One Piece

I don't get it, how does this make the story any better? How does this improve One Piece in any way? This just shits on established lore and creates massive plotholes.

Attached: MYTHICAL ZOAN.png (2200x1613, 1.54M)

>I don't get it, how does this make the story any better? How does this improve One Piece in any way?
It doesnt. It ruins the series in a way that the drones cant wrap their heads around so they pretend its good because its the only way they know how to cope

It doesn't make it better. It makes it faster, Oda wants this shit wrapped up yesterday. Reminds me of Toriko pulling various colourful demons out of his ass at the last minute.

Press F to pay respects

Attached: Selection_036.png (853x758, 251.34K)

This has been foreshadowed since Skypea, speed reader.

Updated

Attached: Yonko Alliance.jpg (1280x2592, 2.26M)

>t. anally devastated resin theorist

Gaslight: The post
also kill yourself

Take meds. Doesn't it shame you to be a part of a hivemind of retards?

oda never cared to put effort into this generic shonenshit in the first place, and now that the sales are irreversively low, he has given up completely.

How is Jinbei going to react to the fact his captain is also an ancient god that fishmen worship

The sound effects are "Nika" while he is dancing. The same writing was used last chapter in 1043 when luffy smiled.
Oda said he wrote Skypea for this one panel.

Attached: 16-1.jpg (1003x542, 610.14K)

You don’t have to project your feelings into everyone else every time you wanna voice an opinion.

Apoochads, we are TRIUMPHANT!

Oda could have done exactly the same thing, giggly Luffy (he would be 'bouncy' in personality), extreme powers including turning inanimate objects into Rubber, and giving him nearly unlimited control over his rubber body if Oda just said that was the effect of awakening for Rubber. I don't know that we needed any of the Nika stuff. And I don't dislike it, but I don't think it was necessary (yet).

Do you think Oda went to this page from time to time and just laughed like a maniac?

Hello Spee D. Reader.
See

Luffy still thinks this is his fruit, even if he was told otherwise he would still say Gomu Gomu

Does the Nika Nika fit Strawhat devil fruits syllables making numbers 1-10?

Yes, I am a fan of the Sun God Nika, how can you tell?

Attached: 1579167946429.jpg (1110x1239, 151.83K)

Someone told oda he needs to subvert expectations or the manga won't sell and this is the result

This is how I feel about it, the theme of him inheriting Roger’s will was obvious enough, his fruit didn’t need to be special on top of it

Is the chapter out yet?

Kaido has so much SOVL as a villain.
I hope his flashback starts next chapter.

It’s been out

So Oda isn't going to explain why Luffy was melting? What a hack.

Wyper knew

So why does Any Forums hate this chapter so much?
What kind of twist would you prefer instead?

Attached: 1638479917067.png (482x277, 176.48K)

SPIC EDGEFAG SPIC EDGEFAG SPIC EDGEFAG GOOFY PIECE FUN PIECE GOOFY PIECE FUN PIECE SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC NARUTARD NARUTARD HXHTRANNY SPIC SPIC SPIC EDGETARDS BTFO

I don't understand why people and especially TCB were chimping out like "OMG DO NOT VISIT INTERNET THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND" for these 2 past weeks when this wasn't even a big surprise compared to Ace's death or Kaido's reveal.

>Nika
>Sound effect
No

Attached: IMG_20220325_093318.jpg (409x243, 16.99K)

>Wano is now Mashima Piece with fast pacing and fanservice
Extremely based

Finally a good take.. I'm just assuming we'll see why it had to be this way as the story goes on. Perhaps Black Beard related bullshit hahah. For now it's way too early to judge though so FUNNY TOOON IT IS

Any Forums and /opg/ love it, it's only resinfags, rubberfags, denialfags, edgefags, narutards, and hunterkeks that are seething and raging lol

>you now remember we're first told about Blackbeard on Drum Island
>he attacked it and Wapol fled
>said Island is where a Zoan Hito Hito was eaten by Chopper

Attached: download.jpg (228x221, 5.05K)

Sun is molten ":D"

I don't think any fans really hate it except for the shonen fans expecting some wuking transformation with an extending staff or something. Most readers understand this truly fits Luffy! In gear 3rd he literally inflates his fists like a cartoon and he's truly the most creative with his ability.

a better one that was actually foreshadowed and not asspulled and not so chosen oney and didnt kill the series

With the introduction of Chapter 1044, One Pieces essentially ascents basic Animes/Mangas and gives us a cultural relevant answer to a certain problem, Western Consumers face with to certain degree. Basically said, Luffy is a western Cartoon-Character in an eastern Anime. Oda basically bridged two different worlds into one thing. Whenever western Consumers went through being critiqued for watching "children's entertainment" and having to explain "what's the difference between anime and toons" which was mostly explained by the amount of violence and the maturity some anime-scenes delivered, in reality, One Piece as a whole could be seen a as the answer. It's as crossover between "looney toons" (Monkey D. Lu ff y / Monkey, The Loo n ey / Crazy Ape ) and Anime. Luffy never ate the Gum-Fruit, he ate the Toon-Fruit limited to his own body. All the Gears 1-4 never made sense ala "Rubber creates friction therefore the heat", he essentially cartoonized his arm under water to create fire (SpongeBob SquarePants). Luffy is cartoonizing in an Anime. Lmao

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

Attached: 6ed863d27b8ad5050a164e560ff34beac96ae35av2_hq.jpg (1024x964, 60.76K)

So did Shanks know this whole time the fruit was special so he bet his arm on Luffy?

