Are we finally moving past the "chosen one" battle shonen main character trope yet?

are we finally moving past the "chosen one" battle shonen main character trope yet?

Attached: 9991aa9a16f9f1743c618ee81f76cf66.png (1898x1248, 1.7M)

Nope. Even Luffy is a chosen one now lol.

>now

>see csm shilled every day on Any Forums
>okay lets try it
>another story with edgy horny 15 year old defeating le ultimate evils

Jesus fucking Christ

CSM is genuinely horrible and I'm mad that I got memed into reading it

No.

Nope.

No, we’re doing the
>MC isn’t the chosen one but still has all the plot armor and is even more special because he does everything that he does without being chosen.

>edgy horny 15 year old defeating le ultimate evils
>defeating
He didn't defeat her, he loved her to death.

you are the kind of moron who expects the MC to die in the first 10 chapters and confuses shock value moments with good writing

denji was literally a chosen one, retard

No, we're doing the
>MC isn't the chosen one until the author writes himself into a corner and needs an excuse for the MC to win

you didn't read csm

wasnt this guy possesed by the most powerful demon or someshit?
I recall reading that the chainsaw demon killed the nuke demon and is the only demon that the "fear of the dark" demon fears.

>chainsaw devil is inexplicably given the ability to erase concepts from reality, making it the most important of all devils
>denji is randomly chosen by the chainsaw devil because he was kind, and with no effort required the world begins to revolve around him
The chosen one cliche exists to fuel the audience's fantasy that being in the right place in the right time is all it takes for any schmuck (aka the reader) to go on some grand adventure or receive some great reward, because it was secretly destiny. This is especially going to be prevalent in stories aimed at young boys. They don't want to hear you need to work your ass off to get anywhere and that sometimes you can do everything right and still get screwed over. At most, you'll only see that with side characters, which Aki is a good example of. Battle shonen will never move past that. It's just simple escapism. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

yeah, the chainsaw man actually being able to erase people from existence was a last minute asspull

denji was literally chosen by pochita, the most special devil ever

VNs often tell the "normalfag works really hard and gets the girls" story and manage to be successful in their heyday.

denji didn't defeat shit

to me, that's as bullshitty as the chosen one trope

he ddin't kill all the ebil devils like bat devil and [insert another motw] before ultimately killing the ebil office chick he was simping for?

>Let's kill the MC and have no idea where the story will go next
Try write something like that and get back to us the result