Remember when romcom male main characters where just as entertaining as the female main characters what happened?

remember when romcom male main characters where just as entertaining as the female main characters what happened?

Attached: __sawachika_eri_and_harima_kenji_school_rumble_drawn_by_nikyu__7ede08d9375e07ae544b27d6ae34a60f.jpg (627x885, 159.91K)

coomers and incels happened, and had to have boring braindead self-inserts to be happy

"relatability" is the new thing, and also the worst

edgy literally me protagonist are way more interesting than kenji

Attached: wp3666331.jpg (1556x2048, 254.43K)

>more interesting than kenji
he was more fun than tenma

Main character doesn't need a personality with the current romcom trend of there being zero conflict.

I dropped School Rumble because of how boring the male MC was.

It's still that way with shows that are more comedy than romance like school rumble was, for instance kaguya. I don't watch the shitty otakubait ones that come out every season though so I can't speak for them
You must be 18 to post

Tenma was shit
Harima, Eri and Yakumo was great

Why are you so fixated on ugliness? Being a ""chad"" or a ""sigma""? Eren cries, get over it.

remember when romcoms were actually funny? i swear they should just drop the com part at this point.

for some reason I don't remember him being the main character initially but for some reason he was promoted into one in some chapters or something like that

>*oomers
hang yourself

might aswell drop the rom part
a kiss after 100+ chapters isnt romance
just call is sol and it fits with the rest of the trash

PERSONALITY RETARD

THE BEST PART OF HARIMA IS BEING THE BEST

your MCs are booring and souless with the only goal to make you self insert

Kaguya's show was funny when it was not centering on Ishigami.

oh yea. that is an exception that does exist even though it's several years old now.

Good shows have strong characters but also attract many weak-ass viewers. These weak-ass viewers then begin to feel under-represented and that's how weak-ass male main characters voiced by females and ladyboys start to pup up, thus creating a decade of weak and boring shows and then money stops coming, so they have to bring the strong characters again and the shows become good again and the cycle begins again.

It still depresses me to think about how frustrating the end of School Rumble is.

Attached: A TOAST.png (1266x720, 955.15K)

you guys aren't wrong at all. Its all become so flat

Attached: bien.jpg (597x948, 99K)

No.

These