>le series are dead now
you again?

I hated it with early spoilers, but I like it now.

Yes. He probably wanted to give to Ace, but he "bet" on Luffy instead.

Maybe I would prefer no twist? No more haki shit, no more gears, no more awakenings, no more mythical zoans GIVE ME SOVL PIECE BACK

So... Based on what I read in the chapter, if the fruit eater gets Awakened fully, it basically makes the eater a cartoon character, complete with cartoon physics?

I mean.... I dunno, it sort of fits with the idea of a rubber entity with localized reality-warping powers; slap-stick comedy, stretchable limbs for laughs, stretching the ground open/up to make holes or dodge/reflect attacks, etc.

It's a bit of a stretch (forgive the pun), but if this is meant to be in-line with how the other elemental fruits tend to give the eater some degree of god-like power, I can wrap my head around it.

The drawback has to be massive though, especially if this comes with some personality shift that leads to a more whimsical nature in the form of your average Looney Tunes character.

He’s Sadlad.

Sometimes it feels like Oda reads these threads and then subverts our expectations. But anons also create so many dog shit theories and then get mad when those theories aren't true. Anons thought Kaido was a real dragon who ate the oni devil fruit.

so what?

One piece is at the level of Nardo now
>You again
Meds

Absolutely

Attached: DwJ0DgWX0AEYqUP.jpg (1125x1678, 306.41K)

>and they have even more freedom

What does that even mean.

Why didn't Ace tell Luffy about haki?

Remember people: Vivi is very important.

Attached: 1633449095702.jpg (1024x639, 68.02K)

>So... Based on what I read in the chapter, if the fruit eater gets Awakened fully, it basically makes the eater a cartoon character, complete with cartoon physics?
Sort of. It breaks the 4th wall and distorts the entire reality of other characters too. See how Kaido reduced to a Looney Tunes character with all that cartoony eyes, flying stars and stuff.

Like you see in the chapter.
He can basically do whatever the fuck he wants with this body and can also alter things outside of himself.

it's all wrong no matter how it goes

Blackbeard is going to negate this loony toons shit and smack the fuck out of Luffy

Attached: siu2symrm6251.png (1920x1280, 1.59M)

I think he's trying to imply Blackbeard wanted to steal Luffy's fruit but he got the wrong human human fruit

I would have preferred if it was just the normal Gomu Gomu awakening without it being another (mythical/godly) fruit.

PUNCH HARDER LUFFY, YOU STILL HAVE FREEDOM IN YOUR MUSCLES
ODEN-DAMASHI
ODEN-DAMASHI
LUFFY WINS LOL

So luffy stomps on kaido, they free the peasants, then what? Luffy is a fucking god now so what sort of powers could even come close to matching up? Awakened Conquerors Haki Admirals?

>t. guy who thought the Gorosei were not talking about the Gomu Gomu
What, did you think Oda made the Who's Who scene as a red herring? Retard.

Wow. With this reveal the amount of shitposting and speedreading has never been at such a horrendous level.

Which fits with the idea/concept of "Toon Physics". 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' is probably the best example of this, as the whole premise of the movie is a whodunit set in a 30's to 40's era where cartoons are real and their physics interact with the real world in various ways (usually for laughs, but not always as the movie attests to).

A thread reflects the writing level of the manga

I saw Monkey Sun God Nika Awakening coming the moment that chapter dropped, didn't like it then and don't like it now simple as

Joyboy as the original fruit user was still defeated by Imu 800 years ago. Luffy has a long way to go as he's still new at grasping his powers.

Reading Kaido getting grabbed with Gum Gum Bazooka! playing in the background made me feel like a child watching him Bazooka Alvida the first time.

idfc about chosen piece shit, Luffy's always had horseshit luck and lineage nothing has changed.

Oda's mix of uber serious bossfight and goofy silliness has made me feel like a kid again, and smile from the bottom of my heart.

kino.

>Wyper destroyed the Eraser pirates
they were heretics

Attached: images (23).jpg (639x480, 57.68K)

This is the panel in One Piece.

Attached: 1459362160198.jpg (1300x996, 1.06M)

Nika is just a new twist on his move set. While this is his Rubber Gear 5, it gives wiggle room for more variations down the road. G5 seemed like the end of the road for his enhancements, but since there's unseen elements to his revealed fruit and even the possibility of rumble ball usage you can keep the audience guessing as to what exactly the next wrinkle will be. That's all this is. Its function is to stretch out his moveset. People are hung up on this moronic prophecy.

>The Gomu Gomu guy who defeated Crocodile and just manhandled the CP9 is heading towards Sabaody. Shouldn't we send one of our CP0 glowniggers to intercept him?
>No bro like just chill lmao

Yeah it’s always easier to blame outside forces