In the wake of OP abysmal descend into asspullary

sometime people need to be remind of how perfect writing looks like

Attached: yugiiiiiiii.png (860x795, 427.15K)

But he is the king of asspulls

doesnt matter if those are logical asspulls

>I just happen to have a card the audience has never seen before that does the exact thing I need to turn this around

Great logic. I even love Yugioh but you're talking shit.

deus ex machina has been used in yugioh since the very beginning and became pretty much expected, and not like its the selling point of the series.

what matters is the theme, the message and the ideology. the development of Kaiba, the struggles and insecurity of Yoruichi, the almost renaissance beauty of the enemy-friend status between Kaiba and Yugi, everything leads to a perfect finale showdown between Yugi and Atem inwhich Yugi conquered his own self and become greatness. It just so good. It just so good. Every line is a work of art. "power of friendship" while usually being an asspull in other series became a major philosophy of oldschool honors and chivalry thats been lost through the ages. Just from his character building you can tell Takahashi is an awesome guy irl.

I was going to post some of the quotes to prove my points but i recently switched to a new phone and this thread might probably archives while i comb through the chapters looking for them

Oh and i might add, every characters in Yugioh feel REAL: kaiba, yugi, yoruichi, marik,....not real like you can meet them in real life but real in like how literature characters SHOULD be like. you can read old books like Four Muskerteers, War and Peace, To Whom the Bells rung, Farwell to Arms,... and there are characters who are very idealistic: courageous, honorable, persistence,... all the qualities a great man should be in the face of the hardship of life. You dont see that in normal series nowadays. You see "ordinary student", "ordinary college kid", "odinary salaryman" because their easily selfinsertable makes them sell really well. But the original aim of any literatures is the educational purpose, and Yugioh is an excellent example of this.

Nothing about his asspulls are even logical
Duelist Kingdom was just him making shit up on the spot to pull out a win

>every characters in Yugioh feel REAL: kaiba
speaking as someone who loves yugioh: you are fucking retarded. holy shit.

How long until Konami milks Duel Monsters again? People can only put up with SEVENS 2: Even More Rush Boogaloo for so long.

I think you mean to say "interesting"

why not? he has a painful past. he used his anger and frustration to burn himself out pursuing his ambition of becoming Duelist Kind and conquer the world of games (which i think would actually be conquer the whole world if this werent a kid series). After the guy got humiliated by Yugi and went through a depression period dealing with his mental conflicts, he was reminded of the reason he fought in the first place (his brother/his family) and became an absolute chad in Duelist Kingdom who has full confidence in himself and his morals, ready to forsake everything for his ambition and his family. He is a very typical Dark Triad, somewhat of a benevolent dictator.

I also very like the little touch of having Blue Eyes as his dead lover. It really shows his sentimental, romantic side behind his cunning and ruthlessness. Too bad the author didnt delved into her much.

didn't kaiba try to kill himself over a card game?
>but it was important to him
once you accept his retardation, he does a good job pulling himself together. but you have to accept he's retarded first

When simplifying the situation yeah but the situation was more like he was going to kill himself if he couldn't go on to face Pegasus for Mokuba's soul

what even happened in one piece EXACTLY. And not some meme answer, summarize the shit that's making people seethe

Yeh he was kind of a retard pre Duelist Kingdom, but i think that will happen to any teenager with abusive parents

>didn't kaiba try to kill himself over a card game?
A means to an end. He had to (or at least believed he had to) win this "childrens' card game" in order to save his brother.
What you are saying is like "people are just being overdramatic playing children games in SAW for no good reason"

You can make this thread with any character, everything is better than wan piss asspulls.

>Has been training swordfighting since he was a young malnourished peasant
>Literally has been on the frontlines of war every single year since his young childhood into his current young adulthood, actively fighting the biggest badasses he could and getting his ass handed to him on a frequent basis
>Trains with a ridiculously powerful ninja on his offtime, even while on the frontlines
>Only reason he's capable of killing his arch-nemesis is a combination of all of the obscene degree of training he'd received, his powerful weapon, multiple clashes with said nemesis, and using literally every ounce of strength in his body , enough adrenaline to ignore his copious injuries, gorilla strength, the power of friendship (moralegod), and he still literally (temporarily) died in the process
>STILL regarded as an idealistic goody two-shoes who can be bullied around by his superiors, literally seething and crying because he can't kill an officer who outranks him because his particular rank is just too important to allow murderous infighting
>Can absolutely butcher his way through armies, but still isn't given respect for it outside of extreme cases
>Still isn't actually a tactician, has someone else handle the tactics for him
>Still isn't actually a strategist, has someone else handle the tactics for him
>Still isn't actually full-retard invincible like some of the other generals we've seen

If he didn't die and the need to be resurrected with bullshit chi magic he'd probably be my favorite Shonen hero ever despite being in a Seinen manga.

Attached: 1640984458223.png (757x701, 349.32K)

Yughioh only had perfect writing before they made card games the main focus of the series. The plot should have been the same but instead of childrens card games they used other games.

Why was Kaiba's hair green in the Japanese version?

If every action you do is an asspupll, none actually is. Like Joseph in Jojo, or Shyamalan with plot twists.

At least with YGO it's kind of the status quo and expected that he's always going to do this because that's his power in the first place.