaki has an actual artist's mindset.

The character "depth" comes from the ensemble cast in whole, and in the nations. Unlike in many other anime, the nations in LoGH (Alliance and Empire) felt like real breathing and functioning administrations (with many departments and ministers), and they were uniquely different from each other in how they run.

The individual didn't really matter too much in this anime. Is this my cope? Yes it is. In a perfect world the anime would have both very deep individual characters AND larger nation world building, but this is not a perfect world. This anime was always written from a top-down view as if we were watching history, not a story/drama of individuals.

Attached: world.jpg (1950x936, 501.07K)

>not a story/drama of individuals.
kek

Attached: 1648757623922.jpg (400x400, 59.72K)