Why is there an Idea of Evil but no Idea of Good?

Why is there an Idea of Evil but no Idea of Good?

Attached: At+least+he+apologized+_6d248f57defe90eac764a96c907b3042.jpg (326x284, 26.03K)

because then the author would actually have to develop the protagonists beyond relying on generic tropes

?

What is bad is much easier to decide rather than what is good. Think about it. It's much easier to point at shit like murder and theft and call it bad without much justification since it's illegal in basically any country. Meanwhile, with saying something is good, you have to provide not only moral justification, but situational circumstances, why a character might think an idea or action is good, how the other characters think this is good (or don't think is good), etc. I.e., it takes a lot more work developing the moral compass of a character, rather than just creating saturday morning cartoon-esque villains and making the heroes beat them up every couple of chapters

Do you even know this is a Berserk thread and Idea of evil is an actual concept in the series?

Yeah I just realized OP was talking about that idea of evil. Ignore the autistic rambling from me then

Attached: HSjXS6tuQkADhWNxgmknCnpishE5iLjkYqAmbCkws7o.jpg (480x360, 8.57K)

Because the Idea of Evil was itself just a mass of delusion. It admits it itself. It was created by human delusion. Whatever the truth really is, we didn't get around to seeing it.

Because humans don't need to blame good things on something.

Idea of evil is both But there is far more evil in the world

Being delusional and being evil aren't the same thing. A person can be batshit insane and harmless. It's bullshit anyway, if the Idea of Evil was created by human emotions then there should be an Idea of Good.

It's like how in Warhammer the Chaos Gods are made of emotion but they just act like stereotypical Christian Demons. There are good emotions too. There should be Chaos Gods of things like Love and Hope. Not bullshit like "Tzeentch is the God of Hope even though he makes everything hopeless" by that 'logic' every Chaos God is the God of Hope.

Chaos god were fucked up by the fucked up setting they're in. They're the way they are because of all of the negative emotions that fill the galaxy, otherwise they would present as more benign versions of themselves.

In fact, technically Tzeentch it's the god of hope, since change can turn a bad situation into a good one. Slaanesh is the god(des?) of love and passion, Nurgle the god of life and Khorne the god of honor and braveness.

maybe there is
there were good gods in berserk too

Because humanity doesn't desire a God of Good

Attached: covershake.jpg (1200x675, 351.85K)

Humans have thanked Gods for the good things in their lives for as long as humans have existed. When a baby is born healthy the parents are thankful, when the crops give their bounty farmers are thankful, when the sailors survive a storm they're thankful. In old times people knew that life was fleeting and that every good day without strife was a blessing from their God. It's only in modern times that people have deluded themselves into thinking a full belly and peaceful sleep are the natural state. A devil without a god is modernist thinking, that's one of the problems with the worldbuilding of Berserk.

There's benevolent nature spirits you fucking speed reading retards

Who said there isn't? I humans can conjure their very own Satan to explain why bad things happen, who's to say they don't have their own God to explain why good things happen?

>if the Idea of Evil was created by human emotions then there should be an Idea of Good.

People endlessly gripe about having a reason for suffering in the world, no one gripes about where good things come from.

Humans also weigh losses more than gains, an "Idea of Good" would be nonexistent or weak as can be.

What positive effect do they have on the world? If any?

>In fact, technically Tzeentch it's the god of hope, since change can turn a bad situation into a good one. Slaanesh is the god(des?) of love and passion, Nurgle the god of life and Khorne the god of honor and braveness.
That's the bullshit twisted thinking I called out in the post you quote.

they help when the witch calls them
thats only what we got
i think they were going to play a bigger rol in the story but SOMEONE who was supposed to write it DIED

>Being delusional and being evil aren't the same thing. A person can be batshit insane and harmless.
Which has literally nothing to do with what I said.

Because almost nobody in Berserk's world truly thinks there's a benevolent God.
The Idea of Evil is also the embodiment of "my suffering must be part of some greater plan" coping.

>Because almost nobody in Berserk's world truly thinks there's a benevolent God.
There is an entire Church system waiting for a messiah

People don't build temples and pray to their demons, they do it for their Gods who they view as a positive influence on the world. People fear demons but they dedicate their lives and most of their mental energies to Gods, not demons. The entire point of religion is why things happen and how it came to be, the good and the evil. And even in polytheist religions good always wins in the long run.

>they do it for their Gods who they view as a positive influence on the world.

All the first gods were created as explanations for natural phenomena outside human control who needed to be appeased by sacrifice.

In polytheistic religions "demons" were godly entities who lost the godbowl and got thrown off of olympus.