Eighty Six is the best anime we've gotten since 2006. Do you agree? I cannot think of a single other anime that's been this universally-loved by Any Forums since Haruhi. Including the one you're thinking of.

Attached: [SubsPlease] 86 - Eighty Six - 16 (1080p) [51DD10DB].mkv_00.21.26.620.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

dropped it on teh first 12 minutes into the first episode, women shouldn't be in military and race mixing is gay

I think that’s a bit far back but yeah it’s pretty well loved, especially for a mecha anime which you can tell sine /m/ refuses to talk about it

It gives me S1 AOT vibes, the anime and the community. Its comfy.

Attached: walls of mind.png (1600x900, 1.23M)

Was watching the first episode of the 2nd cour and this was another fun scene reuse to parallel their situations in the last. Love this director.

Attached: [Kantai] Eighty Six - S01E12 [FCB9B98C].mkv_20220321_150757.146.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

>mutts enters the thread

Fuck off Alba this is a Colorata thread

What happened in 2006? Suzumiya Haruhi?

The second cour of this is the hardest I have ever seen the last two episodes carry a show.

Eh, to be honest, because of its production issues, there were some episodes which were just everyone standing around and talking a lot in order to hide the lack of animation.
And they were on the rather weak side.

Overall though, I did mostly enjoy the series. I do hope that if there's an animated continuation that the producers for the anime adaptation will give it the Mushoku Tensei-treatment by letting the staff work an additional three months on a second cour if necessary, instead of rushing out and then having to come up with recap filler shit, as they did with Eighty-Six.

>universally-loved
Well, that's because the people in the discussions were the ones who stuck around until the payoff. Many people got filtered by early "muh racism" plot and the lack of world building.

this

Annoying magical loli forced into every scene in Season 2 killed it for me.

It's great but I'm not going out of my way to say it's better than everything else from the last decade. Its genre is too niche that comparing it to others is just asking for trouble.

I wish some other popular shows had effective filters like this. Would keep the threads a lot cleaner.

>it’s pretty well loved
kek

>especially for a mecha anime which you can tell sine /m/ refuses to talk about it
That's more signs that it was complete garbage

>Eighty Six
>universally loved by Any Forums

Most everyone dropped it before the end the first season

What a good thing we lose?
What a bad thibg we knew...

Exactly, nobody bothered to hatewatch it

No, I don't agree one bit. For me 86 is a war telenovela, nothing more nothing less. Sometimes was enjoyable, sometimes boring and overall forgettable.
One of my favorite anime ever was released in 2013

86 and Code Geass are the worst mecha anime i've seen.

Attached: 129481241.jpg (500x533, 46.86K)

>no new ip

Not really. There's a certain pretentious Satoshi Kon dickrider shitting up threads now and then. Still better than AoT threads tho.

I was thinking of watching this when it was over, did it actually finish with episode 23?

>making a shitposter magnet thread right after threads slowed down
you asked for a shit thread, you get one OP.

There's a pay off? Don't feel like forcing it thru garbage until then. Where is it?