Why was the second season so SHIT?

why was the second season so SHIT?

Attached: 5744a74918e468d00db5120e563a752b329096.jpg@1500w_80q.jpg (1500x2119, 573.13K)

halfway through the witch tells him to stop dying so he doesn't die for like 15 episodes wtf happened

whale arc was shit too

kys

Attached: Screenshot_20220330-201522.png (1440x1741, 1.9M)

BAHAHAHAHA this has to be samefag, no way you actually spotted that

Attached: 1538799645454.gif (500x250, 788.44K)

Moblia

By taking 130 chapters, squishing it into 42, and turning that into a 24 episode season.
Its amazing that it made sense.

No Rem

Source readers bigged it up, and honestly even if the animation was better, etc, I couldn't see this arc matching season 1 stuff. What made s1 so good was the clear simple goals that he had to pursue. The season got super bogged down in one place, and wasn't that interesting.

That said, the episode with his dad is great, loved it. Everything else was just so-so, definitely didn't meet my excitement after s1.

Too many moving parts. The second season was complicated as FUCK, there were so many factors the whole thing was a machine of bad decisions that could only be solved be trial and error.
I just didn't get it. Neither did you, most likely.

Probably the biggest contributing factor. Also the animation quality took a dip.

it refused to progress, stagnated, and suddenly became resolved. The pacing was frustrating.

>magic stones you

The debate about what to cut and what to keep probably hindered production.
Arc 4 was the worst hit though, the arcs after this one are written with the limitation if ln in mind, though stuff still manages to get cut out.
Sucks there's so much that'll never get animated though.

Attached: 87480857_p10.jpg (1127x1600, 913.73K)

Otto's backstory is the worst part of season 2 part 2. Who asked for it?

The weirdest revelation is Ram being in love with the guy who ACTUALLY LEVELED HER VILLAGE. Like, I knew he was shady, I didn't think he was genuinely the cause of all their misery. I mean, what the fuck was that?

>ACTUALLY LEVELED HER VILLAGE
He didn't, the witchcult was the one that did it, he just didn't do anything to save it.
She disliked the village anyway because as the reincarnation of the oni god, they never let her have a normal life.

There will be a lot of cope from fans of the series as a whole, but the truth is that Re:Zero just isn’t good once you get to the whale arc and beyond. This story had an incredibly strong hook, but as usual it becomes bogged down in typical stupid isekai shit relatively soon. If you thought the cringe sanctuary was bad then wait until you see the arcs that come after that.

Attached: 1029364683.png (970x1558, 1020.48K)

I heard Arc 5 had even less deaths.

While it does have only around three, but they're pretty fun. It also features civilian permadeath, which is new.
After that its not an issue.

It wasn't.