Has there ever been a greater disconnect from how the audience viewed the character versus how they they were actually...

Has there ever been a greater disconnect from how the audience viewed the character versus how they they were actually written?

Attached: 0102.png (1080x1080, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6GmVCD7cxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any Forums read SnK with their ass.

Does it count if there are a bunch of conflicting audience interpretations instead of just one?

hes literally me

I don’t think the author knew what he wanted to do with him

isayama just made shit up

he was merely pretending

Attached: 1646940296051.png (606x500, 333.08K)

youtube.com/watch?v=H6GmVCD7cxk
Let the self-inserter cope begin

People viewed him as he was written. The writing simply changed while the audience didn't.

Eren started the rumbling because he's a patriot who wants to save his people is the same person who started the rumbling and killed his own people he had the power to evacuate.

Attached: missed_the_point_meme.jpg (1200x1685, 233.01K)

Also, if you don't understand where this argument falls apart you need to go back.

Nah, it was just a bunch of teenage edgelords pulling hard for an ending that anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew would never happen.

Most people read it completely fine.
An absolutel minority of nationalists were literally-meing and got blown out, and they now shifted their self-insert to Floch for this reason.

Attached: kek.jpg (1280x720, 96.84K)

You're an idiot to believe that after Eren's speech to Reiner where he forgave him and then the flashbacks where he was crying when he realized that the future was fixed and he would perform the rumbling, deeply apologizing to the people he would be killing.

There was never a nationalist Eren. Eren did not believe in nations and believed that no matter where one threads, people are the same.

>Eren did not believe in nations
You are an idealist and speak idealist nonsense.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

he forgave him because he understood what he was dealing with. The future wasn't even fixed because paradise gets bombed and the kid finds worm tree to start the nonsense all over again

Attached: 1625370036700.png (905x1300, 867.04K)

Yes exactly, which is why all genocidefags need to be banned for a minimum of four years.

more like isayama writes with his ass

i mean how were you supposed to view him when he was written by an author who couldn't make up his mind and gave him several goals that were contradictory to each other? he's a terrible MC whose only gimmick is to spew cool one-liners that other edgy 15 year olds gobbled up

More like Isayama was pressured to make him a cuck because he was getting too popular despite genociding billions of people

Hold your fucking horses right there and get some artistic integrity, Isayama.
YOU DON'T GET TO THROW ALL PREVIOUS 138 CHAPTERS OF A MANGA INTO THE TRASH AND COMPLETELY REWRITE THE PROTAGONIST JUST TO SAY
>Hahah got you!
TO THE READERS.

I invoke motherfucking death of the author. Jesus, is there even another manga like this? Of fucking course no one could predict those were Eren's thoughts, they're asspulled at the last second and contradict the previous decade of writing.

thats what former cuckrenfags deluded themselves into believing so they will not end up loong bad, despite eren always being an awful MC. he was just treated like a mystery box and effectively a blank state that allowed retards to headcanon whatever they wanted

You don't understand Eren.

>muh 139 is the culprit
Retard go and reread the trash before that, if you couldnt see the cracks in the trash writing way before that where isayama was trying to go with the story (through shit like the forced EMA splitting) then I feel sorry for you