Anime Preservation

Torrents are dying. Less and less people are actually using them resulting into shows not being available anymore. The number of XDCC bots has also been going down for a while with those remaining only focusing on recent releases. All while MEGA and other DDL sites keep deleting content.
It's sad but this is the reality we live in now. Right now you may still find an old show you remember liking on some obscure streaming site but even that site will probably shut down some time in the future and after that your anime might be gone forever unless you are willing to import expensive physical copies.

What can we do to change this? Is there any hope at all? Or should we just accept that old things one day disappear for good and only focus on the new things in life?

Attached: 1456325097524.jpg (1600x1200, 565.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si
sukebei.nyaa.si
tokyotosho.info
anirena.com
anidex.info
nyaa.iss.one
nyaa.iss.ink
fap.iss.one
nyaa.ink
tokyotosho.se
tokyo-tosho.net
animetosho.org
mirror.animetosho.org
shanaproject.com
share.acgnx.se
bangumi.moe
animelayer.ru
ggbases.com
crymore.net
fansub.co
fansubdb.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PJYwhjzLNPXV2X1np-S4rdZE4fb7pxp-QbHY1O0jH6Q/htmlview
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1emW2Zsb0gEtEHiub_YHpazvBd4lL4saxCwyPhbtxXYM/htmlview
sneedex.moe
releases.moe
index.fansubcar.tel
nibl.co.uk
animk.info
xdcc.eu
sunxdcc.com
xdcc.utw.me
itzmx.com
nanda.to
kametsu.com
chauthanh.info
tokyoinsider.com
aarinfantasy.com
animebytes.tv
bakabt.me
animetorrents.me
oppaiti.me
asiandvdclub.org
u2.dmhy.org
ansktracker.net
u2torrents.com
otakuusamagazine.com/motion-pictures-association-of-america-goes-after-anime-torrent-site/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Torrents are dying.
lel

>implying this is anything new

Impermanence is a part of life.
Alternatively, start buying physical media instead of relying on strangers to hold onto stuff for you if it bothers you that much.

They definitely are.
Torrenting/Piracy isn't dead (yet) but we are losing the war.
It isn't. But it's getting much worse. Probably because many oldfags are leaving/dying out with newfags simply subscribing to CR or watching everything on pirate stream sites because its more convenient for them.

>(yet)
Piracy will never die.
>we
You sound like the kind of person that doesn't seed.
Instead of crying and whining so much go and get yourself a seedbox, that's how you save torrenting.

Keep what you enjoyed in hdd or hide them in the cloud, still expensive for some but cheap for others.

Any notable examples, any at all? Filled 10tb over the past month and haven't had issues finding any seeded anime, the only releases that are dead are decrepit hardsubbed, divx codec .avi pieces of shit, and rightfully so.

>Piracy will never die.
Yeah. And Rome will never fall right?
Just look at the videogame market right now and see how many Denuvo titles get cracked. Believing that your anime mkvs. will always be there waiting for you is just delusional. Amazon and other sites are already putting DRM into their streams - DRM that might actually work one day. Enjoy watching those smartphone camera rips.

Itt OP can't find torrents and assumes they are gone, not that he is too retarded to find them

>Torrents are dying
No they're not
>XDCC/DDL is dying
good

Attached: guide1.jpg (1600x1200, 582.07K)

nyaa.si
sukebei.nyaa.si
tokyotosho.info
anirena.com
anidex.info
nyaa.iss.one
nyaa.iss.ink
fap.iss.one
nyaa.ink
tokyotosho.se
tokyo-tosho.net
animetosho.org
mirror.animetosho.org
shanaproject.com
share.acgnx.se
bangumi.moe
animelayer.ru
ggbases.com

Attached: qualityguide.png (3427x1224, 281.74K)

What's the point of this thread? You're clearly underage and have convinced yourself of whatever it is you're trying to say. No amount of discussion will change your mind, you're just here to mindlessly doompost.
>Just look at the videogame market
No thanks.
>Believing that your anime mkvs. will always be there waiting for you is just delusional.
I'll just go back to buying bootleg DVDs from the local Somalian, just like I did before the Internet was widespread.
>Amazon and other sites are already putting DRM into their streams - DRM that might actually work one day.
1) It wont.
2) If it does, people will just upload recordings of the video playback instead of ripping the source file.
3) Physical media still exists, and will for a long time. Those will always be rippable, and if they somehow magically aren't, again, screen recordings are a thing.
I don't know why I even bothered typing all this, I'm talking to a retard. You have no idea what piracy is actually like, or how it used to be.

