How do you feel about adaptions that go in a different direction than the source material?

How do you feel about adaptions that go in a different direction than the source material?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fuuka - 10 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_14.09_[2017.03.10_15.21.19].png (1920x1080, 2M)

Fuck your truck.

Good. I don't see why I should experience the same thing twice.
Shaman King is pure proof these kind of adaptions had SOUL

I hate when that happen.
Don't say it's an adaptation. Sell it like what it is: a spinoff or something not canon losely based on the original work.

What's the point of making an adaptation if you're not going to actually adapt. That's a rhetorical question. The answer is money.

Usually disappointed.

I like Naruto filler

As much as Fuuka living was nice, I think the direction they went with afterwards sucked. The later episodes of Fuuka felt very different from the manga (and not just because Fuuka lived), as if they didn't plan them well.

I like the Excel Saga anime way more than the manga, We need more wacky comedy anime.

Attached: 1587473109394.webm (480x360, 2.62M)

Truck-kun was robbed. Robbed!

Wow, that's some imagery.

>better for characters or abilities and more of what you'd expect than the actual story
Fucking disgraceful.

Instantly dropped. It's not canon.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAqU3d5WbHFgMqbfK9Ccz6us.png (569x609, 400.42K)

Forgot how awful the scans could be.

What would you have them do instead?

It can be good rarely.

Attached: 1586230178289.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Shit and disrespectful, also depending of the outcome it can kill the popularity of the source or giving false expectation that split the fanbase forever

absolutely schizophrenic adaptations that are 95% anime original like white album are pretty funny

Was disappointed when they skipped the kangaroo arc, but they really made up for it.

It shows that the creators have artistic aspirations and aren't just in it for the paycheck. They want to create the best possible viewing experience, rather than just creating an ad for the source material.

Because people want to see the manga brought to life with voices and animation. If it were possible to go the FMA or other series route with different adaptations to keep fans on their toes, such as with characters surviving or dying instead, along with an equally quality produced Brotherhood equivalent (much worse visually), I'd fucking be all for that, but it's not remotely feasible and VA wouldn't be having it.

Is this the isekai thread, the official Seo Kouji nudes thread, or the tomboy thread?

Unless they're absolutely passionate or at least love the source material. I'm not comparing nip VA to entitled muritards at all, just that it seems like overwork if they had to come back and voice x or were both being made simultaneously for example, but then again, that'd be fucking retarded and probably steal profit from each other.