Did dragon ball z really set the bar that high? Why does every shounen protagonist share the same fate?

Did dragon ball z really set the bar that high? Why does every shounen protagonist share the same fate?

Attached: 2b323489-b0b5-40e9-b970-b2296beb45e1.jpg (750x750, 161.83K)

>shonenshit
There's your answer, toddler

It has definitely made it impossible for me not to roll my eyes at any transformation that has yellow hair or electric bolts

Akira Toriyama is god in the eye of most mangaka

>final form
>become a literal white man

What did Japs mean by this?

yes and it literally will never be topped. all they can do is make Goku variants or Yusuke variants.

Nips have been aping Sun Wukong since forever.

>Why does every shounen protagonist share the same fate?
Not sure what you mean.

Attached: Asakura_Yoh_2.png (407x911, 493.92K)

Dragon Ball didn't standardize muh chosen one though

>Why does every shounen protagonist share the same fate?
Powerlevel is kino

Attached: His theory half truth.jpg (720x1600, 119.53K)

It's The Mask and Western cartoon reference. It's has nothing to do with muh monkey.

Friendly reminder that Oda's inspiration for One Piece was none other than Toriyama himself, as well as Dragon Ball of course.

Super Aryan is invencible

We don't know if he's blonde or not yet

They don't have to but they eventually do, especially when your competition does it before you and you don't want to feel left behind. Luffy being a rubber pirate just doesn't cut it when everyone from samurais to ninjas hurl potentially planet destroying energy attacks, being buff and metal is nowhere near to Naruto's galactic Rasengan drone bombing

Same goes for killing off characters, for some reason they always seem to happen at the same time in rivaling shounen

non whites (besides most meds)
are obsessed with white men
they view even non blonde whites as gods

>a side character in his own series
rumao

Power-ups are pretty much inevitable in stories of such kind. The enemy gets stronger, so protagonists have to advance further.

Law of Ueki?

Delusional

SUN wukong

Cause it doesn't make sense to beat powerful beings with mid abilities. Whether or not Nika Luffy is bad is up to debate. Powerups are just truly necessary.

I don't even care that it's an asspull but bro, this design is LITERALLY just SSJ Luffy, the lack of creativity is jarring, quite frankly im amazed Oda had the gall to go there.

This is JUST Luffy's hair going from black to gold and awakening stronger after being pushed to his limit. It's so fucking uncreative and fucked up, Gold Hair doesn't even work with Luffy's character at all man its just wierd what the fuck is this design? If not for the fucking smoke ribbon(Which the OG Joyboy didn't even HAVE) it would just be Luffy going SSJ. WTF

Atleast Naruto put a fucking SPIN on it by turning Naruto into's entire body into a highlighter but this just hits too many fucking Dragonball rehash beats for me.

They're gonna change the hair color in the anime to red or orange.