crymore.net
fansub.co
fansubdb.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PJYwhjzLNPXV2X1np-S4rdZE4fb7pxp-QbHY1O0jH6Q/htmlview
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1emW2Zsb0gEtEHiub_YHpazvBd4lL4saxCwyPhbtxXYM/htmlview
sneedex.moe
releases.moe
index.fansubcar.tel

nibl.co.uk
animk.info
xdcc.eu
sunxdcc.com
xdcc.utw.me
itzmx.com
nanda.to
kametsu.com
chauthanh.info
tokyoinsider.com
aarinfantasy.com

animebytes.tv
bakabt.me
animetorrents.me
oppaiti.me
asiandvdclub.org
u2.dmhy.org
ansktracker.net
u2torrents.com

Attached: qualityguide2.png (3675x2180, 1.28M)

>OP can't find torrents
I am very aware of nyaa.si and the likes. I have browsing this shithole since SEED Destiny aired and never left.
Again: I am not saying torrents don't exist right now. All i am saying is they noticeably get less seeds and that a lot of older content barely gets seed at all. Nobody enjoys downloading 70 GB of BD collections which get seeded by 2-3 people.

Attached: 1238625134114.jpg (720x480, 54.96K)

>All i am saying is they noticeably get less seeds
No, they don't.
>a lot of older content barely gets seed at all.
Lurk more.
>Nobody enjoys downloading 70 GB of BD collections which get seeded by 2-3 people.
Those 2-3 people are more than enough with modern internet speeds, what shithole do you live in?

>releases.moe
Good in theory, bad in practice. I just checked the last 3 anime I downloaded and they're either outdated, wrong or they don't show up at all.

Nyaa doesn't even allow new registrations anymore so I can't upload my own shit.

>Nobody enjoys downloading 70 GB of BD collections which get seeded by 2-3 people.
That's the entire point of u2. Stay buttmangled, publicpleb
corrections accepted

>corrections accepted
Yuyushiki points to Datte13 which uses Commie subs. Please don't, their subs are fun occasionally but I wouldn't recommend them if you're trying to be serious or aiming for the highest quality.
Lucky Star surprisingly isn't even there.
The NausicaƤ 2010 BD is better than the 2014 one, and Miyazaki-approved.

A good number of those are either not working or barely maintained.

UTW for example is dead.

>Torrents are dying

Attached: 1474570996102.jpg (391x412, 27.09K)

>see how many Denuvo titles get cracked
The only games that use it are dogshit AAA games from American Devs and even then despite preventing their precious one hundred million dollar investments into making the most realistic graphics possible the games run like shit. AAA as a whole is starting to die off with the Fifa license expiring and AAA studios selling less and less copies with each buggy obnoxious self-congradualting game they shit out. Within a few years conventional AAA games will no longer be made in favor of free-to-play live service gacha dogshit that runs entirely on whale power with indie titles being the only conventional games being made.

>20 uploads of the same thing in 10minutes, and this several times a day
why nandesuka is still a thing
they can at least learn how to mux or something

Attached: 1635725581312.png (1219x744, 191.93K)

>The Moral Quandaries & Ethical >Considerations of Hot Gluing
Wtf

>durr torrents can't die
ITT. Newfags not remembering the 2017 Nyaapocalyse
So much shit got lost in that purge.
Oh and by the way: I hope you fags are ready for round 2. The MPA are already moving against nyaa again.

otakuusamagazine.com/motion-pictures-association-of-america-goes-after-anime-torrent-site/

>he thinks nyaa.si, the most easily found torrent site, is all there is.

Again, the problem isn't lack of torrents, it's that you are too retarded to find them.

Why does vlc trigger Any Forums so bad?

Because you are new and have no idea how absolute shit VLC was back in the days. Newfags and retards used it because it was easily accessable but the quality was garbage.

>dumb retard angry that he has to wait a little longer for his free cartoons to download
Im going to reduce my upload speed to spite you user

Attached: 1612314386362.jpg (1242x676, 113.5K)

Sad state of affairs tbqh
Also FUCK cellphones and FUCK apple for inventing the iphone, that's the sole reason why gatcha shit and FtP "games" are so prevalent today. I hope they never get to kill indies market share too.