Coming to terms with the decline of anime

How does Any Forums deal with the decline of anime? We all love anime here, I am sure everyone here wants anime to be in good shape and keep breaking new grounds. But we have to come to terms with reality, the golden age is well behind us whatever je-ne-sais-quoi spark of awesomeness that Japan had in the 70s through to the 2000s is simply no longer there, the pure badassery of 90s, beautiful aesthetics of cels and the pure comfiness of 2000s digital expirementation will never come back.
The last decade has been very lackluster for anime both in artistic and entertainment sense. Anime has become streamlined, standerized just like videogames but unlike videogames or music there's no indie scene that we can seek refuge in.
Overall the post-social media/smartphone zeitgeist that drives the art has been pretty "lame" that's the best word to describe it really, Japan was not safe from the effect of said zeitgeist, it's a declining country with a declining people and ergo anime is a declining meduim with a declining fandom.

Attached: Angellcop.jpg (1280x720, 118.18K)

nice blogpost

The 00s and early 10s were the peak of otaku culture, it went all down hill after that

Attached: 1622481712251.png (452x281, 61.37K)

I started watching anime in the 2000s where the concept of moe was bug eyed uguu kawaii characters, so art has improved in my book.

>where the concept of moe was bug eyed uguu kawaii characters, so art has improved in my book
That was peak moe, you philistine

Imagine being born in africa lmao

You just hate the fact anime can stand on its own now instead of constantly referencing and taking inspiration from Western media, because you don't like Japan or anime.

Attached: 1645684233253.png (449x478, 247.35K)

Anime hasn't declined other than a small hiccup caused by covid and now the Toei hack. Go back.

OP I hate to break it to you, but the only reason anime seems to have "changed" for you is because your perspective on it used to be far more limited. If your country is only importing shows like Cowboy Bebop, then you're going to assumed every anime must be like Cowboy Bebop, whereas if you grew up in Japan around the same time, you'd be exposed to all the same mediocrity and fluff that we see today. Where a foreigner like you sees a decline, the Japanese see business as usual. This "groundbreaking" quality of the medium was always the exception, never the rule.

Attached: ook.png (306x233, 66.97K)

Anime is in better shape now than it was a decade ago

I see the nigger has changed his spammed

My favorite anime is knight lamune.

Attached: 103186l.jpg (425x600, 136.31K)

The upside is that there's no better time to be into old anime than today.
We have more subbed cel anime than ever and many with nice BD releases too.
The truth is that most of the anime fandom isn't interested though and so there's almost no genuine discussion about it here. Just deal with it.

If only we could purge Any Forums of shounentards so slower old anime threads could have living space, oh well gotta keep spamming about the latest chapter one One Piss

Kill yourself nigger.

>The upside is that there's no better time to be into old anime than today.
This is factually true. No better time in human history to explore any form of art and hence one could argue no better time to be alive than today. Those who know to count thier blessing I am sure are very grateful.

I care more about manga and it's in great shape with a lot of really good series. I watch the occasional anime that comes out but I don't care too much about the state of it.

Kill yourself, tourist shitposter.

>How does Any Forums deal with the decline of anime?
I'm not even aware of it. I have so much backlog of good old anime that I don't even watch new stuff. I'm going to watch you are under arrest now and the the most modern anime I watched was Gabriel Dropout which was also very good.

>oga booga shaka looka

Attached: Mauritania.jpg (1400x787, 155.66K)

Too many words just to say "M-muh cell animation..."

How are we defining "decline" here

>But we have to come to terms with reality, the golden age is well behind us whatever je-ne-sais-quoi spark of awesomeness that Japan had in the 70s through to the 2000s is simply no longer there, the pure badassery of 90s, beautiful aesthetics of cels and the pure comfiness of 2000s digital expirementation will never come back.

Oh fucking god, it's another old good, new bad thread jesus christ, how many of these do you have in you a day

If you can't into something as simple as words how do you ever hope to into aesthetics?

>manga is in great shape
I don't read manga. Any mangafags care to comment on this? Let's hear your thoughts.

Attached: 71zMifmAR0L.jpg (714x1000, 179.97K)