It's charming when you see a bunch of people get really attached to one very old show that barely anyone cares about...

It's charming when you see a bunch of people get really attached to one very old show that barely anyone cares about anymore and they try to make a community around it and inspire discussion, I can't help but admire them, all their efforts are appreciated since the show in question hasn't been discussed much in the west. It's nice that they aren't just like the rest of us, watching the hottest flavor of the month show before moving on to the next. The point of watching the show is to shitpost about it with everyone!

Too bad UY fans will be scorned soon thanks to the new anime.

Attached: you.png (1437x1080, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBwlULqDmNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're already scorned by anyone sane.

thats the spirit my boy

it's a timeless piece of unfathomably influential animation art and i love every frame of it

i also love Lum
just wanted to put that out there

Attached: lum_headphones.jpg (622x472, 33.2K)

Fucking kek, this.

Nice to see you reversed my post but you should have realized the post was sarcasm and you missed one crucial part.
>hasn't been discussed much in the west.
People were discussing Uredai Yatsura on western forums before you were born.

I've never heard of Uredai Yatsura, is that a spinoff or something?

No that's a typo. Anyway let me point out the crucial part you missed
>The point of watching the show is to shitpost about it with everyone!
The original sarcastic intent of that line is that you should seek a show for it's own merit not for contextual reasons and caring about a show just because you get to shitpost about it with your online buddies is npc behavior and it's what trend hopers do.
You seem to have missed the point and instead you propose "we should all watch Uresai Yatusra so we can shitpost about it togther!".
The point was to teach you stoicism, how to cope with isolation and where attachement should lie "I love Uresai Yatsura for its own sake and I'll continue to love it even if I am the only person in the world that cares about it, shitposting and discussion be damned!"

This sounds pretentious when I write it out

I wonder how MARCVS AVRELIVS would have felt about urusei yatsura...
Anyways, I feel like it's valid to watch a show for both reasons: it's own merits and to discuss with others. Luckily we have the net to communicate with others!

Attached: 540a29ea69bedd860b8575c4.jpg (700x525, 72.31K)

>I wonder how MARCVS AVRELIVS would have felt about urusei yatsura
y tho?

Attached: LumThink.gif (500x375, 148.29K)

y not?

Attached: SmugFangs.png (1043x973, 1.48M)

>I feel like it's valid to watch a show for both reasons: it's own merits and to discuss with others
I feel like you should look at discussion as a bonus, yeah it's nice when it's there but I can also live without it. That I feel is true love for a show.

Your post is way too high IQ for these retards to understand.
One of them actually typed in the previous thread they had with a straight face, unironically “we’ve been going strong since 2020!”.
These guys aren’t even oldfags. They’re a bunch of Reddit NPCs who found a random waifu from an old show and trying to hype her up because she’s likely the first anime related thing that they happened to stumble across. These people have no idea of what constitutes as quality discussion anymore and they think that by opening daily threads they’re being relevant.

>taking every single post in a general known for rampant shitposting as serious and unironic

Attached: 173_d9310350243962bd6f7626583c882ac83956ee75376a625c20ff6ffc2432d389.jpg (394x423, 18.13K)

expected a long-winded explanation of the stoic themes in UY, what a letdown

Attached: LumTits.jpg (1439x1080, 107.22K)

>I was merely pretending to be retarded!

unfortunately i am not autistic enough to come up with those on the spot

Attached: funny dumb filename about that moroboshi kid sleeping when he should be chasing girls or something.jpg (1280x960, 177.81K)

what a shame

Attached: 1615608049106.jpg (526x878, 42.18K)

>Your post is way too high IQ for these retards to understand.
>One of them actually typed in the previous thread they had with a straight face, unironically “we’ve been going strong since 2020!”.
>These guys aren’t even oldfags. They’re a bunch of Reddit NPCs who found a random waifu from an old show and trying to hype her up because she’s likely the first anime related thing that they happened to stumble across. These people have no idea of what constitutes as quality discussion anymore and they think that by opening daily threads they’re being relevant.

Attached: index.png (211x239, 13.79K)

Bait aside I do feel worried a out the new show. The Go go vibes and 80s culture are big part of what makes the show so charming which bring a noticeable problem: if the remake is too modern it will alienate longtime fans of the original and if it's too much like the old show the modern audience won't get it and will shit on it. Trying to bring a beloved time capsulw like UY to modern standards it's a double-edged sword.

Attached: d713046ec7931651e0e2996450d58cfb.gif (244x226, 496.01K)

>Lum wojack
Oh god

Attached: C1D3D5E9-7627-419E-B3F4-C1DD30FCDE45.gif (540x300, 2.59M)

>Lum
>Random waifu
She's a Doraemon tier japanese icon. She's as recognizable in Japan as Bugs Bunny.

Proving you’re Reddit, basically

youtube.com/watch?v=tBwlULqDmNU

Attached: big lumgus.png (1000x662, 686.72K)

I don't want to project any bad image into UY fags and I think their "spamming" is harmless, I respect them more than I respect the average seasonal fag trend hopper, even if their intention is vapid and shallow like you say holding an interest in a show for a year especially a show that's done is beyond most zoomers who just go with whatever Gigguk decided is the hottest new meme of the month.
And I think that the takeaway that "you should love a show for its own merit" is something everyone could benefit from and it's pretty much common sense anyway so I don't take credit for it.

I also somewhat sympethize, I too would like my favorite shows to be discussed, to have funny memes and OCs made about them and maybe to bond over someone for an instant over the show, I just know I could live without those things.

Anyway I am Mauritanian schizo so you shouldn't take anything I say seriously.

Attached: 1648450882713.png (992x735, 885.06K)

Attached: iq.jpg (1774x682, 664.78K)

Attached: LumInterestedInWhat(You)AreDoing.png (1444x1080, 2.19M)

>These people have no idea of what constitutes as quality discussion anymore
Name literally any show on Any Forums or anything on Any Forums for that matter that gets "quality" discussion