Will anime get progressively more popular or are we reaching a plateau?

Stats would be helpful

Attached: 1640951720493.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Been mainstream for years no chump

Popular anime get more popular. Obscure anime are still for weirdos. This will never change. Even anime's modern trending popularity is just a repeat of what happened in the 90s. Watching DBZ or KnY isn't going to turn millions of people onto CGDCT.

Google trends says it got massive during corona and has been dipping again but I doubt just searching " anime " is the most helpful

It's already mainstream but no need to worry about censorship that much since some Murican companies like Sentai Filmworks and some channels around the world like that Chilean anime channel that is coming out in 2 days understand that there's a demand for gory and ecchi content

Hopefully not, since that means more underage crossboarders shitting the board up.

Stop putting your thread body in the subject field.

Attached: 1637368426387.png (2560x1920, 1.43M)

Honestly I don't understand how it became so mainstream all the sudden. Even my dad who wouldn't let me and my brothers watch anime, and would rant about what garbage it was back in the day now watches One Punch man over and over.

It was AOT and then OPM combined with internet explosion

I hope it accelerates so we can see nip otaku square off with western twitter

I do want anime to reach the levels it had in the early to late 2000s era. Normalfags should consume their own entertainment while we huddle in our own sort of spaces, separated and shunned, but happy. I miss the spirit of being an animefan in those times. It hurt of course, but it was fun. I find myself kind of reminiscing the older days and all the shit I missed out on. This includes anime and games

More like decades.

Just remembered, if CSM is supposed to be as big as all the fags say it is, I bet its going to get another boost
no thanks

Who cares, csm is yet another fotm shonenshit

also netflix for the better or the worse

This. I cringe any time I see normalfags talking about anything beyond shit made for them. I don’t even like romcoms and seeing them be talked about by social media faggots makes me sick.

África and Middle East need an islâmica anime inshallah

idk, I haven't read it, but the anime is going to be mega popular no?

Chances are some burka moms in the Middle East have better taste in anime than most of Any Forums because at least they've watched Rose of Versailles.

Anime is made by and for normalfags, and has been for decades.