Be honest...

Be honest, is it actually as good as people will have you believe or is it only so liked because it's considered one of the obligatory babby's first serious adult anime?

Attached: 4n063I6pRLaN3vAbd5y6Xx9b3PW.jpg (1000x1500, 222.59K)

I don't care what people believe i like and that's all i care about

Consider the other things normalfags praise.
Evangelion is up there with Harry Potter, Call of Duty, The Avengers, and so on.

It'll grow on you if you're in the same mindset Anno was back then.

Also because it's one of the few anime shows that's liked by people who don't actually like anime.

It's whatever you want it to be, babe.

The latter.

it only works if you're mentally ill which most people here and growing up today are.

I watched it before I knew this place was even a thing and I thought it was good.

It's my favourite of all the "serious adult anime"

both

It's a harem in the format of a kid's giant attacks city cartoon, yet somehow people think it's a "serious adult anime", what a fucking joke

Attached: ultraman.jpg (480x360, 7.91K)

If people are still debating over who is best girl after 27 fucking years then it's definitely got long lasting appeal
Misato is best girl anyway

Sure man definitely not reductive at all there

if it looks like a duck, etc.

I'm being generous if anything.

Attached: 7.gif (500x281, 994.88K)

it's a masterpiece but not for the reasons people typically think

Rebuilds (gif of which you posted) don't count, they were made more fanservice-y to new audience.

Shut the fuck up you pretentious subhuman.

Attached: En.jpg (1440x1080, 120.67K)

>blocky looking out of focus underboob that shows up in a second is the same as close up pantsu shot taking the whole screen for a lengthy period of time
Don't be so upset at the truth.

it's transformers for coomer manchildren

Attached: zppbmy96qie71.jpg (434x512, 53.95K)