Gear 5 is the biggest asspull in the history of Shounen

Gear 5 is the biggest asspull in the history of Shounen.

Attached: 1648639533646.jpg (340x239, 37.39K)

Anybody criticizing One Piece for one ass pull is a moron. The problem with One Piece is its shallow storytelling and hamfisted attempts at tackling social issues without any nuance whatsoever. The world of OP feels artificial, every arc and location has some relation to the strawhats, it's built around them rather than existing as separate beings with their own historical and social context that can fully function without their existence. Enemies that are conveniently JUST strong or weak enough for the Strawhats to fight. Luffy beating up the Big Bad ad nauseum. Also the rich and privileged exploiting the poor done redundantly in the most cringe manner. Let's not forget the shallow one dimensional characters with Sabo being a literal shoehorned replacement for Ace. Terrible twist, it rendered the entirety of post-timeskip meaningless, not to mention the drawn out pacing almost 1000 chapters and cluttering of panels.
Where as in HxH characters are all people who are moving even when the camera is not fixated on them, and this is an idea that is reinforced through the fact that the protagonists are usually not even the catalysts of the events that they are involved in. What’s happening does not center around them, and the series feels no need to give closure to the characters that they encounter if that doesn’t make sense. Just because Gon and Killua are ending one phase of their journey doesn’t mean that anyone else is: everyone else just goes on doing whatever they would have been doing already. Every being in the world of Hunter X Hunter is treated as a relevant consciousness with its own thoughts, desires, motivations and beliefs. That the story can be just as good without Gon and Killua for the entire Succession War arc as Kurapika becomes the MC is a testament to the quality of the writing.
If you think Oda is anywhere near the level of Togashi you need to stop posting on this board.

Fpbp

Why do you consider it an asspull since DF awakenings were a thing for a decade and have been awaited ever since.

>Enemies that are conveniently JUST strong or weak enough for the Strawhats to fight.
Sabaody.

tl;dr one piece was always shit so its ok bro

every
single
time

KINO
I
N
O

>decade
what. wasn't it only shown with doffy in Dressrosa

The real power of the Nika fruit is the smiles created by seeing all the huntards ass blasted. I've read Wanpiss up to this point, now im enJOYing it thoroughly. More Nika D. Popeye plz

Nah at least gear 5 had foreshadowing Yusuke still holds the title

Awakenings were introduced as far back as Impel Down

The entirety of the last arc was full of the desperately running away from big mom because they couldn’t beat her then

I don't get why people are so upset.

Motherfucker was always goofy and cartoonish from the start. Him turning into essentially a Looney Tunes character isn't so far-fetched.

I fucking love one piece bros. I love it so much it's unreal. With this last chapter Oda is going full meta on his creation and achieving full godly status. We were wrong doubting his skills: he was improving, like Luffy in prison, trying to find a new way for his skills as a mangaka to further improve, and he finally made it. This is what Wano was always for: Oda returning to his land, his world, and taking full control over it through Luffy.
Not only Luffy is the man who is most free, Joyboy, the Sun God Nika who brings smile to the people,but he is capable of stretching his body as well as reality. So does Oda's skill: he is now capable of drawing a character who can literally bend and stretch and inflate and change however he wants. He can now draw all perspectives, all transformations, all changes, everything in the body of his rubber pirate - the archetypical manga character, the archetypical "invented" character, the absolute madlad trickster god we all wish we were inside our minds, who can do everything, bend everything, conquer everything, and is always happy and strong. Luffy has finally awakened and evolved into "he who can be drawn in any way." This is the pinnacle of all manga creation. Trust me, after this, manga won't be the same anymore. For twentyfive years, through one piece, Oda has created a world where manga can be drawn more freely for all of us to enjoy. He is the Liberator of Imagination, the Pirate King of fantasy, the Author of the ultimate Laugh Tale. By making Luffy the most enjoyable character to draw, and possibly the most iconic manga character ever, Oda has truly become GODA: the Manga God who brings smiles to his readers.

OH MY RUBBER NEN is worse.
Nanika is worse.
Super Gon is worse.
This is just Oda stopping giving a fuck

No, Zoan awakenings were explained back in impel down a little more then a decade ago, even the revival thing.

Attached: 45345345345.jpg (512x234, 52.5K)

What was the foreshadow to Luffy being a zoan?

dubs confirm truth, as alwyas

I was talking about him begin Joyboy/Nika isn't that what everybody is upset about it?

huh, well cool of oda then. Already forgot that kind of shit since I read impel down when it first got scanned and I was fucking 13 then

DOUBLE DUBS CONFIRM TRUTH IS CONFIRMED