I dont get it, isnt powering-up a staple of shounen series? sudden power-up transformations happen all the time and yet...

I dont get it, isnt powering-up a staple of shounen series? sudden power-up transformations happen all the time and yet, why are so many people seething at Gear 5?

Attached: one-piece-manga-1044-luffy.jpg (800x450, 78.67K)

Edgetards getting BTFO in every way possible.

It's the real identity of Luffy's power that is the problem.

People for some reason think the power up invalidates everything Luffy did before now without the power up. Like just the fact that he's this powerful now retroactively goes back and helps him overcome things in the past or something.

See the post right above yours.

>give the MC the shittiest fruit ever
>"ASHTUALLY THATS THE SUN NIKA JOYBOY FRUIT,LUFFY IS GOD NOW!"

if you cant se the problem with this you are retard

I get your point about Luffy's fruit turning out to be something else which is unnecessary. But power wise, he's still the same retarded rubber dude so it's still a shitty fruit. Gorosei even said it's the most ridiculous power in the world.

>"I love One Piece because Luffy isn't special he has one of the shittiest fruits and yet is fighting against all sorts of monsters"
>Luffy revealed to be literal Sun God mythical fruit user god of liberation being hunted by the WG for 800 years
>"GODA GODA GODA I CAN'T BELIEVE LUFFY WAS SUPER CHOSEN AND SUPER SPECIAL ALL ALONG I LOVE THIS SERIES"

It's just the hypocrisy.

I have never said or thought the first sentence. How special a protagonist is literally never enters my thought until I see shitposting about it on Any Forums.

I still don't get how Gear 5 works. Is it Gear 4 with immunity to physical damage?

Luffy turns into popeye. That's it. That's literally it.

Can I just ask are you saying that every shounen that has a power up moment in it does it all well, as in, it's something that can never be criticized or brought up solely because shounen does it?

because one piece was supposed to be different, the LOTR of shonen
It ended being a Naruto-Tier schlock

>It's just the hypocrisy

Attached: 1641755410300.png (911x903, 529.92K)

Was this actually an asspull or did people just not pay attention?

asspull, but Odafags who unironically think he can do no wrong want to pretend it's all part of a plan.

Nika takes control of Luffy's body during awakening/Gear 5.

Because le fan favorite mentor character is confirmed evil

Attached: 1641088738995.png (611x611, 710.65K)

>>"I love One Piece because Luffy isn't special he has one of the shittiest fruits and yet is fighting against all sorts of monsters"
Literally who ever said that?
>Son of Dragon
>"Brother" of Roger's son
>Joyboy's hat
>father figure Shanks
>Super Haki
>will of the D
>complete opposite of the main antagonist
Just kys, troon

No one cares about you specifically. The fan base will eat up literally everything Oda throws at them. If Luffy were to be able to spew acid next chapter, they would claim it was foreshadowed by the Magellan fight.

>Son of Dragon
>"Brother" of Roger's son
So fucking what? OP has shown multiple times that children can deviate greatly from their parents (see Helmeppo, Sanji, Lola etc.) Luffy being related to anyone doesn't mean shit.

>Joyboy's hat
>Super Haki
Nupiece shit

>father figure Shanks
Literally Shanks did was inspire him and accidently give him the Gomu Gomu (prior to the recent retcon)

>will of the D
>complete opposite of the main antagonist
What does this have to do with anything?

I just hope Luffy's head isnt actually on fire